Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million (15961 Views)

Actress Stephaine Okereke Also Shows Off Her Dogs (photos) / Stephaine Okereke’s Wedding Plans / Is It True That Carol Ekanem Has A Child For Stephaine Okereke's Ex-husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by smile4kenn(m): 6:08am On Jun 25, 2008
Screen goddess, Stephanie Okereke, has cited infidelity and treachery, among other vices as the reason she is seeking the dissolution of her four-year marriage to former Super Eagles player, Chikelue Iloenyosi.

The Nollywood star got married to the ex- Super Eagles player in Lagos on August 31, 2004, but according to her, even at the time of their wedding, Iloenyosi was already married to one Ijeoma Mba in the United States without her knowledge.

Okereke packed out of her matrimonial home on January 14, 2007 after she was reportedly confronted by her husband’s first wife and other women with whom he was allegedly having illicit affairs.

A divorce petition brought by Okereke’s counsel, Robert Bob Okoroji, is now before a Lagos High Court.

In the petition, the actress says said she was fed up living with lies, even as she claimed she was deceived into the marriage.
The petition said: “Prior to August 31, 2004, when marriage sought to be nullified was entered into by the respondent and the petitioner, the respondent, unknown to the petitioner, had gotten married to one Ijeoma Mba.

“As at the August 31, 2004 when the marriage sought to be nullified was entered into, the respondent was in a subsisting marriage with the said Ijeoma Mba.”
Besides seeking for a court order terminating the marriage, Okereke is also praying the court to award a sum of N100 million damages in her favour against Iloenyosi for the trauma he allegedly subjected her to.
However, the husband, in his response, put a lie to the claim that the marriage was void in law as at the time it was contracted on August 31, 2004. He said he was already a bonafide divorcee, having quit his wedlock with the said Mba two years earlier before his marriage to Okereke.

Apart from the allegation of infidelity and counter-claim of infidelity between the petitioner and the respondent, there are also claims and counter-claims of ownership of multi-million naira property.
Specifically, the petitioner claimed that while they were married, she bore the financial burden of sustaining the family as the man could not offer any meaningful contribution but depended on her earnings from acting and other businesses.

“Since the petitioner’s life was in danger due to the respondent’s violence, the petitioner left the matrimonial home on January 14, 2007 for the safety of her life.”

In his response, the former soccer star countered that there was no time his first wife or any other woman ever confronted the petitioner, especially as he never set eyes on Mba since 2002 after the dissolution of their marriage in the US.
He accused Okereke of hiring thugs to invade their home and cart away his property to counter the allegation that he fraudulently obtained huge sums of money from his wife.
Part of the money alleged to have been fraudulently obtained by the husband was a sum of N4.3 million allegedly meant for the purchase of land for his brother-in-law. However, Iloenyosi insisted that the money belonged to him, claiming it was repayment of debt owed him by one Jimmy.

Among the property that the actress wants her estranged husband to return are a Mercedez Benz car CLR 500 valued at N3.5 million, a Volkswagen Passat 2.0 car, with registration number, DP 182 GGE, valued at N3.5 million and a laptop computer valued at N150,000.
The rest, according to Okereke, are kitchen utensils, including a gas cooker, refrigerators, microwave oven pots et cetera valued at N600,000, three pet dogs, household furniture and appliances.
The husband, however, appears to still have a place for the beautiful actress in his heart. He has asked the court to dismiss the petition and hold that the marriage being sought to be dissolved was validly contracted.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2008/jun/25/national-25-06-2008-002.htm

Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 05, 2008
Sorry Stephanie sad
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by meggy11: 7:31pm On Jul 05, 2008
men sef only God go help us o
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by tope2000(f): 9:52pm On Jul 05, 2008
shes not serious, where is the man going to get that kind money from?

1 Like

Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by tosinadeda: 12:17am On Jul 06, 2008
women are just so gullible, now u will
blame the man abi? na woman be the problem of this world!!!!!!!
100m ko 100m ni. se she never sleep outside her own marriage? thief

1 Like

Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by kissangel1: 12:30am On Jul 06, 2008
na true u talk, ONYE OSHI , like her, 100m, haba, shebi she sef suppose get her own money? e be like say na oju kokoro carry am enter into hot soup, anyway sha, no be say dat her husband sef no get im own for body, YEYE PEOPLE
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by TOH(f): 12:33am On Jul 06, 2008
tope2000:

shes not serious, where is the man going to get that kind money from?

is he not a football player? Let him find a way.

