Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Can Nigeria Security Forces Learn Any Lesson From Kenya's Shopping Mall Attack? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Nigeria Security Forces Learn Any Lesson From Kenya's Shopping Mall Attack? (711 Views)

Security Forces Burst Boko Haram Intelligence Network / Excerpts From Al-qaeda Manifesto Left In Timbuktu: Any Lesson For Nigeria? / If There Is Any Lesson Arising From Nigeria’s Performance In The 2012 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigeria Security Forces Learn Any Lesson From Kenya's Shopping Mall Attack? by ambrosini593(m): 6:34am On Sep 25, 2013
To be frank that attack could have happened in any country, but thank God it is all over. I must commend kenya's security forces the way they responded. No committee was set up it was just straight attack even though over 70 lives were lost. This is to show organized is Kenya's army.
From the Nigeria perspective do you think our army has learnt a lesson from this attack?. Are they prepared to handle such challenge? Don't forget that kenya was attacked because their army were among those sent on peace keeping mission in somalia. What our own army being sent across africa for peace keeping. I think our security forces can learn something from this attack. What do you think?
Re: Can Nigeria Security Forces Learn Any Lesson From Kenya's Shopping Mall Attack? by amiskurie(m): 7:45am On Sep 25, 2013
nigerian army are capable to withstand such challenges but boko-haram menace is simply not taken seriously.

our military will not take it serious because its a menace that's been politicized.
Re: Can Nigeria Security Forces Learn Any Lesson From Kenya's Shopping Mall Attack? by UyiIredia(m): 7:54am On Sep 25, 2013
To the citizens, report suspicious movements to the police. To the police, take reports seriously. To owner of public buildings, hire competent and well-armed guards. Daz all. Chineke is involved.
Re: Can Nigeria Security Forces Learn Any Lesson From Kenya's Shopping Mall Attack? by Stallion77(f): 8:07am On Sep 25, 2013
I dont wan to say something now and i will be banned...the spate of bans is getting worrisome... Its like we are being gagged... am so sad cry cry
Re: Can Nigeria Security Forces Learn Any Lesson From Kenya's Shopping Mall Attack? by Trailii: 8:14am On Sep 25, 2013
Notin to learn. Nigeria army are better in every aspect than dere Kenya counterpart. So don't ridicule den.
Re: Can Nigeria Security Forces Learn Any Lesson From Kenya's Shopping Mall Attack? by OuchDaddy(m): 8:27am On Sep 25, 2013
They have a lot to learn from Kenya!!!! Esp GEJ! If it happened in Nigeria, we wnt see any pictures or even video's.......press-men seen trying to report will be arrested & beaten! Security chiefs & senator's will only condemn d attacks, GEJ will set-up a 12 man committee to negotiate with the killers! Sick-Sick theories......*sighs
Re: Can Nigeria Security Forces Learn Any Lesson From Kenya's Shopping Mall Attack? by 9jii(m): 8:30am On Sep 25, 2013
Did they learn from boko harm hundreds of bombings and attacks?

Did they learn from ombatse ambush?

Did they learn from a frequent crimes going on everyday?
NO

But I wish they will
Re: Can Nigeria Security Forces Learn Any Lesson From Kenya's Shopping Mall Attack? by UyiIredia(m): 8:42am On Sep 25, 2013
Stallion77: I dont wan to say something now and i will be banned...the spate of bans is getting worrisome... Its like we are being gagged... am so sad cry cry

End Time Tingz abi undecided

@ mods: I hardly use the word so please don't ban me for it.

Re: Can Nigeria Security Forces Learn Any Lesson From Kenya's Shopping Mall Attack? by Jakumo(m): 10:08am On Sep 25, 2013
This is a very relevant question, Ambrosini, particularly when one bears in mind that virtually simultaneous with the Kenya mall terror attack, news reports emerged from northern Nigeria of a major ambush staged by fundamentalist terror squads, entrapping of civilian motorists in their hundreds along a strategic highway linking two major towns in the terror-ravaged Borno/Bauchi axis of the country.

The body-count from the Nigerian highway blockade and mass slaughter is conservatively estimated at over 200 dead people so far gathered by health officials, who added that numerous other corpses, seen further away from the highway, were left to rot where they fell after fleeing pursuing gunmen with mortal bullet wounds, implying that the death toll is without question considerably higher than the figure of 200 civilian casualties quoted so far.

The sequential coincidence of the Kenya mall terror attack in East Africa, and the wanton highway genocide in northern Nigeria, considered in the context of the ideological similarity between both terror gangs involved in those near-simultaneous civilian slaughters, suggests strongly that a level of administrative coordination probably exists between the perpetrators of both of the massacres that racked the African continent in rapid succession over the past week.

The question of whether Nigerian security officials have learned enough from the Kenyan horror to become more effective in preventing terror attacks can never be answered definitively, since the terrorists need only get lucky ONCE to wreak major havoc, while the security agencies cannot to afford to fail EVER.

This sad reality about the ever-present terror threat in today’s world holds true as much in Nigeria as it does in Europe or North America, for there is under way a global clash between the forces of modernity, freedom and tolerance on one hand, pitted against a dark, bloodthirsty allegiance of religious extremists, who are typified by the cold-hearted child-killers who this week roamed that Kenyan shopping mall tossing grenades and spraying gunfire, and by the turbaned throat-slitting sadists who laid in wait beside that Nigerian highway, and then set upon all motorists who were caught there, in order to kill them for the sheer demonic pleasure of the blood-letting.

In short, the right and the just must never sleep, nor relax vigilance, lest the evil annihilate the right and the just, one massacre at a time.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Killings Victims Were Terrorists, Says Army Chief / Why Has Shell Refused To Build Refinery In Nigeria? ––ribadu / Why The Tripartite Agreement Involving Willie Obiano Shouldn’t Be Taken Lightly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.