Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly (8295 Views)

Buhari, Obama, Ban Ki-Moon At UN General Meeting (Photos) / President Buhari Feeling Relaxed At UN General Meeting (photo) / Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by rill: 11:39am On Sep 25, 2013
Hit like if u didn't bother to read the transcript
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by BigBen10: 11:42am On Sep 25, 2013
sheyie2007: The UN security seat part was not necessary

It was necessary o. The rate, quantity and SUCCESS of our troops deployment in different African countries calls for us to be regarded as a memeber of the security council.
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by BekeeBuAgbara: 11:45am On Sep 25, 2013
yunglykmine:

29. The threat which nuclear weapons pose to the survival of the human race is to be understood not just in the context of aspirational nations but also the nations already in possession of such weapons. Nuclear weapons are as unsafe in the hands of small powers as they are in the hands of the major powers. It is our collective responsibility to urge the international community to respond to the clarion call for a peaceful universe in an age of uncertainty.

http://saharareporters.com/press-release/full-transcript-president-goodluck-jonathans-speech-un-general-assembly
I like the bolded part, Presido refused to massage the west ego.
If Syria, Iran, North Korea must not have nuclear weapons why should US, Russia and other major world powers possess them undecided. What makes one country holier or morally right than another, what is the criteria to have those monsters weapons?

8 Likes

Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by martyns303(m): 11:59am On Sep 25, 2013
Sending across strong message but using tender words. Nice content
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by greaterlove(m): 12:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: I like the bolded part, Presido refused to massage the west ego.
If Syria, Iran, North Korea must not have nuclear weapons why should US, Russia and other major world powers possess them undecided. What makes one country holier or morally right than another, what is the criteria to have those monsters weapons?
The President was right there and the debate on how to get rid of all the nuclear weapons should start now or mankind will destroy itself soon. Nice speech from my President. God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by Beaf1: 12:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
Why is the picture ALL black? I cant see anything in that except two white men at the back. Everything is sooo black - background, the attire, the cap, the skin are ALL black. Representing the largest African Black Nations cheesy
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by telexfree1: 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2013
Thank God haters have gone on sabbatical
May they never locate this thread.

*****relaxes while enjoying a glass of White House Aso Rock brew******* cheesy
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by chizel: 12:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
My loving presdo,I hail.the massage is well delivered.thank you for making us proud onc again
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by Sundex70: 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
Good speech. My message to all the leaders across the world is that action speaks louder than voice.
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by Forwetinnah: 12:33pm On Sep 25, 2013
automaticcars: Can someone take a look at the men sitting behind Jonathan? The two men sitting behind the podium were looking at Jonathan with pitty on their faces. The guy with dark skin made it look obvious.

Pity him for what? Do you even know what a pity face looks like..the 1 in dark skin reading the said speech from the prompter in front of him (for translation purposes), the other man isn't even looking GEJs way but paying attention non the less to what he's saying, you're here trying to make others believe your lies, sorry be your name! People who can NEVER see good and ACKNOWLEDGE IT!!
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by Tonylyte(m): 12:54pm On Sep 25, 2013
Yes o! Brother-j, you get mouth. hit that bleeping truth on their bleeping faces...if they lyk they shul term it arrogancy.
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by fasho01(m): 1:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
Well written speech! I now understand what he was trying to say cos I wasn't really getting him while he was presenting the speech.
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by Fadelex(m): 1:07pm On Sep 25, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: I like the bolded part, Presido refused to massage the west ego.
I'm not a fan of GEJ but I don't allow that to cloud my judgement when the man is doing something commendable. I've been asking this particular question for years but nobody could answer me.
What right has US gotten to posses nuclear warheads that Iran hasn't? the so called superpowers just wanna have d superiority over other nations. as FELA would say, dis-United nations... egbekegbe na bad society. bunch of hypocrites... what happened in Libya is nothin compared to what's goin on in Syria yet the hypocrites couldn't find a resolution. I guess it's because no oil to thief in Syria

3 Likes

Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by TIDDOLL(m): 1:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
kayci_d77: I was proud to be a Nigerian yday, when I saw Mr President addressing the full capacity congregation of all Head of states and presidents; and his words chosen and read out perfectly well and straight to the point, *** not some aboki presidents chewing English like Gworo***
.....LwKmD.
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by Infoay: 1:42pm On Sep 25, 2013
bad meat: Egberi faa o!yaaa!grin
Izontu I hail u o
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by Reski2500(m): 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2013
So not- surprised at how naralanders can change their stand at such an impressiv speech by jona... It shows some nairalanders still have some human factor in them.
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 25, 2013
Smh at some racist things on this topic.
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 25, 2013
Nice speech!
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by iykak47: 3:21pm On Sep 25, 2013
Amaaskia: Nice speech!
Ekaette NWA Mmoghor, how you de?tongue sad
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2013
That's my President. GEJ always make Naija proud. While one aboki ex-general is hiding in one katsina village chewing gworo and whinning like a cry baby
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 5:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
Better
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by Boss13: 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
Powerful speech, well written, straight to the point. Well done presido. Well done.
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by 52Naira(m): 6:43pm On Sep 25, 2013
best speech ever by presido Jonathan.good speech!
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by tlops(m): 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
Goodluck To Mr Goodluck on this!

Nice speech.. Ok! But don't forget all we get from our government are speeches and promises. He should be more concerned about security at home

What's d use, when America will still control the votes of such states as we have. Do you think the Nigerian President would have given America the kind of tough time the Russian and Chinese gave Obama on Syria ? Their vote will just be an additional vote for the British, American, French Et al to achieve their aim.
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by tomwealth: 8:13pm On Sep 25, 2013
Ȋ̝̊̅‎​ love my president. He'I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊
The best for now... Up GEJ!
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by zellyholly: 9:38pm On Sep 25, 2013
My own just help us approve peace corp of nigeria, that is what we are looking forward to...
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by phy: 3:10am On Sep 26, 2013
This is really a good and impressive speech.
Re: TRANSCRIPT Of President Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly by detola99(m): 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nice Speech.....But please help me tell Oga Jona that Charity begins from HOME!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zamfara Approves Death Penalty For Informants, Bandits, Others / 21,524 APC Members Defect To PDP In Plateau State / It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.