Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead (29882 Views)

Read The Worst Obituary Written For A Dead Mother By Her Kids / Teen Saved A Little Girl From A Kidnapper / China Earthquake: How A Mother Saved Her Son (An Emotional Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person. If you were not a person, you would realise I corrected the person.

https://www.nairaland.com/1448459/kenya-mall-under-attack-islamic/22#18288058

If he used his brain how come he crawled there only to stand up when getting there without even bothering looking around?

He came up with the plans with others, and so? That would save them from a hale of bullets?

Cretin, it is obvious he likely came up with the plan with other unarmed people, no wonder he went there unarmed despite being a police officer. If the shooters had got there and seen him while he was careless, that is death to those people. But all that thinking is too much for your wee brain.
All these venom, i have a life, with your deranged self, keep fighting and cursing people on Nland every day.
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
Sagamite:

4.14 to 4.34
Like seriously, how old are you? undecided

I see no reason why anyone will tag Islam to be worse than Judaism or Christianity
Islam is a relatively new religion. Are we to discard the crusades? Aren't they all guilty of gender inequality?? Christianity has passed through the phase Islam is passing through, it's only a matter of time b4 they all calm down.

There are too many people that have killed in the name of religion, do not blame the religion for how some ppl choose to interpret it.
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by Sagamite(m): 10:03pm On Sep 26, 2013
Donlittle: All these venom, i have a life, with your deranged self, keep fighting and cursing people on Nland every day.

Shut up.

Why would I not curse people that do not have a brain. You don't know potential Zombies are a danger to society if they get into the hands of evil people?

Cretins don't ever want to listen to how things can be done better or well. No wonder Africa is so backwards.

It is such a struggle on the continent to get the fucktards to agree we should be the best we can be.
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by Sagamite(m): 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2013
This woman seems to have had the opportunity to do what I was talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFs-2JqwiJw
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by striker9(m): 10:54pm On Sep 26, 2013
The guy crawled to where the woman was hiding with her kids,he knew they were scared.He couldn't have walked towards them,she might freaked out,thereby making a sound or her kids might scream.He wanted to earn her trust,but he made a mistake by not watching his back after she accepted to follow him.The guy is brave,we talking about terrorists here,not armed robbers,lol.

1 Like

Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by dont8(m): 11:25pm On Sep 26, 2013
At the bolded, is there any difference? Just curiuos.
striker9: The guy crawled to where the woman was hiding with her kids,he knew they were scared.He couldn't have walked towards them,she might freaked out,thereby making a sound or her kids might scream.He wanted to earn her trust,but he made a mistake by not watching his back after she accepted to follow him.The guy is brave,we talking about terrorists here,not armed robbers,lol.
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by babybuzx(f): 2:50am On Sep 27, 2013
She is a heroine. She is an encouragement to motherhood. But how many Nigerian mothers can do such? This thing wey we dey talk na at GUN POINT oooooocheesy
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by Nobody: 3:41am On Sep 27, 2013
Mothers are capable of incredible things when their childrens lives are at danger.

1 Like

Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by striker9(m): 8:36am On Sep 27, 2013
dont8: At the bolded, is there any difference? Just curiuos.
Very huge one bro,you might wanna use your dictionary.
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 27, 2013
Wow
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by dont8(m): 9:35am On Sep 27, 2013
I've checked my dictionary, can't find any difference-they are both killers angry
striker9: Very huge one bro,you might wanna use your dictionary.
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by telexfree1: 9:56am On Sep 27, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Mothers are capable of incredible things when their childrens lives are at danger.

Yup
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by plux: 11:54am On Sep 27, 2013
Okija_juju and Sagamite think before you write anything down. And get a life!!!
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by Sagamite(m): 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
plux: Okija_juju and Sagamite think before you write anything down. And get a life!!!

You are a person!

You just showed thinking is not an art you engage in.
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by plux: 1:07pm On Sep 27, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

You just showed thinking is not an art you engage in.

Big Mouth

Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by Sagamite(m): 1:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by striker9(m): 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2013
dont8: I've checked my dictionary, can't find any difference-they are both killers angry
Armed robbers wants your money and valuables,they don't care about your religion,they let you live if you cooperate.Terrorists don't care about your money,there aim is to kill and destroy.
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by dont8(m): 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
There is no difference jor, what if I commit suicide afterwards, knowing fully well I got the money on loan and if I don't cooperate?
striker9: Armed robbers wants your money and valuables,they don't care about your religion,they let you live if you cooperate.Terrorists don't care about your money,there aim is to kill and destroy.
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by dont8(m): 2:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
Sagamite needs to read this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1456199/abdul-haji-kenyan-somali-muslim-saves

You'll realize those guys are mostly civilians or vigilante at best, I call it bravery at it's peak.
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by Sagamite(m): 2:30pm On Sep 27, 2013
dont8: Sagamite needs to read this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1456199/abdul-haji-kenyan-somali-muslim-saves

You'll realize those guys are mostly civilians or vigilante at best, I call it bravery at it's peak.

