Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,760 members, 7,851,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:07 AM

Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 - Sports (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 (153588 Views)

Nigeria Vs Iran: Fifa U17 WC (4 - 1) On 29th October 2013 / Nigeria Vs Iraq: FIFA U-17 World Cup (5 - 0) On 25th October 2013 / Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by write2obi(m): 5:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
onila: Ethiopians its not that serious, its just a game undecided

Ethiopians angry after match

burning cars n shi.t

they should take it easy oo, no one should commit suicide oo, instead that person should kill him self, "its better to kill your self than commit suicide

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by IYANGBALI: 5:07pm On Oct 13, 2013
mz mariah: Now I am proud to be a Nigerian. Emenike I love u lots kiss
let that love end here,don't you know I want you alone to myself?
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by purplekayc(m): 5:07pm On Oct 13, 2013
zika1: well wen we started having boyfrnds who knw ntin bt football
what ? What do u mean nothing??
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by ghettodreamz(m): 5:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
nadia_SA: lol how u lose it here thoU

I was just trying being comical. Too bad you guys didn't get the joke. Now, did you? grin
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by ichidodo: 5:09pm On Oct 13, 2013
striker9: Emenike is good,better than Yekini?you must be joking.
And what do you know about Football?! omo no dey compare Molue 911 with Lamborghini Diablo

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by IYANGBALI: 5:09pm On Oct 13, 2013
write2obi:
they should take it easy oo, no one should commit suicide oo, instead that person should kill him self, "its better to kill your self than commit suicide
yes o,it is better for them to kill themselves than to commit suicide

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by pazienza(m): 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
ichidodo: At the rate this BIAFRAN is going he just might beat Rashidi Yekini's Goal record.I d'say he is way better than than Rashidi( not taking anything from Yekini though) but his movement, tecnical ability, pass, hold up play,speed and finishing is way better than Yekini.It was fate Emenike couldn't go to the Confed but its all played into our hands with the Biafran much fresher, hungrier,determined to set the record straight....For the home game Keshi needs to set the stall out and pick these ethiopians off, Emenike.must be well serviced and victualled no dulling.Victor and Ahmed should keep the Biafran well fed with passes. Keshi should get some spare ammo just incase,Biafrans like Imoh Ezikiel,Nwafor Chima ,Obinna Nsofor, Obasi can be invited and tested for the the friendly at home to Botsawana?? in the midweek.What we need are goal machines. Up Eagles

Please,you guys should not pay this guy any attention, he just had too much alcohol for his own good and logged online.

Emenike needs the support of Nigerians off and on the pitch. Emenike is nobody without Oboabana, ambrose efe,Onazi,Ideye,Moses, all these guys are not igbos, and had contributed one way or the other for this win, emenike can't do the job of ambrose, neither can he do the job of Onazi in the midfield.

Nobody should misconstrue this guy's shallow post above as that of all Igbo people. The guy is on his own, direct all your anger and opinions towards him, leave Ndiigbo alone.

5 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by write2obi(m): 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
ichidodo: Wrong. Igbos are proud people and can never be afraid to be called Biafrans,why don't you STFU and allow true igbos wallow in the euphoric glory of their illustrous Biafran Son?!.
I give up
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2013

burning cars n shi.t

Seriously
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by gp66(m): 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
eagles really tried dia best. The pitch was hell. Over bouncing of d ball was the main problem for the eagles to control.

Thank God atlast the motivation of GEJ was nt in vain.

His Goodluck is really working in Nigeria. Sooner than later Nigerians will thank God for sending GEJ to them.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2013

burning cars n shi.t

And they like to be in World Cup 2014. They should just relax, come to Nigeria to display the local talents they displayed on that their crazy pitch again.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by zika1(f): 5:11pm On Oct 13, 2013
Emmadani: should i organize a match btw the ethopian galz vs 11 of you' in adis ababa?If u dnt beat them 10-0 then i will slaugther u for ramadan....!Ur type that will just run 50metres and collapse.U beta shut up there if dnt av any gud tin to say about d se.
o really? Well u knw d truth is bitter. I'm nt saying I am nt. Happy bout d end result wat I am saying is more ws expected 4rm africa's best. They were far 4rm dier best in 2dai's match. Nd I football u dnt take chances play like u re playing wit the worlds best
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by gratiaeo(m): 5:11pm On Oct 13, 2013
pazienza:

