Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,143 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! (18263 Views)

INTERVIEW: Abdul Haji Recounts Rescuing Westgate Hostages / Who Is Sheik Imran Abdul Mojeed Eleha? / The Importance Of Ayatul Kursiy And How It Saves A Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Jeezyy(m): 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
Where others see panic, fear, terror....etc, someone just used it to be an international celeb n superhero......now someone asked in the other thread what differentiates millionaires from ordinary men, i think this is a perfect answer .

1 Like

Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by 2baga(m): 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
Waoh.....
Again I say Waoh shocked shocked shocked
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by pappilo(m): 2:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
I am not imperessed. The only reason his story is being blown out of proportion is because he saved white people. At least he had a very good reason to go to the mall; to save his blood brother. The real heroes are the poor policemen and soldiers who, having the least connection (social or financial) to the mostly affluent people in the mall, went in and risked their lives to save others.

If only the other ordinary citizens were allowed to own their own guns too, they would have fought back. Why do only the privileged have access/licence to own guns. I know a guy that is the son of a former SSS deputy director who owns a licensed handgun whilst having never been in the military, police or any other paramilitary force.

2 Likes

Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Livinusc(m): 2:19pm On Sep 27, 2013
God will continue to guide nd protect Mr Hajj nd make other muslin of violence to av a rethink to no dat no religion in dis world dat teaches violence.
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2013
Cashio: Must de world knw he is a muslim?
YES! So idiots accusing Islam of terrorism will know that Islam is peace and true.

Nice one Abdul Hajji cool

3 Likes

Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by IbrahimMav: 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
2baga: Waoh.....
Again I say Waoh shocked shocked shocked

What is Waoh?? undecided

Were you trying to say Woah by any chance?

Moral lessons; Don't try to be what you are not.

2 Likes

Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Kairoseki77: 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2013
pappilo: I am not imperessed. The only reason his story is being blown out of proportion is because he saved white people. At least he had a very good reason to go to the mall; to save his blood brother. The real heroes are the poor policemen and soldiers who, having the least connection (social or financial) to the mostly affluent people in the mall, went in and risked their lives to save others.

If only the other ordinary citizens were allowed to own their own guns too, they would have fought back. Why do only the privileged have access/licence to own guns. I know a guy that is the son of a former SSS deputy director who owns a licensed handgun whilst having never been in the military, police or any other paramilitary force.

He saved over a hundred people... Men, women, children of many different races. Most of them were Kenyan. If the only people he saved was that one white family, this would not be a top story in newspapers around the world.

Thousands of people had family members that were in the mall. Most of them went to the mall and waited outside. This man ran INSIDE THE MALL, with a pistol, to save his brother. That is very rare.

Then he saved dozens of other people and kept going back in to save more. That is heroic!

Police are trained and have bulletproof vests. Their job is to respond to these incidents. So, yes, they are heroes, but their story is not as remarkable as this man's.

Unlike the police, this man just had a pistol and some big b*lls.

I think you are just angry and bitter. Keep hating white people that much and you'll become a terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by amtalkin(f): 2:30pm On Sep 27, 2013
Cashio: Must de world knw he is a muslim?

You think say e dey easy to see person like him among em?
So this Abdul Haji must be celebrated
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by theripper3: 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
Islam preaches peace is the mantra saturating our ear drums yet the news is inundated with heinous crimes of ragtag Mohemmadans. Nice gesture by the way but Islam still preaches war and this lad wont save errbody cuz another sect is assembling as we speak.

1 Like

Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by dont8(m): 2:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
Good one Mr. Hajji, this is not about religious going by this account; this guys (terrorists) are simply misguided individuals.
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Beey(f): 2:36pm On Sep 27, 2013
pappilo: I am not imperessed. The only reason his story is being blown out of proportion is because he saved white people. At least he had a very good reason to go to the mall; to save his blood brother. The real heroes are the poor policemen and soldiers who, having the least connection (social or financial) to the mostly affluent people in the mall, went in and risked their lives to save others.

I beg to differ.He together with the vigilante soldiers went securing floor by floor,saving lives regardless of color or creed.After realizing that his brother was out safe,he did not leave the building but continued with the rescue mission for hours.If his sole motive had been to rescue the brother,then he'ld have left soon as the brother was out of danger.Truth be told,think about the situation where everybody owned a gun.It doesn't even sound right.No fingers of the same hand are the same size & so is life.Some have to be poor,average and rich.We all can't be equal.

