Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Breaking News: Delta Central Senatorial Apc Primaries, A Fraud- Keyamo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Delta Central Senatorial Apc Primaries, A Fraud- Keyamo (815 Views)

Uche Ekwunife Affirmed The Winner Of Anambra Central Senatorial District / BREAKING NEWS ; Delta State REC Arrested. / APC Denies Adopting Keyamo As Delta Central Senatorial Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Delta Central Senatorial Apc Primaries, A Fraud- Keyamo by Lexa14: 10:53pm On Sep 25, 2013
Wednesday, March 25th, 2013.

The Chairman,
APC Delta Central Senatorial Bye-Election
Primaries’ Committee,

Attn: Senator Osita Izunaso,

DECISION NOT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE APC DELTA CENTRAL SENATORIAL PRIMARIES FOR THE 2013 SENATORIAL BYE-ELECTION

My name is Olorogun Festus Keyamo. I am an aspirant cleared by the All Progressives Congress to contest the primaries for the 2013 Senatorial bye-election in Delta State.

I have taken a painful but necessary decision not to participate in the primaries to be organized later today at Ughelli because the whole exercise is nothing but a sham that is packaged, rigged and concocted to favour my opponent, Olorogun O’tega Emerhor. The following are my reasons:

(1) That the exercise was preceded on the 24th of September, 2013 by registration of limited number of members of APC in Delta State since there were no registered members before now, being a newly registered party.

(2) That in the said exercise, it was agreed with members of your committee that the slots for the registration cards for the new members would be distributed evenly between former members of the merging parties in each local government area. The said defunct parties are ACN, ANPP, CPC and a faction of DPP.

(3) That, however, when the materials arrived the venues, thugs loyal to my opponent, hijacked the materials, beat up the officials and took the materials to unknown places (outside the approved venues) to fill up the registers and cards. The L.G.As where no formal registration took place at all are Sapele, Ethiope West, Ughelli North (which is the local government area of my opponent) and Ughelli South. Partial registration occurred in Ethiope East before the thugs of my opponent disrupted the scene and carted away materials.

(4) That I have met formally with some members of the committee and asked for the outright cancellation of those L.G.As where no registration took place at all and for us to proceed with the primaries with the L.G.As where registration took place.

(5) That I was however just told this morning by the Committee that full registers of registered members have surfaced in L.G.As like Sapele, Ughelli North, Ughelli South and Ethiope East with strange names.

(6) That I and my supporters do not know how and when these registers were filed up and membership cards issued. This is because my supporters stayed at the registration venues in these L.G.As till late in the night before they went home.

(7) That in the circumstance it becomes a worry to me and my supporters to go into a contest where they were not given an equal chance to register to vote for someone of their choice.

(cool That it is disappointing that the Committee members of the APC connived openly with my opponent to allow such a brazen rape of free choice and democracy to take place.

(9) Other open acts of bias on the part of the APC Committee are:

(i) The venues for registration were not known to me and my supporters, despite repeated demands, up till about 11:00am on the day of the registration whereas, my opponents supporters had filled the venues as early as 6:00am.

(ii) The venue for the sham primaries was not made known to me, despite repeated demands until about 12:00noon today, whereas my opponent’s supporters had thronged the venue as early as 6:00am today.

(10) In the circumstances, I boldly say that any result that comes out of today’s exercise will be a colossal fraud and waste of time. Please, count me out.

This is a notice that no vote should be cast or counted in my favour in the today staged-managed process.

A copy of this letter is being sent to the Interim National Committee of the APC.

Yours sincerely,

OLOROGUN FESTUS KEYAMO
Re: Breaking News: Delta Central Senatorial Apc Primaries, A Fraud- Keyamo by gleaf: 11:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
In Obj's voice #I dey lafooooooo#......APC wahala will pass pdp own oooo

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Delta Central Senatorial Apc Primaries, A Fraud- Keyamo by Lexa14: 11:14pm On Sep 25, 2013
WHY ARE THY SOOO SCARED AND TREATENED BY KEYAMO'S ASPIRATION FOR SENATE.[b] IT'S SUCH A SHAME HOW THE PETTY POMPOUS OLD MAN CALLED TOM IKIMI ALONG WITH OME GREEDY OFFICIALS SN FROM ABUJA TOOK IT UPON THEMSELVES TO STATGE MANAGE THE APC PRIMARIES FOR THE DELTA CENTRAL SENATORIAL BYE-ELECTION TO FAVOUR A MAN WHO HAVE REGULARLY BOASTED THAT HE HAS "PURCHASED" THE GREEEEEEDY CHIEF TOM IKIMI.