Nnaa lets stop this nah, no need rubbing things on people's faces, you guys should stop this already.
This team was once tagged a sectional team from a particular section of this country and demand for the coach to be sacked

The present set of Super Eagles, assembled by Coach Stephen Keshi has been described as a sectional team which doesn’t reflect the true representation of Nigeria’s strength in soccer and
the federal character symphony we always see in our national teams.
Chairman Oyo State Chapter of
Nigerian Union of Journalist,
Comrade Gbenga Opadotun
made this call in Ibadan while
reacting on the dismal outing of the Super Eagles in their first outing in the on-going African Nations Cup in South Africa.
The NUJ boss queried why a
player like Obafemi Martins
with his improved form was
excluded from the AFCON team leaving the team without any player from South-West geo-political zone of the country.
''What we all wanted is the
success of our national team but Coach Stephen Keshi has given lots of room for questions in the composition and way he assembled his team for the Nation Cup, there is no way that one would not be forced to ask questions with what the team played against Burkina-Faso in their first match.
''Without any prejudice to this
present crop of players and
their handler, me I don’t see
them as a true representation of our present strength in the
game of football that we all love and follow in Nigeria. Keshi should try and balance the composition of the team to
reflect federal character that is
being practiced in the country”,
Opadotun, an ardent 3SC fan
noted.
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=8833#.UQ6X0L8MimI.facebook

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by maximunimpact(m): 5:11pm On Oct 13, 2013
IYA NGBALI: what did they do to us?we beat them at their own backyard and that is what counts,3 points baby,now kiss me
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by emmanial: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
Eagus take Antelopes do suya
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by fdigital(m): 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
Keshi should up their game against next cos it aint't going to be groovy with this guys. Damn i taught oliseh was just blabbing.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by ckkris: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
nadia_SA: azonto when ghana wins...

Etighi dance now!!..
Azonto is a Lagos act. Etighi is a Port Harcourt act. Nadia_SA you're too much.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Zeusd3(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2013
it took nigerian's alot of time to come up with the winner lets just becareful so we come out with the ticket to brazil 2014 grin shocked cheesy wink smiley[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2013
ghettodreamz:

I was just trying being comical. Too bad you guys didn't get the joke. Now, did you? grin
chaii comedy is not for u brotha... grin
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Goke7: 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2013
zika1: I won't deny emenikes goal ws fantastic it kinda took me tym 2 even sit cos I ws all jumpy.bt d penalty came in wen we needed it most nd dats where d luck comes in. If we had nt gotten dat I cn bet wit d way the match ws men dey wld hv put anoda ball in d net. So I really dnt hv issh wit his goal nd I agree wit u on dat goal it ws brilliant

do you call a clear and uncontroversial penalty luck again, my brother do you see the world class pass from mikel that made emenike gave a good run before he was fouled? and you say its luck, look here our problem as nigerians is that we think we should dominate every game, you can dominate a game and then a world class move by your opponent make nonsense of your tiki taka play, that's how we lost against uruguay at the conferdations cup, we dominate play but a world class goal by Forlan made the difference

That's what the Eagles showed today sheer brillinace and not luck even messi and ronaldo will salute the eagles for a job weldone

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by striker9(m): 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
ichidodo: And what do you know about Football?! omo no dey compare Molue 911 with Lamborghini Diablo
Its obvious you didn't see Yekini play,you were probably in diapers or was still unborn.Go ahead and get some copies of SE football matches way back.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by zika1(f): 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
purplekayc: what ? What do u mean nothing??
as the word implies NOTHING
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Rastamann: 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
gratiaeo:
This team was once tagged a sectional team from a particular section of this country and demand for the coach to be sacked

