Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

2015: I Will Run – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan (2131 Views)

I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido / 2015:i Saw This On The Facebook I Was Terrify / 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2013
After months of dodging the question, President Goodluck Jonathan in New York, United States on Sunday broke his silence on the 2015 presidential election when he said the Constitution allows him to do eight years of two terms

This is even as he warned those fanning the embers of disintegration in the country to refrain from doing so as the interest of the nation was greater than that of any individual. He urged politicians to drop the “do or die” approach to politics and allow him to concentrate on his core mandate of governance.

He said that having been elected by Nigerians, he should be allowed to work, adding that they have the right to vote out anybody they are not comfortable with his style of work.

The President stated this on Sunday during lunch with Nigerian professionals in New York. He said, “already, we have a constitution that makes provision for maximum of eight years for anyone who wants to become president or governor. There is no president or governor that all citizens did not vote for, but at the end of the election if somebody emerges, you must allow the person to work. If you love your country, you would want your country to work. That does not mean that you will not vote against the person if you don’t like the way he works, but you must allow him to work”.

In apparent reference to the festering Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) crisis, which has resulted in the splinter group, headed by a former deputy national Chairman, Alhaji Kawu Baraje, and the criticism by the opposition parties, Jonathan said political leaders must be mindful of what they say or do in order not to undermine the sovereignty of Nigeria.

He appealed to those he described as colleague politicians that “no matter how you feel about the political situation, consider the interest of your country first before yourself.

“If you are struggling to enter a house, you must not put dynamite there to destroy the house. By the time you get there, there will be no house for you to stay. So, first and foremost, we must collectively build our country. Don’t bother about who is there now because power is transient, very, very temporary”.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/2015-i-will-run-jonathan/
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
GEJ will get ma vote

2 Likes

Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
Even the tortoise told the hyena same grin grin
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by petrov10: 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2013
President Goodluck jonathan , u have my vote already siiire [b][/b]

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by EndTimeThings: 8:40pm On Sep 24, 2013
[size=25]GREED[/size]

#teamAPC
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by emperorchedda(m): 8:55pm On Sep 24, 2013
EndTimeThings: [size=25]GREED[/size]

#teamAPC
confirm GREED bro
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by Toktee(m): 9:02pm On Sep 24, 2013
CFCfan: After months of dodging the question, President Goodluck Jonathan in New York, United States on Sunday broke his silence on the 2015 presidential election when he said the Constitution allows him to do eight years of two terms

This is even as he warned those fanning the embers of disintegration in the country to refrain from doing so as the interest of the nation was greater than that of any individual. He urged politicians to drop the “do or die” approach to politics and allow him to concentrate on his core mandate of governance.

He said that having been elected by Nigerians, he should be allowed to work, adding that they have the right to vote out anybody they are not comfortable with his style of work.

The President stated this on Sunday during lunch with Nigerian professionals in New York. He said, “already, we have a constitution that makes provision for maximum of eight years for anyone who wants to become president or governor. There is no president or governor that all citizens did not vote for, but at the end of the election if somebody emerges, you must allow the person to work. If you love your country, you would want your country to work. That does not mean that you will not vote against the person if you don’t like the way he works, but you must allow him to work”.

In apparent reference to the festering Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) crisis, which has resulted in the splinter group, headed by a former deputy national Chairman, Alhaji Kawu Baraje, and the criticism by the opposition parties, Jonathan said political leaders must be mindful of what they say or do in order not to undermine the sovereignty of Nigeria.

He appealed to those he described as colleague politicians that “no matter how you feel about the political situation, consider the interest of your country first before yourself.

“If you are struggling to enter a house, you must not put dynamite there to destroy the house. By the time you get there, there will be no house for you to stay. So, first and foremost, we must collectively build our country. Don’t bother about who is there now because power is transient, very, very temporary”.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/2015-i-will-run-jonathan/
Look at this clumsy dull man,better warn asari dukubo,oldman clark and other ex militants at ur backyard pls direct ur speach to them cos they need to hear you loud and clear.
As for 2015 election plssssss just forget about it,taxpayers have given many shoes u dnt need one any longer

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by Tintinix: 9:02pm On Sep 24, 2013
emperorchedda: confirm GREED bro

Hahahahaha!!
Na now una know greed!
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by MightySparrow: 10:03pm On Sep 24, 2013
GEJ gets my vote. God forbid I cast my vote for any haramic person from northern part of the country. Let them be throwing their bombs nd destroying themselves. After many years of clueless misrule. I beg if Jonathan has legs, let him run o jare!

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by braine(m): 10:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
kentorito: GEJ will get ma vote

He won't get mine and any of those around me•
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by oduaboy1: 10:19pm On Sep 24, 2013
Even a toddler knows that :@retardeen is going to run for another term in office:@:@
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by Jman06(m): 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
Choose ye this day whom to vote for come 2015,as for me and my family we shall vote for GEJ!

