Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,568 members, 7,861,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:29 PM

Yam Porridge?? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Yam Porridge?? (1079 Views)

Yam Porridge Aka Asaro Recipe-husband Snatching Recipe / Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Yam Porridge / How To Make Unripe Plantain Porridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yam Porridge?? by Nobody: 4:26am On Sep 27, 2013
Have never beard of it giyz can yhu pls tell me how to prepare it?
Re: Yam Porridge?? by Afam4eva(m): 4:29am On Sep 27, 2013
There are two types of yam porridge that i'm familiar with:

1) The one that's like pepper soup. To prepare this one or how i prepare this one is, i put my yam in the pot with water and just add all the ingredients ie red oil, maggi, crayfish, okporoko(or any kinf of fish) etc.

2) The second one is the one i cook with green leave. You first cook the yam and then prepare your source and then mix it with the yam.
Re: Yam Porridge?? by Egbagirl(f): 5:11am On Sep 27, 2013
I guess there are many ways to do it but the one I'm familiar with is this:

Boil the yam, and when semi-cooked, add your palm oil, blended peppers, spices, crayfish and let it cook. When it's almost done you can add your extras like fish/meat, spinach etc.

Don't add too much water from the beginning if you don't want it too watery.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Peppersoup (vegan/vegetarian) / 19 Foods That Can Cause Cancer / Who Knows These Food?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.