The present set of Super Eagles, assembled by Coach Stephen Keshi has been described as a sectional team which doesn’t reflect the true representation of Nigeria’s strength in soccer and
the federal character symphony we always see in our national teams.
Chairman Oyo State Chapter of
Nigerian Union of Journalist,
Comrade Gbenga Opadotun
made this call in Ibadan while
reacting on the dismal outing of the Super Eagles in their first outing in the on-going African Nations Cup in South Africa.
The NUJ boss queried why a
player like Obafemi Martins
with his improved form was
excluded from the AFCON team leaving the team without any player from South-West geo-political zone of the country.
''What we all wanted is the
success of our national team but Coach Stephen Keshi has given lots of room for questions in the composition and way he assembled his team for the Nation Cup, there is no way that one would not be forced to ask questions with what the team played against Burkina-Faso in their first match.
''Without any prejudice to this
present crop of players and
their handler, me I don’t see
them as a true representation of our present strength in the
game of football that we all love and follow in Nigeria. Keshi should try and balance the composition of the team to
reflect federal character that is
being practiced in the country”,
Opadotun, an ardent 3SC fan
noted.
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=8833#.UQ6X0L8MimI.facebook

No wonder 3SC is leading the Nigeria Premier league from the bottom!

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by kstyle2(m): 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
I tink d super eagles tried...incase u dnt knw,these ethopians hav bin 2geda 4 ova a mnth since most of dem r home based n 2 play unda dat altitude no b beans...u shld knw dat d eagles arrived ystrday n i wz a bit sceptical....but oduamadi shld nt play 4 us again jst lyk d way cleverly,young n welbck hav no bizness bin in man utd...we nid 2 adress out set piece issue...aluko shld b brought in cos he plays free kicks 4 hull city n he's a beta playa dan oduamadi...keshi's substitution wz spot on...up eagles
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
ckkris: Azonto is a Lagos act. Etighi is a Port Harcourt act. Nadia_SA you're too much.
I read azonto is actually ghana dance ..so I'm wrong..
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by donLEXY(m): 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2013
NOTED!

Operator: Thank you for contacting the technical crew of the SUPER EAGLES, your opinion is appreciated and we are working greatly to put this into action. Send in more opinions and you could win a trip to BRAZIL 2014. thank you ones again

Lexy for super eagles

bboiabb: Credit to Ethiopia for giving us a challenge. I know we Nigerians (some of us) thought they would be a walk over. They are a VERY good team. They just lacked the experience to seal the deal.

In Calabar, if I am Keshi, I would sit back, slow the game down A LOT in order to frustrate them and then counter attack them. If we do that, we could win by 3 or 4 goals..
If we sit back and defend, they will attack us at full force cos of desperation, which will leave their defence as open as the bottle of palm wine i will drink to celebrate our victory tonight grin grin grin

#upNigeria
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Ozonna(m): 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2013
pazienza:

Nnaa lets stop this nah, no need rubbing things on people's faces, you guys should stop this already.

Nna eh, I weak for our people. Biko, make una stop
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by ichidodo: 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2013
mikeansy:

just grow up
Shut up my Friend.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by modestdude(m): 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
BREAKING NEWS!!!
National Akpu Sellers Union has named Emenike the man of the match and a proud ambassador after which he penned down a promotion contract deal with them at an undisclosed fee
In another development, the Ethiopian FA has filed a request to FIFA to investigate the nutritional components of AKPU as they alleged that it is a performance enhancement drug due to its long processing which involves soaking of cassava in water for 4 days to allow it ferment. grin

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Danhumprey: 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
Who are those claiming that Emenike's 1st goal was out of luck on our part It's obvious that they watched the match in the jungle! Re-play that clip and see for yourself! That goal was classic and majestic! Even with high altitude,he still had the strenght to take that shot! Even with the two Ethiopian players trying to block his shot,it still pass through and into the post. The two players were helpless,so was the goal-keeper. As far as I'm concern,and as far as the match is concerned,in all fairness,that goal was majestic and superb and more of hardwork than luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (88) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Tunisia AFCON 2021.Round-of-16: (0 - 1) On 23rd January 2022 / Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 / Super Eagles Vs Atletico Madrid In Uyo - 2 - 3 (Full-Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.