Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC (20282 Views)

Ejigbo In Lagos: A Town Abandoned By The Government. / Ex-Taraba Governor Suntai Suffers Stroke, Abandoned By Govt, Associates / DHQ: Military Captures Arms Caches Abandoned By Fleeing Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by valolisa(m): 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
Mhen I luv Nigeria jor. It gives the youths an insight to the world ahead. Look @ how crime is being perpetrated and throw to the winds for all I care. And u tink the youths are not learning. More crimes ahead dis is jst a section of the episode still more to come. You want a crime free state wen dis country is built on crime. If I hear its now our modus oparandum" d question is how to manage crime cos its bin there from time immemorial.
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by strangest(m): 1:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
SMH... Which way Nigeria?
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by bobfash(m): 1:50pm On Sep 27, 2013
Expository and revealling!!!!!!!
I ll share this. permit me to put this on my blog
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by Segunod(m): 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2013
@OP u didn't mention OGD(former govnor of Ogum), Farouk Lawan and Femi Otedola bribery scandal

1 Like

Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by Segunod(m): 2:01pm On Sep 27, 2013
@OP u didn't mention OGD(former govnor of Ogun), Farouk Lawan and Femi Otedola bribery scandal
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by Nikapetrelli(f): 2:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
Y,una come de give us d hot gist,Na we go investigate am
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by PureNigerian: 2:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
@ abokinside

Its very simple when Gani fawehinmi and falana said they will not take any case against Nuhu Ribadu lead efcc then I told friends that this is what true lovers of Nigeria should do at that point. The corrupt gathered themselves together and fought back, they sold the propaganda that Ribadu was only fighting Obasanjo's enemy and gbam that was it, the whole fight against corruption became trivialised. The young man who had given his all for the love of father land was removed and almost killed and many Nigerians were cheering, I almost argued my life out that andoaka and ibori can never love due process more than Gani and falana but Nigerians fell for the bait that Ribadu was being used to fight obj s wars but I asked the people to show me a single soul that Ribadu's efcc prosecuted that was not corrupt NONE. If the fight had been sustained today perhaps Nigeria would ve been a different country by now atleast no one or group would ve stolen 1 trillion naira in one year all in the name of fuel subsidy. When we are ready to develop we will abandon sentiments and vote in courageous leaders who can actually effect change without minding whose ox is gored until then enjoy FRESH AIR whatever that means!

You have spoken well.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
You guys always calling on God to come and help, but when God answers your prayer by putting some of these rogues to death, you are the same people that will be shedding crocodile tears and wishing these thieves to rip. So make up your mind what the fvck yall want.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by rajiade: 3:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
Is it mere coincidence that the above listed cases involves pdp stakeholders?

Since majority of them are still relevant to the party, then efcc will remain silent.
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
i came here to see a list and not read a long story
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by Danadex(m): 4:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
This country needs serious prayer.We obtained grade A1 in corruption.Datz bad.
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by Wizkytayo: 4:38pm On Sep 27, 2013
WAT of miss foluke etteh,otedola n farouk lawal...@53 lyk 3.celebratin in shame,rejoicn in poverty,xpert in terrorism.we go rust in corruptn,no b curse.AWON ELEYI LUK ON 2 GOD...ONLY GOD CAN SOLVE OUR PROBLEM
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by mekky2012(m): 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
I am speechless. I doubt if there is provision for a common man in Nigeria....
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by Adex097: 4:50pm On Sep 27, 2013
I must become a billionaire too o shocked
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by stexsy(m): 5:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
yuzedo: dey also tried to investigated cheif sweetus. angry but dey send a female agent mistake numba one and my hansome good look + sweet shy richness and my grate humbleness + tall and very very romantick+ 18inches nature make her to forget her mission. is nut my fault is gift from god. wink tenk. cool angry
so even wen ur parent threatened to disown u, u r still smoking dat thing. U get mind die

1 Like

Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by Sapoo: 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2013
Kindly add up this :
Mr Tafa Balogun-N16 billion
Senator Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello-N10 million
Chimaroke Nnamani-N5.3 billion
Chief Onyema Ugochukwu-N10.2 billion
Saminu Turaki-N36 billion
Alao Akala-N11.5 billion
Orji Uzor Kalu-N5 billion
Joshua Dariye-N700million
Jolly Nyame-N1.3billion+N180million+N250 million
Dimeji Bankole and Usman Nafada-N10 billion
Ndudi Elemelu-N5.2billion

