Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Ronaldo Pleads For Hug-fan Charges To Be Dropped - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ronaldo Pleads For Hug-fan Charges To Be Dropped (447 Views)

Four Players Who Should Be Dropped By Mourinho / Wenger Pleads For Arsenal Fans To Respect Van Persie Ahead Of Manchester United / Fellaini Pleads For Chelsea Move. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Pleads For Hug-fan Charges To Be Dropped by vizboy(m): 2:10pm On Sep 27, 2013
Cristiano Ronaldo has written a letter to Miami's District Attorney asking for trespass charges to be
dropped against a fan who ran on to the pitch to hug
him. Real Madrid star Ronaldo humoured 20-year-old fan
Ronald Gjoka when he invaded the field of play at the
Sun Life Stadium in Miami during a friendly match with
Chelsea on August 7. The incident resulted in an internet sensation, as the
fan spent quite some time clinging on to his hero, who
happily obliged as security staff panicked around him.
You can watch it below: But the student was arrested and charged with
trespass and disorderly conduct, which could see him
expelled from college and deported back to his native
Albania. He may face "problems with immigrations and his
college if the charges aren't dropped", his attorney
Richard Hujber said. "It is my understanding that he now recognises his
error and the importance of security. I do not want to
see him face criminal penalties for his error." Ronaldo, who recently signed a contract to make him
the world’s highest-paid player, clearly agrees. "I understand your position and the importance of
enforcing rules and law," Ronaldo wrote in a letter to
the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office. "However, I respectfully request that you and your
office reconsider this decision and dismiss the two
criminal charges this young man faces." It does seem a bit harsh for what was a harmless – if
epic – example of super-fandom. And Ronaldo’s act proves yet again that, beneath
the playboy exterior, lies a heart of gold.

Source:www.uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/ronaldo-pleads-hug-fan-charges-dropped-192706939.html

For funny jokes follow us on facebook

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Aston Villa Preview / Talk To Your Wives And Gfs:epl Starts Tomorrow / Man Utd Lacking Width, A Playmaker And A Plan - Danny Murphy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.