Dont know what she was thinking marrying an athlete anyway. They're all dogs.
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by kissangel1: 12:40am On Jul 06, 2008
THE gUY NO DEY EVEN RING BELL especially as a footballer. i know if hes all that popular as a footballer. ABEG SHE SEF FOR DON BENEFIT FROM THE RELATIONSHIP, I THINK SHE IS JUST BEING GREEDY, NO Be say the guy no suppose drop something o
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by ikamefa(f): 1:22am On Jul 06, 2008
100 million naira?   "  grin "

she go wait  teyyyyyyyyy! for that money  cheesy cheesy  9 j a man(a footballer ) at that nor dey carry last grin

all this celebrity marriages rush in!  rush out!
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by Esss(m): 1:24am On Jul 06, 2008
wat rubbish!!

Does our marrital laws in this country say anything about alimony?? Cos this 100million matter is not bean o!

Abeg make person tell me before i marry o!! So I go just get my lawyer to draft me an Iron clad pre-nupt kia-kia.

See Naija babes o!! 100million ke!! even if na yahoo sef.
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by tosinadeda: 11:36am On Jul 06, 2008
like she is worth half a million
hisses
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by tilewill(m): 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2008
Don't mind her, that's how they grab it fast fast, what's the outcome
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by tope2000(f): 3:35pm On Jul 06, 2008
TOH:

The guy is a nigerian footballer not an international one and i doubt they pay them that well.

1 Like

Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by Raymond88(m): 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2008
100 million Naira? she be thief?! angry
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by tosinadeda: 12:41am On Jul 07, 2008
TOH:

dogs ke?
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by moHot(f): 6:13pm On Jul 07, 2008
you can not blame stephanie like that infact i support her. I know her story very well and if you hear it yourselves you will pity her. Her so called ex-husband was a man she brought from the gutter and cleaned up, the problem actually started when she had an acident and couldn't walk with her legs ,the man actually thought she won't walk again so he started looking elsewhere and the emotional torture was so much for her that she had to move out of her matrimonial home and now that she has bounced back she decided to act accordingly.even the said man have another woman in his house as at present.

Though she has moved on with her life, but i support her action and i pray the judgement would be in her favour.

2 Likes

Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by meggy11: 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2008
can u imagine that?the guy be think say he don put liability bfor house after the accident idiot.well thank God she has moved on with her life.the guy should be forced to pay the 100m if possible.well all my reactions are based on what i hear,i don't know her personally.
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by moHot(f): 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2008
meggy 11:

can u imagine that?the guy be think say he don put liability bfor house after the accident idiot.well thank God she has moved on with her life.the guy should be forced to pay the 100m if possible.well all my reactions are based on what i hear,i don't know her personally.

you have spoken well
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by CARUSO(m): 12:09am On Jul 08, 2008
what a gold digging cu.m LovePeddler!!! grin

taking a dude with pennies left to the cleaners!!!
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by UNLEASHED(m): 12:58am On Jul 08, 2008
Hmmm Men!!
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by kissangel1: 9:24am On Jul 08, 2008
@moHot

Her so called ex-husband was a man she brought from the gutter and cleaned up,

you' ve said it all dearie, if she actually brought him from the gutters then it implies that she aught to be in better standing than the guy especially financially, so where does she expect him to generate that kind of money for. inas much as i sympatise with her for her hobbys callousness, let her be more realistic and not potray herself like an opportunist.

besides shes a good actress and has lots of potentials. abeg she don born pickin for the man sef
[quote][/quote]
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by Trottle: 8:26pm On Jan 03, 2013
TOH:

making u a filthy b.i.t.c.h
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by daryoor(m): 2:02am On Jan 04, 2013
100 million? i tot she complained he depended on her income when they were together ?
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by Medley(m): 7:44am On Jan 04, 2013
dont destroy Ur good image,dear. U guys will have to search for a way of marrying the poor now.
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 04, 2013
Moderator please end this thread. Haba.

1 Like

Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
Marriage is now a business for some women,get married,after some times,file for divorce,and you are on your way,smiling to the bank.
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
wtf?!?!?!?!

i thought this was just another attention seeking thread - after all the lovey lovey wey linda take spam her blog
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by AbdulAdam56(m): 5:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
Celebrity marriage i hate it,cos it a,int gonna last.
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by SELFWORTH: 8:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
God will judge!
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by SELFWORTH: 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
Raymond88: 100 million Naira? she be thief?! angry

Poverty speaking .
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by jaymichael(m): 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
daryoor: 100 million? i tot she complained he depended on her income when they were together ?
I wonder o! you say the guy no get shi shi and na you dey carter for the house, na only you come still say make the same person wey no get shi shi pay you 100million naira. in short, I would rather kill myself than commit suicide.
Re: Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million by Freeopod(m): 8:56pm On Jan 04, 2013
scammer watch!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thin Tall Tony Celebrates His Brother's Posthumous Birthday (Photos) / Father's Day: Tonto Dikeh Celebrates Herself, Explains How To Be A Good Father / J Martins Shares Photo With His Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.