Peter Odili-N100 billion
James Ibori-N40 billion
Lucky Igbinedion-$24 million

1 Like

Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by clockwise(m): 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
In naija if oga take sumtin from the office dem go talk say "he/she won go use am" but if the commoners (omose) take am dem go talk say "he/she steal am". so all the embezzed stuff are stolen for a purpose. laughing in spanish.
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by iogbonnaya(m): 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2013
So if to sey my papa na politician,na all dis kind billions for dey his account?....pls God,in my next world,create me to be a Nigerian politician's son..AMEN!
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by promizchild: 6:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
[quote author=baslone]

My first set of concerns arose when I decided to study the law that established the EFCC.

And even though I am not a lawyer or anything, I was shocked to see that it was so badly drafted and it seemed dangerously tilted in the direction where it could be abused. I suggest every well meaning Nigerian takes a closer look at the EFCC Act. It contains provisions that clearly conflict with the Constitution, particularly those provisions that relate to due process.

Also, the Act vested rather sweeping powers on the Commission in the area of law enforcement in general. Also, it was not quite clear how this Commission was going to interact with the office of the Attorney General and Minister of Justice. There seemed clearly to be a very poorly designed agency with no clear mandate or institutional structures in place. But at this initial stage, I was not worried too much. I saw some of these problems as the product of the rush and desperation of Government in search of solutions. Also, I paid rather close attention to the provisions of Section 39 of the EFCC Act, which empowered the Attorney General of the Federation to make rules and regulations for any aspects of the operations of the EFCC. I was of the belief that with such rule-making powers vested in the Attorney General of the Federation, there would be ample opportunity for the Commission to be steered in the right direction and to keep it well situated within the institutional arrangements for law enforcement in the country, of which the office of the Attorney General is the key.

Since its establishment in 2002 and subsequent take off in 2004, the EFCC has taken corruption head-on in its fight against the social menace and has recorded some degree of successes in this respect. For example, Chief Bode George was arraigned by EFCC alongside five other suspects (Aminu Dabo, Olusegun Abidoye, Adullahi Tafida, Zanna Maidaribe, and Sule Aliyu) on a 163-count charge (truncated to a 68-count charge) that bordered on an alleged misappropriation of Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) funds to the tune of N85 billion, and inflation of contract costs contrary to Section 22(3) of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act, 2000. Thief (sorry, Chief) Bode George was however convicted and sentenced to concurrent term of two years imprisonment. For this singular conviction, EFCC has recorded yet another impressive success in its fight against corruption.

The pioneer chairman of the agency (though accused at some point of helping OBJ witch hunt his political enemies) actually took the war against corruption to the doorsteps of perpetrators. He (Ribadu) instituted cases against former governors and public officials. Ribadu prosecuted and secured the conviction of the former Inspector General of Police, Mr Tafa Balogun, who pleaded guilty to eight counts of money laundering charges to the tune of N16 billion in 2005. He was sentenced to six months imprisonment. Same went for Alamieyeseigha for money laundering. He was convicted and released on plea bargain.

After Ribadu’s exit from the EFCC, the zeal to fight corruption went from 100 to zero amid the negatives.

Ever since, the corruption trials have not gone beyond the plea stage, some for as long as six years after first arraignment in court. Many ex-government office holders, who had been accused of corruption, are still walking the land free. Some of them are in the National Assembly making laws for the country.

What do I intend to show with this report? I intend to bring public consciousness to the number of the abandoned cases by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Let’s take a look at some of the top cases that have either been thrown out, a plea bargain reached or literally abandoned by the EFCC:

Senator Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello:

In April 2008, the EFCC began the investigation of Senator Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello for receiving N10 million stolen from the Ministry of Health. The former Minister of Health and the deputy were also on trial for stealing over N30, 000,000 from the Ministry’s unspent funds from the 2007 budget. Although the Minister and his deputy lost their jobs, Senator Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello dramatized her case out of the court and eventually went scot-free. The court has maintained silence on the case. No acquittal, no adjournments.