2 Likes

Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Urine: 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
kingthreat: I need to be a licensed gun-holder like this brother so I can do the same incase there's a scene where Shekau want to likewise here.

I agree with you. The government can't protect every body. We need proliferation of small arms. Fifteen terrorists will think twice before attacking a mall where fifty occupants are also armed.
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by somal: 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
This guy is not even a police officer, and he put his life in risk; while the entire kenyan army and police were waiting outside doing nothing

Somalis are a brave people
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by BrightCar: 2:44pm On Sep 27, 2013
Beey: Kenya salutes you Abdul Haji. May God's watch over you be endless.May you not die prematurely,but live to declare the works of the Lord.
May God also deilver you from Islam faith, Jesus is Lord, you are welcome.
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Urine: 2:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
[quote author=pappilo]I am not imperessed. The only reason his story is being blown out of proportion is because he saved white people. At least he had a very good reason to go to the mall; to save his blood brother. The real heroes are the poor policemen and soldiers who, having the least connection (social or financial) to the mostly affluent people in the mall, went in and risked their lives to save others.

Your second paragraph makes a lot of sense.
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Urine: 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
Dude is still a brave man though
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Okijajuju1(m): 2:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
ALLAHU AKBAR!!

I know that I have bashed Muslims alot in the past... But I have to say that this terrorist attack has shown me that these people are not killing for Islam. They may be Muslims, but they are not acting for Islam or all Muslims.

Every Man has a reason to kill.. Some use religion, some are just psychos, some for a higher calling, e.t.c.. This guy went into that Mall guns blazing, not because he was a Muslim, but because he had Love of family in his heart..

P.S:: He should be investigated though.. What was he doing owning a Concealable weapon in a country where concealed weapons are illegal?!

The gods are wise...

2 Likes

Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
Kairoseki77: A Muslim Somali man saved many lives.

I am not a Muslim, but this great story shows that bravery and heroism is stronger than religious and ethnic hatred.

This is what happened when religion is secondary to humanity
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by adewasco2k(m): 2:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
We should all get a gun? 100% rise in crime is guarantee
I wish though
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ok, Mr Hajj is cute!! Aswearigad!!!

God bless you Sir! kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Teotihuacan: 2:57pm On Sep 27, 2013
Beey: I beg to differ.He together with the vigilante soldiers went securing floor by floor,saving lives regardless of color or creed.After realizing that his brother was out safe,he did not leave the building but continued with the rescue mission for hours.If his sole motive had been to rescue the brother,then he'ld have left soon as the brother was out of danger.Truth be told,think about the situation where everybody owned a gun.It doesn't even sound right.No fingers of the same hand are the same size & so is life.Some have to be poor,average and rich.We all can't be equal.
You lie, it was after his brother escaped he realized the enormity of the situation hence he made his way out the place.....His motive was very selfish instead he would have stayed till the end.All this na Muslim Propaganda.
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Dollarjunkie: 2:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
Teotihuacan: Good for him but this propaganda won't bring back the dead nor will it launder the image of a religion whose penchance for violence is well known and documented.As i am typing this more muslims are still signinup to join these terrorist groups, I believe alshabab already knows what to
expect, now that they have clearly
defined how a legitimate target is
chosen ! shooting a toddler in the legs
because they are non-moslem is
numbing, yes numbing to the ISLAMIC terrorist
themselves because it closes them out of
'human' humanity and opens the
floodgates of hell like responses that will
not relent until every one of them is
dead! what a way to live? knowing that
even stones and trees have marked you
for death, your heroic but meaningless
posturing notwithstanding! The greater
pain and shame though is reserved for
their apologists. Shame on its Followers.

Am a 100% christian but I think your head needs to be checked! You called this propaganda? *smh* May the Lord have mercy on you. A man that put his life in line to save people forgetting that he even came for his elder brother? Saved so many souls and do have nightmares cause of what he saw there? And you said he's heroic is meaningless? I think you have no heart nor conscience.

@Post, I have even been praying for this guy to survive cuz it seems he's even a professional ans head of their security crew the way his pics littered the whole internet saving lives. Not knowing that he's not even a street security man.
May God continue to bless and guide you Haji. You're truly brave and an international HERO!
I admire you.
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Lilimax(f): 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Kenyan Somali man got a txt message from his brother. The message said: "Stuck in Westgate. I think it’s a terrorist attack. Pray for me.”

