Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,507 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? (1709 Views)

African/blackroots Science Religion. Science Of Creation. / Bomb Shell As Pope Francis Says Genesis Account Of Creation Is False / Complete Story Of Creation: When did god create hell fire ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by dejilg(m): 10:31am On Oct 04, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Obviously, I'm not qualified to teach you a lesson in evolution, but know this:

Evolution can be defined as the gradual development of something, esp. from a simple to a more complex form.

A baby that transformed into a young adult within the space of 20 years, just underwent a minor form of evolution. Surely, it doesn't require much faith to believe that?

As for Plato, he was a genius, an anomaly if you will. He evolved far beyond his time. Every generation is blessed with such people.

For real? Growing is a form of evolution? Well if that's all to evolution then I have no problem with it...but that "baby" will only pass through d phase his ancestors passed thro'. No more no less! The baby doesn't develop wings or anythin at all...the ancestors ddnt evolve frm ape or wateva! They have remained as human as we are now! You also mentioned plato as evolved past his own time...but wud u agree to me saying that "I can walk on water"?
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 04, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Absolutely. HUMANS Haven't actually maximized their brain potential, but whenever that happens in no distant future, the brain's physiology will remain largely unchanged.
Then we can not say that what we experienced was Evolution. Evolution as we know it in this case must be biological for it to make sense in the light of Darwin's theory. I don't know if you get what I mean.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RayMcBlue(m): 10:49am On Oct 04, 2013
Reyginus: Then we can not say that what we experienced was Evolution. Evolution as we know it in this case must be biological for it to make sense in the light of Darwin's theory. I don't know if you get what I mean.

Like I said before, evolution is not only physical but also psychological. Humans to evolve in form must first negotiate the Psyche stage.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RayMcBlue(m): 10:50am On Oct 04, 2013
dejilg:

For real? Growing is a form of evolution? Well if that's all to evolution then I have no problem with it...but that "baby" will only pass through d phase his ancestors passed thro'. No more no less! The baby doesn't develop wings or anythin at all...the ancestors ddnt evolve frm ape or wateva! They have remained as human as we are now! You also mentioned plato as evolved past his own time...but wud u agree to me saying that "I can walk on water"?

*Yawns*
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 04, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Like I said before, evolution is not only physical but also psychological. Humans to evolve in form must first negotiate the Psyche stage.
Now you want to take us back. Didn't it occur to you that before function changes the form must first change? If there is no change in form, how then is the psyche stage negotiated without a change taking place?
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RayMcBlue(m): 11:28am On Oct 04, 2013
Reyginus: Now you want to take us back. Didn't it occur to you that before function changes the form must first change? If there is no change in form, how then is the psyche stage negotiated without a change taking place?

You misunderstood me. When I said psyche, I meant the intellect side of evolution. For man to transform physically which is another step to physical part of evolution, he must complete the present stage (becoming more intelligent through experience), which is the only way he can falicitate the advent of the next chapter.

Note, physical evolution is exceedingly slow process, and might take up to a million years to occur.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 04, 2013
Ray McBlue:

You misunderstood me. When I said psyche, I meant the intellect side of evolution. For man to transform physically which is another step to physical part of evolution, he must complete the last stage (becoming more intelligent through experience), which is the only way he can falicitate the advent of the next chapter.
Okay. But you know this is not Darwins concept of Evolution. He saw Evolution as purely a change in structure constituting in higher function. The two must operate in unison. You don't agree with him then?
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RayMcBlue(m): 11:38am On Oct 04, 2013
Reyginus: Okay. But you know this is not Darwins concept of Evolution. He saw Evolution as purely a change in structure constituting in higher function. The two must operate in unison. You don't agree with him then?

A lot of modern evolutionist don't agree with Darwin.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by dejilg(m): 11:46am On Oct 04, 2013
Oh look at me! Am a computer and I happened by chance/accident, wen d plastic industry, chemical lab and the black smith's workplace suddenly blow and mix together! And my friend is dictionary because the ink in d printing press exploded on the paper! ---- Evolution crap!
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RayMcBlue(m): 11:54am On Oct 04, 2013
dejilg: Oh look at me! Am a computer and I happened by chance/accident, wen d plastic industry, chemical lab and the black smith's workplace suddenly blow and mix together! And my friend is dictionary because the ink in d printing press exploded on the paper! ---- Evolution crap!

Your creation myth is no better.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by dejilg(m): 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2013
atleast it accounts for a Grand Designer which accounts for reasoning and our inherent sense of morality and why most rocks and our shoes dnt speak to us and many other things Science can't answer!!! I will only believe in Evolution when I can see any man created thing or object that is more complex than man himself!
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RayMcBlue(m): 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2013
dejilg: atleast it accounts for a Grand Designer which accounts for reasoning and our inherent sense of morality and why most rocks and our shoes dnt speak to us and many other things Science can't answer!!! I will only believe in Evolution when I can see any man created thing or object that is more complex than man himself!

You surely do live in ignorance and nightmare and mistaken it for a way of life!

To become a religion, it is necessary for a superstition to enslave a philosophy. The way to see by faith is to shut the eyes of reason.

The Christians live in nightmares and think it's a pleasant dream indeed! SMH for people like you...
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by dejilg(m): 12:38pm On Oct 04, 2013
Ray McBlue:

You surely do live in ignorance and nightmare and mistaken it for a way of life!

To become a religion, it is necessary for a superstition to enslave a philosophy. The way to see by faith is to shut the eyes of reason.

The Christians live in nightmares and think it's a pleasant dream indeed! SMH for people like you...

Yeah Nightmares that are real and somewhat happens right after u dream abt dem! I agree, my reality isn't urs...but this coming from someone who thinks that Evolution is reality? Consider dis

Sir Fred Hoyle, British mathematician and
astronomer, was quoted in Nature magazine,
November 12, 1981, as saying "The chance that
higher life forms might have emerged in this way
(evolution) is comparable with the chance that a
tornado sweeping through a junk-yard might
assemble a Boeing 747 from the materials therein."

Sure that's not a dream! Probably the planes that crashed are built from this form of chance!
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RayMcBlue(m): 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
RationalDude: Most times, I just get amazed at what humans can do. Seeing how far we have gone in science & technology, art etc etc, sometimes I just think that there might be much at work here than just evolution.

Nothing more, mate. It's all as a result of evolution in all it's glory.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by Kay17: 6:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
dejilg:

Well so far as all you have said, its based on the assumptions that it takes millions of years to evolve! More faith is required to believe such tale!

Therefore the theory of evolution is logically valid. The assumptions are not absolute, thus no article of faith is required.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by Kay17: 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
dejilg: Oh look at me! Am a computer and I happened by chance/accident, wen d plastic industry, chemical lab and the black smith's workplace suddenly blow and mix together! And my friend is dictionary because the ink in d printing press exploded on the paper! ---- Evolution crap!

Is your argument that all order is made possible ONLY by a mind?!

Or that only highly complex order is made possible ONLY by a mind?!
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by MrTroll(m): 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2013
Kay 17:

Is your argument that all order is made possible ONLY by a mind?!

Or that only highly complex order is made possible ONLY by a mind?!
You get time. When serious minded religious folks have moved on from denying the reality of evolution to suggesting Intelligent Design, you're here engaging mo'fos quoting 1981 articles in 2013.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Miraculous Protection From HIV / What Should We Learn From The Thief On The Cross? / The Eagle Is Mightier Than The Snake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.