Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,656 members, 7,862,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:18 AM

Impounding 2,708 Motorcycles In Eight Months, Part Of My Achievement – FCT Minis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Impounding 2,708 Motorcycles In Eight Months, Part Of My Achievement – FCT Minis (447 Views)

I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola / My Achievement In Six Years-gej / Court Awards N200,000 Against LASTMA For Impounding Lawyer’s Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impounding 2,708 Motorcycles In Eight Months, Part Of My Achievement – FCT Minis by abu12: 7:13pm On Sep 24, 2013
By SaharaReporters, New York
The minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Bala Mohammed, has listed the seizure of 2,708 commercial motorcycles, popularly called “okada,” as one of his achievements over the last eight months.
Mr. Mohammed disclosed that the motorcycles were seized between January and August this year. According to him, with this latest figure, the FCT has now increased the number of commercial motorcycles deposited at the Abuja Auto Pound to 12,024.
Mr. Mohammed made the disclosures during the FCT’s bi-weekly briefing session in Gwarimpa I District, Abuja on Monday. The minister credited the “achievement” of seizing motorcycles to the wonderful collaboration between the FCT administration and the security agencies. He stated that this collaboration has made it possible to enforce and sustain the ban on the activities of the commercial motorcyclists in the Federal Capital City.
Mr. Mohammed, a former senator, however warned that motorcyclists’ persistent activities in the Durumi, Garki and Asokoro districts remain of concern to his administration.
The FCT briefing, which was chaired by Mr. Mohammed, was also attended by other officials, including Permanent Secretary John Obinna Chukwu and the executive secretary of the Federal Capital Development Authority, Adamu Ismaila

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/impounding-2708-motorcycles-eight-months-part-my-achievement-%E2%80%93-fct-minister
Re: Impounding 2,708 Motorcycles In Eight Months, Part Of My Achievement – FCT Minis by ogb5(m): 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
Good job.
These poor people don't know when they are needed. Nonsense.

Okada riders should go into hiding, election is still 2yrs away. When election season comes we will allow them to ride and campaign for us, we can even give them a little leeway during our first tenure. But during 2nd tenure, they shouldn't dare bring out their ugly bikes and hungry looking faces to the street.

Our democracy is govt by the rich for the rich.
Re: Impounding 2,708 Motorcycles In Eight Months, Part Of My Achievement – FCT Minis by psucc(m): 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2013
Great achievers! He forgot to mention
*up-to-date salary payment.
*demolition of structures without compensation to owners.
*dry taps
*etc.
Re: Impounding 2,708 Motorcycles In Eight Months, Part Of My Achievement – FCT Minis by kettykin: 9:03pm On Sep 24, 2013
First it was Osun state Pilgrims being the first to go to Mecca for hajj and hyping it as a big achievement now it is the minister of FCT seizing 2800 motorcycles from unemployed and illiterate abokis, and someone has the audacity to tell me a call for SNC is a call for civil war.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: The Ruling Party Will Never Recover – APC / Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance / Nigeria 53rd Report Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.