Then those ones have an excuse and cannot be blamed.

But as for this in the story:

"It was now close to an hour since the shootings had started and the anti-terror unit had not yet arrived."

Disgrace!

In my world, HEADS WILL ROLL!
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by tefund(m): 6:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
Happy to be alive
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by delishpot: 7:12pm On Sep 27, 2013
Hian.
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
moscobabs:
you smart at all
Ha ha ha he doesn't understand the meaning of playing dead. Wonder if it was written as feigning death
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by preeky: 2:40am On Sep 28, 2013
Thats a brave woman instead of running around and kids to different directions she lay still and that saved all their lives.A mothers instinct indeed.bravo lady! Thank God alshabab never saw them cos they were brandishing guns to everyone they saw leading them to a certain room where they shot at close range or literally strangled them.I tell you am still terrified
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by pendo89(f): 9:19am On Sep 28, 2013
Sagamite:

One thing I have learnt in hindsight seeing this is that, if I was ever unfortunately in these position with my family and we are yet to get out of the building, the first thing I would do is that I would find someone injured or dead and rob their blood all over my family. So when we need to play dead, it would be a little convincing.

No No sagamite,the events that played out that day did not leave room for such acts of bravery! It was too risky not with bullets flying around!
Look at where that woman lay,do you see any dead person nearby? would you risk looking for dead people's blood to smear on yourself?? honestly I wouldn't even breathe!
From victims accounts,those who attempted to make the slightest movement ended up dead! or shot!!

Ok this is what happened.
- nine people pull up at westgate with guns blazing
- enter the mall shoot in the air to alert fellow assailants who were already in the mall then proceed to shooting at people
- number of assailants in excess of 25 took up positions in various parts of the mall
- assailants rigged 50 cal gun with laser controlled unmanned automatic firing, rigged most of the mall with small explosives
- assailant snipers took positions in the vents
- the KDF got the vent plans, determined the snipers positions, sealed the vents, got the fans to blow towards the snipers then deployed flame throwers with over 50 metres range and fried the idiots inside the vents

The KDF/Army are not stationed at westgate,those fellows stay in their barracks -some distance away.
The first people to react were reservists,ordinary cops and anyone with a gun!
By the time it was discovered that this was no ordinary robbery,guys had lost lives,the army was called in followed by the KDF in that order.
And they used different entry points to access the building including the roof top.
I mean even the most well trained group makes blunders during such operations and victims are always there.
The confusion that reigned initially was too much so I can't blame the woman.
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by dont8(m): 9:55am On Sep 28, 2013
Well said, let's see if Sagamite would change his taught about this event and stop blaming the security agents of ill-trained.
pendo89:
No No sagamite,the events that played out that day did not leave room for such acts of bravery! It was too risky not with bullets flying around!
Look at where that woman lay,do you see any dead person nearby? would you risk looking for dead people's blood to smear on yourself?? honestly I wouldn't even breathe!
From victims accounts,those who attempted to make the slightest movement ended up dead! or shot!!

- enter the mall shoot in the air to alert fellow assailants who were already in the mall then proceed to shooting at people
- number of assailants in excess of 25 took up positions in various parts of the mall
- assailants rigged 50 cal gun with laser controlled unmanned automatic firing, rigged most of the mall with small explosives
- the KDF got the vent plans, determined the snipers positions, sealed the vents, got the fans to blow towards the snipers then deployed flame throwers with over 50 metres range and fried the idiots inside the vents

The KDF/Army are not stationed at westgate,those fellows stay in their barracks -some distance away.
By the time it was discovered that this was no ordinary robbery,guys had lost lives,the army was called in followed by the KDF in that order.
And they used different entry points to access the building including the roof top.
I mean even the most well trained group makes blunders during such operations and victims are always there.
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by Sagamite(m): 9:58am On Sep 28, 2013
pendo89:

Yeah, I was not blaming the woman. I was just stating the precautionary measures I would take if I could.

"assailants rigged 50 cal gun with laser controlled unmanned automatic firing" - What does this mean?

You mean they were using weapons that fired on their own in the mall?
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by Sagamite(m): 10:04am On Sep 28, 2013
dont8: Well said, let's see if Sagamite would change his taught about this event and stop blaming the security agents of ill-trained.

That is the more reason why the first police officers that got their should have exhibited training of having their guns pointed straight and ready, not hanging down.