Chimaroke Nnamani;

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, on 10 August, 2009, sealed off the premises of Cosmo FM Radio Station, Rainbownet Nigeria Limited and other companies believed to be owned by the ex-governor of Enugu State, who later became a Senator of the federal republic. The properties were seized by the EFCC

It high time Nigerian yougth who are sincere patriots gird up their loins and fight this over-corrupt leader who still patronise themselves as best option in d Nation's politics. If all these money be refunded, it enough 2 establish all d unemployed youths in this country.
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by oyiboeru(m): 7:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
1st & foremost, EFCC is just a toothless bulldog that can never bite nor chew ordinary chewing gumg, they are tools in which the gov of the day use in threatening any political office holder who is not ready to cooperate with the presidency be it good or bad I.e (pomoting or fighting corruption) which is not suppose to be.
But I know there will be a day that all forms of corruption in this country will reduce to the barest minimum if not stop totally #God bless Nigeria#
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by timok4chri: 7:57pm On Sep 27, 2013
The list is not only for ex Govt.officials,a friend submitted a petition of fruad and money laudering against the Executive Secretary of NIPC,the investigation has been concluded since 2 years and the fact established that he is a criminal,yet the same man was never prosecuted,he stills holds power as Executive Secretary EFCC is just too slow and corrupt themselves.
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by bighead1(m): 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2013
*Starts singing*

I love my country I no go lie, na inside this shiit I go live and die.

Good lawd, shey na like this we go dey dey
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by Dejiro(m): 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
Sapoo: Kindly add up this :
Mr Tafa Balogun-N16 billion
Senator Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello-N10 million
Chimaroke Nnamani-N5.3 billion
Chief Onyema Ugochukwu-N10.2 billion
Saminu Turaki-N36 billion
Alao Akala-N11.5 billion
Orji Uzor Kalu-N5 billion
Joshua Dariye-N700million
Jolly Nyame-N1.3billion+N180million+N250 million
Dimeji Bankole and Usman Nafada-N10 billion
Ndudi Elemelu-N5.2billion

Peter Odili-N100 billion
James Ibori-N40 billion
Lucky Igbinedion-$24 million

There is a complete list of abandoned EFCC investigation here.
http://www.ohnigeria.com/2012/03/list-of-corrupt-politicians.html
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by mkoabiola: 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
Wen u fight corruption,corruption fights back.
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by bobolic: 9:31pm On Sep 27, 2013
I do not agree that the fight went from 100 to 0 after Ribadu. Kindly remember that Igbinidion, George and Ibru, were jailed under Waziri. The courts are to blame for the frustration that woman faced.

1 Like

Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by afanda(m): 1:43am On Sep 28, 2013
@ OP dont jst study Law, Kindly understand Politiks! No hard feelingz. God bless Naija.
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by ajosegabriel(m): 8:01am On Sep 28, 2013
the issue of fund sIFFUNDÌNG IS not new again jawe..our politicians wid this their stupid act. May God save us. Politicking on my mind. Na all your money i go siffund.the issue of fund sIFFUNDÌNG IS not new again jawe..our politicians wid this their stupid act. May God save us. Politicking on my mind. Na all your money i go siffund.the issue of fund sIFFUNDÌNG IS not new again jawe..our politicians wid this their stupid act. May God save us. Politicking on my mind. Na all your money i go siffund.
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by Visocrate(m): 10:00am On Sep 28, 2013
NIGERIA JAGA JAGA everything scatter scatter God save this country
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by lekanwj(m): 11:00am On Sep 28, 2013
The present political leadership has no will to pursue corrupt people. Cos they themself are extremely corrupt.
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by ifyalways(f): 11:08am On Sep 28, 2013
The ones abandoned by Nairaland's EFFC,ICPC and "local court of mgbekes and alakija's" nko ? cheesy
Choi, comedy.
Like Nairaland, like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by ofala(m): 12:11pm On Sep 28, 2013
@Baslone, God will continue to bless you my brother. I have always posited that the real issue we have in Nigeria is our leadership but we, the followers. I say this because if one third of Nigerians remember to ask these sorts of questions you raised here, our leaders will be afraid to treat us with impunity. What we really lack is polical consciousness. Nobody cares to ask and these criminals in high places are destroying this Nation..Can we push this furrher from here! I will be happy to add my strength. EFFC is one shattered hope!
Re: List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC by ganjah: 2:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
odili am so happy for u... chea na u theif pass.. 100billion.. more theif to ur able.. iyabo has no case to ansa joor only small millions way she lute n here nigerians r complaining.... ones again congrat my able bro... theif but dont b caught... i duff ma hat

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

70 Christians Massacred In Plateau / Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram / Yakubu Dogara Visits Dino Melaye Over The Death Of Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.