Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen (16514 Views)

Herdsmen Kidnap Catholic Priest In Enugu / Redeemed Pastor Sent To Prison Over N100m Lekki Land Fraud (photo) / Female MFM Pastor Remanded In Prison Over Visa Scam [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Youngzedd(m): 8:05am On Sep 25, 2013
ENUGU—A Catholic priest was, yesterday, remanded in prison custody over alleged attack on policemen investigating issues arising from the crisis in his parish in EnuguState.

The priest, who was arraigned alongside three other parishioners, was charged with assault and unlawful attempt to kill one Inspector Cosmos Nzeribe and a team of police officers attached to police headquarters, Enugu.

The Enugu Magistrate’s Court, which remanded the priest was, however, besieged by hundreds of his supporters, who wore long faces as the priest was being taken to the prison.

He was said to be having a running battle with the Bishop of Awgu Catholic Diocese.

Presiding Magistrate, E.M. Egumgbe, remanded the suspects in prison custody, saying that they can apply for bail in a high court.

Counsel to the priest, Ray Nnaji, who spoke with newsmen after the court session, said that his client was sent to prison on trumped up charges.

Nnaji said the policemen beat up the priest after stripping him naked and detained him.

He said: “I have been following this matter for some time.

“We know quite well that beating up the police is condemnable, though the priest has said he has no business with beating the police and did not tell anyone to beat the police.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/catholic-priest-in-prison-over-assault-on-policemen/
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by princemolak(m): 12:56pm On Sep 25, 2013
na wa for obodo/nigerians oo

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by lafuria1(m): 12:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
Lol @ hidden post.

Anyway touch not my annoited won't work here

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Policewoman(f): 12:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
I believe this case should be thoroughly investigated to get to the bottom of the issue. It is not common hearing of a priest assaulting a policeman. Hmmm with all these hidden posts does that make me first to comment? cool

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Nikapetrelli(f): 12:59pm On Sep 25, 2013
Na wa,Matter's arising
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Henrypraise: 12:59pm On Sep 25, 2013
Dominum Vobiscum

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by write2obi(m): 1:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
One comment only and its already in front page?? Op are you a Mod or Super-Mod or Admin
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by nerodenero: 1:01pm On Sep 25, 2013
Every bad news that one can think of emanates from the Church ranging from sexual assault, murder, ritual and corruption etc. These are devices the devil is using to distract, confuse, gather disciples to hell and discourage people from the assembly of faithfuls. The Church will definitely keep marching on until the last day.

14 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by DonColz1(m): 1:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
father forgive them for they know not what they are doing

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by endlessAli: 1:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
Youngzedd: ENUGU—A Catholic priest was, yesterday, remanded in prison custody over alleged attack on policemen investigating issues arising from the crisis in his parish in EnuguState.

The priest, who was arraigned alongside three other parishioners, was charged with assault and unlawful attempt to kill one Inspector Cosmos Nzeribe and a team ogumgbe, remanded the suspects in prison custody, saying that they can apply for bail in a high court.

Counsel to the priest, Ray Nnaji, who spoke with newsmen after the court session, said that his client was sent to prison on trumped up charges.

Nnaji said the policemen beat up the priest after stripping him naked and detained him.

He said: “I have been following this matter for some time.

“We know quite well that beating up the police is condemnable, though the priest has said he has no business with beating the police and did not tell anyone to beat the police.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/catholic-priest-in-prison-over-assault-on-policemen/
nawa ooo father only God the priest n d policemen knows the truth,but let them release priest.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by JMOI: 1:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
The priest should be released with immediate effect, then a thorough investigation should be carried out. A man of his status should not be thrown into the police cell just like that.
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by anyaekekehinde(m): 1:05pm On Sep 25, 2013
Let me keep quite.
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
anyaekekehinde: Let me keep quite.
My guys said ETT and they were banned.
That's the content of the first 2 hidden comments.
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
I think this is a good development, maybe God wants the parish priest to go to prison and convert souls. Let me tell you guys a story, there was this man that committed murder months ago, before he killed his neighbor he had been previously sent to a prison for stabbing someone and while in prison he met and became friends with some hardcore criminals who now turned him and taught him how to kill. if this priest was in jail that time, he would have preached to him and turned him.

People do listen to preachers you know, still trying to turn a new leaf after my preacher said I will get 28 demons if I sleep with my gf who travelled to ph and did runzz girl cos she is now an acahwo.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by topas100(m): 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
God is in charge of the case

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by IYANGBALI: 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
write2obi: One comment only and its already in front page?? Op are you a Mod or Super-Mod or Admin
no mind am
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Lilimax(f): 1:09pm On Sep 25, 2013
Reverend Father beaten and stripped nake.d?
Aru angry!!
Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm says the scripturesad
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:10pm On Sep 25, 2013
This story get K-Leg!
Last Bullet:
Priests are not violent people. But this is end time!
A Gorvernor can rrape his state, a President can forcefully disvirgin his country & continue to rrape the citizens at his will. Hm! End Time Tinz
Who beat the Police officer?
Ask google?

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by moscobabs(m): 1:13pm On Sep 25, 2013
write2obi: One comment only and its already in front page?? Op are you a Mod or Super-Mod or Admin
na politic tin on Nairaland jare!!
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by nerodenero: 1:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
Policewoman: I believe this case should be thoroughly investigated to get to the bottom of the issue. It is not common hearing of a priest assaulting a policeman. Hmmm with all these hidden posts does that make me first to comment? cool
As your handle implies, wish you could liaise with them (Police) for a speedy and thorough investigation so as to prevent an innocent man from being unjustly treated.
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by spade: 1:16pm On Sep 25, 2013
I just hope these aren't trumped up charges.

Knowing the Nigerian Police, I wouldn't really put it past them.
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by DonHummer(m): 1:21pm On Sep 25, 2013
any civilian dat beats up a nigerian polic man is my frnd...
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by mko2005: 1:21pm On Sep 25, 2013
The mods are anti-Christ so any write up against the body of Christ MUST be on front page whether true or false !

God help us
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by xynerise: 1:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
This should be a political matter. Ohakim did the same thing to a priest some years back
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by creativemusic: 1:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
THE TRUTH SHALL SET US FREE.[i][/i]
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by Mannylex(m): 1:31pm On Sep 25, 2013
queenvic: THE TRUTH SHALL SET US FREE.[i][/i]
Exactly...

I just hope the police force did not manipulate this issue... Cause, me I don't trust those niggas
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by agrovick(m): 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2013
Wahala dey
Re: Catholic Priest In Prison Over Assault On Policemen by philmimi1992(m): 1:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
;DI WISH I CAN TRUST A MAN WEARING BLACK! ;DI WISH I CAN TRUST A MAN WEARING BLACK!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebubeagu Arrests Suspected Child Traffickers In Ebonyi (VIDEO) / Police Parade Suspected Snatchers Of Rivers State Poll Materials(picture) / Man Rapes 5-Year-Old Girl After Luring Her With Biscuit In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.