Confusion is not an excuse for them if they were well trained. Majority of their job would be in environment of confusion anyway and training should show they can be mostly structured and professional even in the midst of confusion.
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by pendo89(f): 10:09am On Sep 28, 2013
Sagamite:

Yeah, I was not blaming the woman. I was just stating the precautionary measures I would take if I could.

"assailants rigged 50 cal gun with laser controlled unmanned automatic firing" - What does this mean?

You mean they were using weapons that fired on their own in the mall?

yes,but they were put on when the kdf/army took control.
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by dont8(m): 10:14am On Sep 28, 2013
All in all, they did a good job, we're not even 100% sure if that guy that crawled to rescue the woman and her children was a civilian or a security agent. Take for instance, Hajji Yusuf that rescued a lot of peeps in that building was initially said to be a security agent; not until later, it was discovered it's his brother that was actually an agent.
Sagamite:

That is the more reason why the first police officers that got their should have exhibited training of having their guns pointed straight and ready, not hanging down.

Confusion is not an excuse for them if they were well trained. Majority of their job would be in environment of confusion anyway and training should show they can be mostly structured and professional even in the midst of confusion.
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by pendo89(f): 10:21am On Sep 28, 2013
Sagamite:

Sagamite why do you keep insisting that they were not well trained? These people you are blaming are partly trained by the foreign forces you keep hailing. If the British soldiers train in kenya how much do you think our forces are exposed to? Yeah they do undergo training by those fellows-the kind of training that can kill a normal human like you and I on day 1.
And If they are poorly trained,how did they succeed in dealing with el-shabab in mogadishu,where the americans failed and gave up?

We are seeing a retaliation, but trust me Kenya will not relent on the war. Somalia needs Kenya to survive and Kenya has ways of draining life out of that poor country. Whenever such terrorist acts happens,the somalis bear the brunt more than kenyans .

Please don't underestimate or come to conclusions based on one or two acts which you see on video, because the real acts of bravery by soldiers are never captured as there's no luxury time to take photos when the war heats up.

Only accounts by the soldiers in the line of fire worth listening to.
Re: Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead by Sagamite(m): 11:08am On Sep 28, 2013
dont8: All in all, they did a good job, we're not even 100% sure if that guy that crawled to rescue the woman and her children was a civilian or a security agent. Take for instance, Hajji Yusuf that rescued a lot of peeps in that building was initially said to be a security agent; not until later, it was discovered it's his brother that was actually an agent.

I don't think I heard any reliable news agency call him specifically a security agent.

pendo89:
Sagamite why do you keep insisting that they were not well trained? These people you are blaming are partly trained by the foreign forces you keep hailing. If the British soldiers train in kenya how much do you think our forces are exposed to? Yeah they do undergo training by those fellows-the kind of training that can kill a normal human like you and I on day 1.
And If they are poorly trained,how did they succeed in dealing with el-shabab in mogadishu,where the americans failed and gave up?

We are seeing a retaliation, but trust me Kenya will not relent on the war. Somalia needs Kenya to survive and Kenya has ways of draining life out of that poor country. Whenever such terrorist acts happens,the somalis bear the brunt more than kenyans .

Please don't underestimate or come to conclusions based on one or two acts which you see on video, because the real acts of bravery by soldiers are never captured as there's no luxury time to take photos when the war heats up.

Only accounts by the soldiers in the line of fire worth listening to.

The police officers I saw did not exhibit good training. Maybe the special forces did but I cannot know because the media was blocked and withdrawn when they came into play to stop the communication between the terrorists and their commanders.

Succeed in Mogadishu? grin grin grin

Sweetie, I am sure the military standard expected from a Western Army in a war zone is different from that expected from an African Army in a war zone. So I would not use that to refer to success and failure.

If we tried to apply US Army standard on the Nigerian Army fighting Boko Haram, Boko Haram would be having carnivals in the city centre before exploding their bombs.

The fact there is that if you are unrestrained by professional standards, you can strike fear in the opposition and their supporters and slaughter as many people as possible without anyone questioning you, hence increasing your odds of killing the enemy.

And No, the US did not fail in Mogadishu, they went there as peacekeepers and decided, due to public pressure, their soldiers are not worth dying for this. I am sure we Africans don't give a toss about our soldiers that much and I am sure more Kenyan soldiers would have died in Somalia than US soldiers did. I sure don't give a toss about the Nigerian Army, but strangely enough care for the British Army.

If I was President of Kenya though, I would send more troops into Somalia to capture all the regions Al-Shabaab has.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US Drone Strike In Kabul Killed Civilians, Not Terrorists - Pentagon Admits / Sierra Leone Rejects Koroma's Relocation To Nigeria / Putin Says Russia Will Achieve Ukraine Goals, Decries Sanctions (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.