IF FOR NOTHING ELSE. CHIEF TOM IKIMI SHOULD RESPECT THE EFFORTS OF THE LEADERS THAT CAME TOGETHER PUTTING PERSONAL GRIEVANCES ASIDE TO FORM THIS PERCIEVED PROGRESSIVE PARTY CALLED THE APC. FOR THE FIRST TIME THE DELTA CENTRAL YOUTHS EXPERIENCED POLITICS PLAYED IN A BOLD, LOGICAL AND COURAGEOUS MANNER. WE ALL SAW IT POP AND PLAIN HOW THE OFFICIALS CONIVED WITH O'TEGA EMERHOR TO RIG AN INTRA PARTY SELECTION PROCESS. IT IS SUCH A SHAME. THESE CARELESS OLD UNPATRIOTIC ELEMNTS SHOULD BE SIEVED FROM THIS PARTY ASAP. WE NEED TO BE ENCOURAGED THAT THINGS CAN GET BETTER. I DON'T SEE THE FEAR IN ALLOWING JUST LESS THAN 2000 DELEGATES VOTE FOR THEIR CHOICE. ALL THAT CAN HAPPEN IS ONE WINNER AND ONE LOOSER.....AND WE MOVE ON WITH ONE VOICE. WETIN BAD FOR THAT. I TIRE
Re: Breaking News: Delta Central Senatorial Apc Primaries, A Fraud- Keyamo by moyinoluwabun(m): 11:16pm On Sep 25, 2013
I'm still watching the self acclaimed progressives with keen interest.
Re: Breaking News: Delta Central Senatorial Apc Primaries, A Fraud- Keyamo by Biodup: 11:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
Festus is a virus, a trouble maker. Apc must do everytin possible to silent this talkative
Re: Breaking News: Delta Central Senatorial Apc Primaries, A Fraud- Keyamo by rareman(m): 11:29pm On Sep 25, 2013
Dear Keyamo, take heart this is Nigerian politics 101, its a different terrain here, unfortunately this your folks are the one gearing up to wrestle power from PDP.
Am so sorry for your troubles, but you now see that Nigerian problem is beyond egbe onu (mouth gun)
Re: Breaking News: Delta Central Senatorial Apc Primaries, A Fraud- Keyamo by guass(m): 11:54pm On Sep 25, 2013
I WAS AT THE SCENE OF PRIMARY YESTERDAY,
O'TEGA EMERHO ARRIVED THE VENUE FIRST TO PREPARE HIS SUPPORTERS,
WHEN FESTUS KEYAMO ARRIVED LATER HE DISCOVERED THAT MORE THAN 70% OF THE SUPPORTERS ON GROUND WHERE ON THE SIDE OF O'TEGE EMERHO.
HE (FESTUS) THEREFORE REVERSED HIS CARS AND RAN AWAY.

KEYAMO U ARE A MESS!
Re: Breaking News: Delta Central Senatorial Apc Primaries, A Fraud- Keyamo by Onyejiuwaokoh: 11:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
That is exactly how they rigged Anambra governorship primary. Rochas even boasted before the primary, 'there is no need for primary election Ngige has won'which means whether people like it or not they must give Ngige. they perfected their proposed fraud(primary election) by giving Ngige 63000 votes the number of votes he could not even get in Anambra state entirely in the last governorship Election.
Re: Breaking News: Delta Central Senatorial Apc Primaries, A Fraud- Keyamo by Lexa14: 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2013
guass: I WAS AT THE SCENE OF PRIMARY YESTERDAY,
O'TEGA EMERHO ARRIVED THE VENUE FIRST TO PREPARE HIS SUPPORTERS,
WHEN FESTUS KEYAMO ARRIVED LATER HE DISCOVERED THAT MORE THAN 70% OF THE SUPPORTERS ON GROUND WHERE ON THE SIDE OF O'TEGE EMERHO.
HE (FESTUS) THEREFORE REVERSED HIS CARS AND RAN AWAY.

KEYAMO U ARE A MESS!

YOUR COMMENT MEANS YOU WHERE NOT THERE. I WILL ENDEAVOUR TO CONVERT VIDEOS ON MY PHONE FOR UPLOAD SO ALL CAN SEE. KEYAMO ARRIVED ABOUT TEN MINUTES BEFORE O'TEGA DID. BOTH SUPPORTERS PARADED WITH GYRATIONS WHILE KEYAMO WENT ROUND ON THE STREET STANDING ON THE CAR MOVING SLOWLY AMONGST HIS DIE HARD SUPPORTERS TOWARDS THE ROUND ABOUT .....MADE A UTURN SO AS TO GET DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE TOWN HALL GATE. AFTER RECEIVING PRAISES AND CHEERS FROM THE CROWD HE WENT INSIDE TO ADDRESS THE PRESS TO INFORM THEM OF HIS DECISION TO WITHDRAW FROM THE PRIMARIES WHICH WAS DECIDED 4 hours. BEFORE HIS ARRIVAL AT THIS VENUE. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A DELTA STATE LEADER LEAD HIS SUPPORTERS LIKE THIS BEFORE. TAKING THE FRONT ROW OF THE PROTEST AND AMIDST SUCH HULLABALOO ...THE LOOK ON HIS FACE GAVE HOPE...WORDS FROM HIS MOUTH ENERGIZED HIS SUPPORTES...HIS POSITION WAS INDEED A SIGHT TO ENVY. WE ALL SAW IT ...EVEN PEOPLE IN OPPOSITION WERE TRILLED BY HIS COURAGE....IT WAS LIKE A LION STRIDING IN CONFIDENCE AND PRIDE..WE DON'T NEED TO LIE....THIS TWO GUYS ARE URHOBO SONS..NO NEED FOR ENEMITY.....ONE HAS DEVOTED AND DIE HARD FOLLOWERS WHILE THE OTHER THROWS MONEY AROUND FOR SUPPORT. FESTUS KEYAMO IS MY NEW HERO. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO YOUR CHOICE TOO
Re: Breaking News: Delta Central Senatorial Apc Primaries, A Fraud- Keyamo by mrking3(m): 8:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
I don't have †ђξ Patient to Read this Crap! †ђξ Headline is enough for me to Laugh out Loud!!! I'm waiting for †ђξ Big show come 2015! Keyamo's case is Inconsequential!! He got what he asked for!! Why is he crying fowl?

(1) (Reply)

2015: I Didn’t Sign One-term Deal With Anybody – Jonathan / What Is It With OPC Members / BREAKING NEWS: Ex-vice President, Mike Akhigbe, Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.