Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals (2563 Views)

Buhari Is Most Honest, Reliable And Most Credible Person To Arrest Corruption. / The Story Of The Poorest And Most Honest Man In Nigeria / Bakare:buhari Is The Most Honest Person I Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by economia: 7:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
Lost wallet experiment reveals the world's most honest city
18 hrs ago
Every traveler's worst nightmare is to lose their wallet in a foreign city. But how likely are you to get that lost cash sent back to you? Readers' Digest commissioned a study that involved dropping 12 wallets in prominent places in 16 major cities across the world. Each wallet contained the equivalent of $50 in cash, along with contact details and an assortment of family snapshots. In total, less than half of the wallets were returned, and the study concluded that "age is no predictor of whether a person is going to be honest or dishonest; young and old [and male and female] both kept or returned wallets."
Overall, the most honest city was Helsinki, Finland, where 11 of the 12 wallets were turned in, while the most money-grabby was Lisbon, Portugal, where only one lost wallet was returned (by a vacationing couple from Holland). New York, the only U.S. city on the list, tied with Budapest, Hungary, for third place, with 8 out of 12 wallets being returned. That's sort of good news, but we think we'll just take our chances and tuck our wallets into our stylish fanny packs.
Here are the full results:
1. Helsinki, Finland - 11 out of 12 wallets
2. Mumbai, India - 9 out of 12
3. Budapest, Hungary - 8 out of 12
3. New York City, USA - 8 out of 12
5. Moscow, Russia - 7 out of 12
5. Amsterdam, Netherlands - 7 out of 12
7. Berlin, Germany - 6 out of 12
7. Ljubljana, Slovenia - 6 out of 12
9. London, UK - 5 out of 12
9. Warsaw, Poland - 5 out of 12
11. Bucharest, Romania - 4 out of 12
11. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - 4 out of 12
11. Zurich, Switzerland - 4 out of 12
14. Prague, Czech Republic - 3 out of 12
15. Madrid, Spain - 2 out of 12
16. Lisbon, Portugal - 1 out of 12

http://www.rd.com/slideshows/most-honest-cities-lost-wallet-test/

Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
Willy4Willy: Lost your Wallet in any Yoruba town and see if you will ever see it again

Not to mention some other places where whole human beings are "stolen" never to be seen again.

10 Likes

Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by Obere4u: 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
Willy4Willy: Lost your Wallet in any Yoruba town and see if you will ever see it again
Guy! you get any beef with yoruba people? This your case don pass TRIBALISM, RACISM but e don enter YORUBISM...... Na wa u o....

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by SterlingTowers(m): 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2013
Try it in the south eastern part of nigeria, they will not only take the wallet, but will trace down the home of the wallet owner with info in the wallet only to kidnap important members of the family just for ransom.

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by economia: 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
WE DO NO HAVE TO BE SENTIMENTAL; LET US TRY THE EXPERIMENT IN NIGERIAN CITIES AND SEE WHAT WILL BE THE OUTCOME
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by veraponpo(m): 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
Try any of our Eastern States,they will not only steal the wallet but also kidnap the owner of the wallet,Igbo Kwenu. Yoruba land remains the safest-no kidnapping,no Boko haram, no oil theft,Proudly Oodua.

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by economia: 8:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
IF ANY INSTITUTION WILL SPONSOR THIS SOCIAL RESEARCH, I WILL DESIGN THE EXPERIMENT FROM SAMPLE PLAN TO REPORT
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by ammyluv2002(f): 8:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
I guess, Nigeria should be -0/12 especially places like Upper Iweka, Onitsha....Maraba, Nasarawa. .....Oshodi, Lagos and finally Berger jnx....Abuja grin if your wallet lost for these places I jst mention, sing "I see you when we get there" join am grin

3 Likes

Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nigerians will return them.. I trust my pipo angry
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by iykemoney90(m): 8:31pm On Sep 26, 2013
Sterling Towers: Try it in the south eastern part of nigeria, they will not only take the wallet, but will trace down the home of the wallet owner with info in the wallet only to kidnap important members of the family just for ransom.
lol...mend
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by economia: 9:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
sheyie2007: Nigerians will return them.. I trust my pipo angry
TRY IT IN THE CITY YOU LIVE IN
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
lol, you no wan try this for 9ja now...#anycity. ;Dlol, you no wan try this for 9ja now...#anycity.
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by eaglechild: 9:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
Newyork surprised me.
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by Shekson(m): 10:29pm On Sep 26, 2013
Dnt trust dis stats as the true picture of dis cities. Particularly cities like Mumbai and Rio. Mumbai: 9 out of 12
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by economia: 4:51am On Sep 27, 2013
Shekson: Dnt trust dis stats as the true picture of dis cities. Particularly cities like Mumbai and Rio. Mumbai: 9 out of 12

