Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,359 members, 7,836,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises (2967 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / FIFA Women's World Cup (Germany 2011): Falcons Land In Group Of Death / Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by GUNNER(f): 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2006
impressive display 4rom these Spanish lads

especially their 4th goal, good, classic build-up

and superb finishing from Torres ! kiss
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by LoverBwoy(m): 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2006
wow i think spain is goin far far this time around they are well orgainised goin forward and defending!
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by otokx(m): 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2006
this guys are business like.
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by GUNNER(f): 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2006
if that was a penalty, then i am the pope lipsrsealed

Shocking decision from that referee angry
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by twinstaiye(m): 4:19pm On Jun 14, 2006
Looks like spain has been the best team so far, 4 goals nil against. I said it, this group is a group of surprises.

Cesc Fabregas becomes Spain's youngest World Cup player as he replaces fellow Premiership star Luis Garcia. The Arsenal midfielder is 19 years and 41 days old.

Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by GUNNER(f): 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2006
that looks like Xabi Alonso 2 moi! grin
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by twinstaiye(m): 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2006
SAUDI ARABIA VERSUS TUNISIA
"Saudi Arabia are one of only two teams in this World Cup, Italy being the other, where all the players play in their domestic league. The worry here is that players will be going out to sell themselves to the European leagues and will play as individuals rather than a team."

Saudi goalkeeper Mohamed Al-Deayer will have to wait to add to his incredible tally of 181 caps, after being named among the substitutes.

Tunisia will start with Ali Boumnijel between the post, who at the age of 40 is the oldest player in the tournament.

A win for either nation in this group puts them in with a very good chance of qualifying for the second phase after Spain's 4-0 hammering of Ukraine earlier."

Tunisia are without Francileudo Santos for their group opener against Saudi Arabia after the striker picked up a leg injury in a warm-up match. Coach Roger Lemerre has put his faith in 19-year-old Yassine Chikhaoui as a direct replacement for Santos.

Saudi Arabia skipper Sami al-Jaber will start on the bench, after being troubled by a thigh injury. The veteran striker, in line to win his 161st cap, is replaced by 23-year-old Yasser al-Kahtani.
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by GUNNER(f): 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2006
tunisia just took the lead against saudi arabia

flying effort from Jaziri 1-0

no suprises there , the "Carthage Eagles" will win this game
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by GUNNER(f): 5:40pm On Jun 14, 2006
where is that "Santos" fellow ?  tongue

seems like he aint even on the bench shocked

maybe he got an injury undecided
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by otokx(m): 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2006
sometimes i wonder how some teams make it to the world cup year after year and still do not improve the level of their game.
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by hucarson(m): 6:09pm On Jun 14, 2006
Its a shame!
I think FIFA should start using the world rankings to pick the 24 teams that will make it to the world cup.
Some teams are just too shambolic to be making the World Cup.
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by GUNNER(f): 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2006
nice move by the saudis results in a goal 1-1

this must spice up the contest
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by GUNNER(f): 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2006
veteran al-jaber just made it 2-1 for Saudi Arabia,

my oh my  shocked it look likes i am going to have 2 eat my words cry

5mins to go till the end of the game
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by GUNNER(f): 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2006
the two Arabo teams cancelled each other out 2-2

Tunisia certainly did not win, but what a close call 4 them

think the Saudis deserved to win, on the balance of play alone

i am still waiting for that 1st African win in this tournament
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 14, 2006
excellent game! So exciting, i can't believe Saudi has gotten this good, i think Tunisia really missed Dos Santos, what a game to lose him!
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by otokx(m): 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2006
quite interesting group
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by mukina2: 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2006
wow the spanish really embarassed the ukrainians shocked shocked.It shows a clear statement of intent from the spanish wink  , Ukraine with all the bigg names if only they had four chenkos undecided  4-0 the biggest win so far,

@ under18  you said u didnt know hu the arabs will bring did you watch their match i dont think those black guys are arabs ooo grin grin grin they played really well.This is really a group of surprises shocked just imagine spain  and the arabs or the tunisians shocked will be a great match, The tunisians are also good played really well but wewre given a run for it, last minute goal really superb, Didnt know jaziri knew karate cheesy
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by Priscila(f): 10:41am On Jun 15, 2006
Mukina2.
You of all the fans can actually praise Tunisia that they played well?
God! those men are the poorest Africans in world cup now together with their Saudi Arabia brothers. mI was just happy they got aa point.
What was Dos santos doing on bench?
they play same mediocre football and I fear for them with Spain.
Those goals just made them look the same. I wish gunner was in that group they would have gone through to second round
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by hucarson(m): 11:13am On Jun 15, 2006
@ Priscilla
Tunisians have so far been the best to represent Africa in this tournament and all the credits should go to their astute manager,Roger Lemerre.
The only African team that plays pure european football with loads of discipline and they never relented until the final whistle.
Ivory Coast and Ghana have been the most disappointing cos i expect more from 'em than the Togolese and Angolans.
Tunisia all the way. A very balanced side and i am sure they will give the Spaniards a run for their money.
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by Priscila(f): 2:59pm On Jun 15, 2006
Yeah Huc
thats why I said they were lucky for a point.
I didnt like their game
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by Grizzly(m): 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2006
Yeah right, a point,
one point for Africa, sad. well we looking forward to second matches though.
And about that penalty awarded against ukraine, boy! that was sad,
Re: Germany 2006 - Group H - Group Of Surprises by mukina2: 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2006
the tunisians played well in the first half despite the animosity of the ref but come second half they atsrted defending,and the spaniards kept attacking, ah mama Africa where are you sad sad sad sad sad

Ukraine perfect payback shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Falconet Vs Super Eagle, Who Do You Think Will Win? / Sure Draw / Fans React As Messi Refused To Shake Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.