He grabbed a gun, and went to the mall to rescue his brother. He got to the mall before most of the police, and saved over a hundred people.

He got into firefights with the terrorists. Saved children. Saw death and destruction.

Teamed up with medical professionals and led them to people that needed help.

The guy is a superhero. Look at him in the pics above. That man does not play o!

Oh, and he eventually found his brother and rescued him. cool

You should really read it!

In my head, I imagine Abdul looked like the pic below after he got the SMS from his brother. Just replace "Boko Haram" with "Al-Shabaab". grin grin grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Teotihuacan: 3:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
Dollarjunkie:

Am a 100% christian but I think your head needs to be checked! You called this propaganda? *smh* May the Lord have mercy on you. A man that put his life in line to save people forgetting that he even came for his elder brother? Saved so many souls and do have nightmares cause of what he saw there? And you said he's heroic is meaningless? I think you have no heart nor conscience.

@Post, I have even been praying for this guy to survive cuz it seems he's even a professional ans head of their security crew the way his pics littered the whole internet saving lives. Not knowing that he's not even a street security man.
May God continue to bless and guide you Haji. You're truly brave and an international HERO!
I admire you.
If people refuse to come to terms to an ideology or creed which can make humans act like animals and butchers at the risk of their own lives too, then excuse me if i see tru this moslem propaganda anthem and don't shout Allahamdullilai.
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 27, 2013
Thank GOD for my christian way of life. We believed in leaving everything 2 God no matter what, but others busy dey fight 4 dem god.
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Akanbiedu(m): 3:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
This thread does not fit stereotype, its going to die soon.
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Lordave: 3:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
Pipsland78: This is why Nigerians must be allowed to carry guns just like they do in the US.
If Nigerians are allowed to carry guns, Boko Haram will not be able to go about killing people with impunity.
are you really ok?
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Orikinla(m): 3:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
Yes.
He was great.
He deserves to be on the cover of TIME.
Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by Beey(f): 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
Teotihuacan: You lie, it was after his brother escaped he realized the enormity of the situation hence he made his way out the place.....His motive was very selfish instead he would have stayed till the end.All this na Muslim Propaganda.
Are you Kenyan?At this rate you seem to have more info than the Kenyans on the ground.What is your source?I know you are not Kenyan because this tragic event has united us instead of dividing us.We are too busy focusing on how to comfort one another, regardless of whichever part of Kenya we are from.We are too busy trying to heal as a nation & therefore we don't have time to waste majoring on minors.We are too occupied to listen to our critics and we are too united to give room to divisive politics. We cannot afford hatred and disparity at this time.I suggest you start sharing in the Kenyan spirit dear one.Celebrate what we celebrate and hate what we hate as the nation of Kenya!

2 Likes

Re: Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! by COOLDUN: 3:31pm On Sep 27, 2013
Garri_Activist: YES! So idiots accusing Islam of terrorism will know that Islam is peace and true.

Nice one Abdul Hajji cool

This news will change nothing because he rescued people that were being attacked by his own people, there were many other religion brave guys who took part in the rescue operation, why is his own special?

This is a way of telling people that muslims also rescued people, why was the attack in the first place? this is to calm the nerves of the Angry Kenyans who are boiling to take revenge on the Somalians in their country because of senseless killings.

He tried in participating in the rescue operation yes, but singling only him out for praises is for a purpose, why not stop these senseless killings in the name of religion than embarking on a rescue mission?

There is no STUPI D person calling islam a religion of terrorism but the moslems themselves, when your terrorists embark on a mission they would single out the people from other religions and kill them, while leaving you muslims to go free, then who are the terrorists then? Because if they are not the same why then are they allowing you guys to go unharmed?

They even recite verses from your quran to justify their actions, even telling people that you people are not the real muslims. You can convince a blind man that there is oil in the soup but not salt ok. muslims are not terrorists , but terrorists are muslims what is the difference?

Until you all and your Imams and well placed muslims openly caution the terrorists, then i personally will believe that islam is the not the origin/breeder of terrorism.

This man tried but it will never change the people's believe about the islamic religion, no matter how you polish a bad product it will never be marketable. islam should prove itself as a religion of peace first and not be sold to people by propaganda like this news.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. / Mentally Challenged Man Recites Hadith, Quotes Quran (video) / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.