GOOD LET EVERY NAIRALANDER TRY IT IN THE CITY WE LIVE AND BRING BACK THE RESULT
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by Nobody: 5:13am On Sep 27, 2013
Scandinavian countries stay winning.
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by Drhenrysaint(m): 5:18am On Sep 27, 2013
We no d even return ordinary pen. To talk of wallet.
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by Nobody: 5:41am On Sep 27, 2013
economia:
17. Lagos, Nigeria - No wallet has been Returned as at the time of filing this result,though we were promised that some would be returned and we are waiting ...

LASGIDI shocked grin

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by ChiSun27(m): 7:33am On Sep 27, 2013
No African country made d list...how absurd!
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by angelTI(f): 8:23am On Sep 27, 2013
All you people saying it wont be returned if it was Naija are lying. A larger percentage of our populace would return the lost wallet!

We should not allow the FEW bad eggs stain the MANY good ones!

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by LMAyedun(m): 8:31am On Sep 27, 2013
Abia State, Umuahia - 5 out of 12 wallets.
Adamawa State, Yola - 9 out of 12 wallets
Akwa Ibom StateUyo- 7 out of 12 wallets
Anambra State, Awka- 3 out of 12 wallets
Bauchi State, Bauchi - 8 out of 12 wallets
Bayelsa State, Yenagoa - 3 out of 12 wallets
Benue State, Makurdi- 8 out of 12 wallets
Borno State, Maiduguri - 8 out of 12 wallets
Cross River State, Calabar - 6 out of 12 wallets
Delta State, Asaba- 0 out of 12 wallets
Ebonyi StateA, bakaliki- 7 out of 12 wallets
Edo State, Benin City- 2 out of 12 wallets
Ekiti State, Ado-Ekiti- 8 out of 12 wallets
Enugu State, Enugu- 5 out of 12 wallets
Federal Capital TerritoryAbuja- 1 out of 12 wallets
Gombe State, Gombe- 8 out of 12 wallets
Imo State, Owerri- 4 out of 12 wallets
Jigawa State, Dutse- 8 out of 12 wallets
Kaduna State, Kaduna- 7 out of 12 wallets
Kano State, Kano- 9 out of 12 wallets
Katsina State, Katsina - 7 out of 12 wallets
Kebbi State, Birnin Kebbi - 7 out of 12 wallets
Kogi State, Lokoja - 11 out of 12 wallets
Kwara State, Ilorin - 5 out of 12 wallets
Lagos State, Ikeja - 0 out of 12 wallets
Nasarawa State, Lafia - 7 out of 12 wallets
Niger State, Minna - 6 out of 12 wallets
Ogun State, Abeokuta - 3 out of 12 wallets
Ondo State, Akure - 4 out of 12 wallets
Osun State, Oshogbo - 8 out of 12 wallets
Oyo State, Ibadan - 6 out of 12 wallets
Plateau State, Jos
Rivers StatePort, Harcourt - 1 out of 12 wallets
Sokoto State, Sokoto- 7 out of 12 wallets
Taraba State, Jalingo - 8 out of 12 wallets
Yobe State, Damaturu - 7 out of 12 wallets
Zamfara State, Gusau - 6 out of 12 wallets

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by dridowu: 8:40am On Sep 27, 2013
Not in d mood to comment
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by koikoi2(m): 8:57am On Sep 27, 2013
SUMMARY
In Nigeria -7 out of 12. Cos d contact details will b called to drop additional 7 wallets. grin grin
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by OmichaelO: 9:06am On Sep 27, 2013
i once misplaced my wallet while travelling to Ekiti state few years back.

Around January,i was kinda sad and later forgot about it.

3 months after someone called me and said he found my wallet in the park,that he has been trying to reach me and asked me to come pick it up

But i was already in lag,so i told him to help return it to my brother still iN Ekiti AND EVERYTHING IN IT WAS STILL INTACT.