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by fatherab1: 10:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
I consider this declaration a 'political quick ejakulatn' excited by Tony Anenih's warning †̥☺ Mr President.
With the massive pipeline vandalism, Privatization of the power sector (Gencos and Discos) †̥☺ their cronies, the terroristic threats from disarmed militants, the rough unpresidential fights against Governors, the undying security issues esp the handling of the eggon massacre of several young security guys etc. I rather chew ♏Ɣ voters card rather than vote back PDP †̥☺ power.

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by duality(m): 10:40pm On Sep 24, 2013
I can't see where he specifically said he'll run.

Reminding people of his two terms is what everyone knows. even Babangida aliyu, kwankwaso etc know this. Their demand is for him not to run.

He hasn't still said he'll run. he only said he is eligible. so is most of other nigerians.
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by Rossikk(m): 10:43pm On Sep 24, 2013
^^Welcome to NL.
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 24, 2013
GEJ on ur mark!
Get set!
GO!!!!

Come come come is that how to run. If ure not serious let me call usain bolt.
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by Dpeacemaker101: 11:17pm On Sep 24, 2013
But I didn't see where he said he was contesting, he just gave a little break down of the constitution on tenures of governors and president. But I go still support him if he should contest.
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by tupaz96: 11:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
WARRI BIBLE IS NOW OUT, GRAB UR OWN
COPY!.
Sample version..
ENG - As it is written in the Bible.
Warri - As dey yan 4 Bible.
ENG - Jesus entered the boat with His disciples.
Warri - Bro J cum enter canoe wit im padi dem.
ENG - As the boat was sailing, there was a great
storm.
Warri - As the canoe dey move na im yawa cum
gas.
ENG - The storm was so great that it was like a
whirlwind.
Warri - As the yawa dey gas, na im kasala cum
burst join.
ENG - The disciplines became so afraid and they
shouted Master! Master!.
Warri - Na im liver cum cut im padi dem, na im
dey begin dey hala Bros eh! Bros eh!.
ENG - Jesus wake up and calm the wind down.
Warri - Na so Bro J get up cum arrange the
matter.
ENG - He turned to His disciples and said, oh ye
with little faith.
Warri - Na so Bro J Luk im padi dem, shake im
head, com provoke... O boi! Una fall my hand
o!.

Lwkmd oooooo

more visit http://fb.com/judoc.bnel

follow via http://twitter.com/JudocKollect

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by drlaykay(m): 11:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
I will vote any party but PDP.have got enough of their deceit

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
2015 GEJ will run from Aso Rock to Otuoke without no shoes! Until then, keeping rocking Aso shoes. Shoeless, senseless ans clueless idiiooot

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 24, 2013
Run to where? Is he competing with Usain Bolt for a 100m race?
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by kitakoli(m): 12:26am On Sep 25, 2013
braine:

he did not beg 4 ur vote and those u either, he said u have d right to vote in or out if u dnt lyk the way he works (mumu)

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 25, 2013
odua boy: Even a toddler knows that :@retardeen is going to run for another term in office:@:@

Duh?! Somebody that tried to manipulate the constitution so he could become life President just 3 weeks after getting into office. Una never seen nothing yet.
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 25, 2013
CFCfan:

GEJ usually tells Nigerians his intentions, but dense Nigerians are always too foolish to listen.

Start preparing for Civil War.
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by inspirenet: 1:05am On Sep 25, 2013

#teamAPC

lipsrsealed undecided
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by Nobody: 4:10am On Sep 25, 2013
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by segzicres(m): 4:12am On Sep 25, 2013
So there are fools that wanna vote GEJ in? Lawd have mercy! Too many idiots in this country. Well that's why a retardeen is ruling tho

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by ochilikoko(m): 4:57am On Sep 25, 2013

#teamAPC
may God purnish dat hand dat typed Greed. Team Fresh air jaree
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by iykak47: 4:59am On Sep 25, 2013
braine:

Are those around you zombie?
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by brownlord: 5:23am On Sep 25, 2013
Ok

Wetin the post talk?
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by brownlord: 5:26am On Sep 25, 2013
brownlord: Ok

Wetin the post talk?

Og brownlord long time, you don see any of those APC or PDP thug for nairaland today?
Re: 2015: I Will Run – Jonathan by brownlord: 5:27am On Sep 25, 2013
brownlord:

Og brownlord long time, you don see any of those APC or PDP thug for nairaland today?

Guy wetin dey worry na, why u dey quote urself?

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Of The 183 Thugs Caught In IMO Are Aregbesola's Aides / Lagos N8bn Sunborn Yacht Deal, Bad Business — APC / GEJ Finally Has Declared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.