IN SUMMARY

NIGERIANS ARE NOT THAT BAD. WE STILL HAVE HONEST PEOPLE IRRESPECTIVE OF THE TRIBE OR LOCATION.
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 27, 2013
economia:
Lost wallet experiment reveals the world's most honest city
18 hrs ago
Every traveler's worst nightmare is to lose their wallet in a foreign city. But how likely are you to get that lost cash sent back to you? Readers' Digest commissioned a study that involved dropping 12 wallets in prominent places in 16 major cities across the world. Each wallet contained the equivalent of $50 in cash, along with contact details and an assortment of family snapshots. In total, less than half of the wallets were returned, and the study concluded that "age is no predictor of whether a person is going to be honest or dishonest; young and old [and male and female] both kept or returned wallets."
Overall, the most honest city was Helsinki, Finland, where 11 of the 12 wallets were turned in, while the most money-grabby was Lisbon, Portugal, where only one lost wallet was returned (by a vacationing couple from Holland). New York, the only U.S. city on the list, tied with Budapest, Hungary, for third place, with 8 out of 12 wallets being returned. That's sort of good news, but we think we'll just take our chances and tuck our wallets into our stylish fanny packs.

I am sure the guys that stole the wallets in these cities were Nigerians
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by greaterlove(m): 9:33am On Sep 27, 2013
I onced lost my wallet in abuja, to my surprise the good guy who picked it up called me up to tell me he has my wallet with him. When I met him that evening I tried all I could to give him some money but he refused, he even refused me taking him out for a drink. Till date he is my friend. There are still good people in this country.

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by Jakumo(m): 9:34am On Sep 27, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Abia State, Umuahia - 5 out of 12 wallets.
Adamawa State, Yola - 9 out of 12 wallets
Akwa Ibom StateUyo- 7 out of 12 wallets
Anambra State, Awka- 3 out of 12 wallets
Bauchi State, Bauchi - 8 out of 12 wallets
Bayelsa State, Yenagoa - 3 out of 12 wallets
Benue State, Makurdi- 8 out of 12 wallets
Borno State, Maiduguri - 8 out of 12 wallets
Cross River State, Calabar - 6 out of 12 wallets
Delta State, Asaba- 0 out of 12 wallets
Ebonyi StateA, bakaliki- 7 out of 12 wallets
Edo State, Benin City- 2 out of 12 wallets
Ekiti State, Ado-Ekiti- 8 out of 12 wallets
Enugu State, Enugu- 5 out of 12 wallets
Federal Capital TerritoryAbuja- 1 out of 12 wallets
Gombe State, Gombe- 8 out of 12 wallets
Imo State, Owerri- 4 out of 12 wallets
Jigawa State, Dutse- 8 out of 12 wallets
Kaduna State, Kaduna- 7 out of 12 wallets
Kano State, Kano- 9 out of 12 wallets
Katsina State, Katsina - 7 out of 12 wallets
Kebbi State, Birnin Kebbi - 7 out of 12 wallets
Kogi State, Lokoja - 11 out of 12 wallets
Kwara State, Ilorin - 5 out of 12 wallets
Lagos State, Ikeja - 0 out of 12 wallets
Nasarawa State, Lafia - 7 out of 12 wallets
Niger State, Minna - 6 out of 12 wallets
Ogun State, Abeokuta - 3 out of 12 wallets
Ondo State, Akure - 4 out of 12 wallets
Osun State, Oshogbo - 8 out of 12 wallets
Oyo State, Ibadan - 6 out of 12 wallets
Plateau State, Jos
Rivers StatePort, Harcourt - 1 out of 12 wallets
Sokoto State, Sokoto- 7 out of 12 wallets
Taraba State, Jalingo - 8 out of 12 wallets
Yobe State, Damaturu - 7 out of 12 wallets
Zamfara State, Gusau - 6 out of 12 wallets

Ha ha good one. To learn the identity of all the wallet-keepers, each purposely dropped wallet should contain a one-dollar bill, along with a note congratulating the thief on winning a free trip to Las Vegas, and inviting them to collect the plane tickets with spending cash at a location rigged up for video recording.
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by OmichaelO: 9:35am On Sep 27, 2013
Kamanda:

I am sure the guys that stole the wallets in these cities were Nigerians
Are you drunk sir?
Re: The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 27, 2013
I lost my wallet in one of the most popular Hotel in Abuja, I was contacted after the third day and It was given to me but all my money has been vamped !!!

As a Gentle man, I was asked by the Hotel CSO to signed a document that my wallet was lost,found and all the items therein are intact, I did as asked !!!

Nigeria,One Love smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Urhobo Nation Looses A Great Son:General Patrick Aziza Dies At 67 / BUSTED!!! 7 Drug Men Busted On One Flight, Excrete 8.7kg Cocaine In Abuja / Army Is Still Saying The Same Thing: "We Don't Have Buhari's Certificate"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.