Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? (5624 Views)

Brand And Branding Part 3: What Makes A Great Brand? / Are You A Graphic Designer, Are You Into Branding, Logo Design, Photography? / Let's Discuss Branding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by erad(m): 3:38pm On Sep 27, 2013
I checked my cousin's DP on bbm couple of days back and saw a logo there. He said the logo belonged to a friend of his who runs a clothing business. I wanted to if the design was done for him free of charge but I decided against it. I'll come back to that later...

Its sad that many Nigerians don't knw the importance and value of branding to their businesses. Some end up realising only when its almost too late and a lot of damages has been done to their businesses already. You give a potential client your business card and he knows within himself that he's neva calling back, the card is even so unwelcoming and unprofessional that he can't bring himself to look at the phone number under... That's what bad branding does.

If you have to be cheap about anything relating to your business, please don't let it be your brand. You'll live to either bless yourself for it or regret it forever. Your workers will come and go, your supplier will come and go, your location can always change but your brand(identity) is forever. Help yourself to look for an experienced designer that will see into the vision of your company and help you make that brand that'll leave an everlasting impression on your clients' mind.

...Back to my cousin's friend's logo. I made two different revisions on my own of the same logo. They are attached below. The 1st is the initial logo I saw and the other two below it are my revisions. Be the judge, which of the brands will you love to be associated with as a potential client

2 Likes

Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by Mubby4luv(m): 5:03pm On Sep 27, 2013
Yes O! Can u compare a sachet water wit table water?
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by phaat(m): 5:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
i no know
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by bilo1(m): 5:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
Yup
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by Presbulg(m): 5:07pm On Sep 27, 2013
Yeah..think so
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2013
you just branded urs with the gradient background, and YES, you passed the message with urs

btw whats wrong with chrome hanging these days?
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by phil5(m): 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
Very important . The 2cond 1 portraits it better
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by calabaman(m): 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2013
@op: You murdered it...the second one absolutely KILLS it..

Makes the intial one look like kiddy stuff
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
Branding is very vital.
Last Bullet:
I ll pick the 1st design.
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
Dey say u cant judge a book by it's cover but a wil say gud packagin attracts buyers
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by peter1994(m): 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
The 2nd one *shikena
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by rhames(m): 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
Your brand is worth the price you pay. Some brands are worth more than the products they represent.Coca cola is the most popular brand in the world and we all do not to be told that the brand sells itself in any country in the world. Dangote needs no introduction too. Its products are used in every household in Nigeria.
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by ayodot(m): 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
That's very very lovely and professional. so will u do mine for free? grin
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by AbuMikey(m): 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2013
OP,I hail your excellent job!!! cool
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by Davo93(m): 5:32pm On Sep 27, 2013
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 27, 2013
Woo shocked . Pls, which program or software did you to create the Second and third logo? Plsss
The second and third are obviously far better
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by expert1(m): 6:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
LOGO is IMPORTANT. However, don't forget that there is a different between Logo and the Brand.
I observe that you are a graphic designer but you made some mistakes in the logo you created and the mistake is the tone color you used as background.
Lastly, could you please explain the concept behind your logo?

2 Likes

Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by erad(m): 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2013
expert1: LOGO is IMPORTANT. However, don't forget that there is a different between Logo and the Brand.
I observe that you are a graphic designer but you made some mistakes in the logo you created and the mistake is the tone color you used as background.

I didn't use any tone in the background. That's my logo as gray scale over the logo. Logo is the most important aspect of any brand, that's wat every other thing (business cards, posters, brochures, letterheads, etc) is built around. If you notice, the article is summarised... People get bored when there's too many text to read. About the concept behind the logo, that's irrelevant for now.

Maybe some other time when something related to that comes up, thanx.
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by spicyv1(f): 6:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
expert1: LOGO is IMPORTANT. However, don't forget that there is a different between Logo and the Brand.

You really cannot seperate your logo from your brand because your logo plays an integral aspect of portraying your brand! Your logo communicates your brand.

Also, I thought his design on the logo was so terrific, it even explains the nature of the business. The bow design clearly reveals its an apparel business. The first logo is not only weird but also confusing and the design hurts the eye! It basically screams amateur!

1 Like

Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by Clemzy16(m): 6:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
OP, you're very creative. Just downloaded your logo to use as my dp. *winks*
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by hustla(m): 6:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
2nd one
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by ayobase(m): 6:52pm On Sep 27, 2013
The second has it.
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by mhozzis(m): 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2013
The 2nd one you made is the best to me. Can you make one for the company on my signature.
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by supersun1(m): 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
The sad thing is that most Nigerians don't appreciate creative and appealing branding, I have found myself in situations where a customer feels I'm being pricy for a design saying "no be odinari lowgow?".
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2013
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by talk2D: 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
Nice designs BUT to be sincere, they are not good enough to communicate a brand's story.
Branding is not all about your logo or designs but a message.

Those revisions might not work; just imagine the logo on a t-shirt.
The maker of the first logo has a clue but the quality has lost its way.

I do help ppl with this.
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by kcjazz(m): 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
erad:

I didn't use any tone in the background. That's my logo as gray scale over the logo. Logo is the most important aspect of any brand, that's wat every other thing (business cards, posters, brochures, letterheads, etc) is built around. If you notice, the article is summarised... People get bored when there's too many text to read. About the concept behind the logo, that's irrelevant for now.

Maybe some other time when something related to that comes up, thanx.

I understand you want to sell your graphic design skills but LOGO is not the most important part of a brand. For all I care Coca Cola the most popular brand in the world has changed its logo so many times. Your brand is your story. Have this beautiful logo and sew terrible shirts, customers won't come back for the logo they will come back for how good your shirt makes them feel.

Does 419 have a logo? Why is it attached to Nigeria?
What is gala's logo or even close up?

2 Likes

Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
3rd logo reminds me of Sony VIO
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by kflexxy(m): 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
Dats nigeria 4 u
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by erad(m): 10:23pm On Sep 27, 2013
kcjazz:

I understand you want to sell your graphic design skills but LOGO is not the most important part of a brand. For all I care Coca Cola the most popular brand in the world has changed its logo so many times. Your brand is your story. Have this beautiful logo and sew terrible shirts, customers won't come back for the logo they will come back for how good your shirt makes them feel.

Does 419 have a logo? Why is it attached to Nigeria?
What is gala's logo or even close up?

Coca cola has modified its logo many times. the only time they totally changed it was in 1890 and it was reversed to the previous logo with slight modifications within a year. That should tell you that even them understand the importance of a unique logo. I don't want to start an argument, google is there for more enlightenment.
Re: Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? by YoshiMaster: 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
erad: I checked my cousin's DP on bbm couple of days back and saw a logo there. He said the logo belonged to a friend of his who runs a clothing business. I wanted to if the design was done for him free of charge but I decided against it. I'll come back to that later...

Its sad that many Nigerians don't knw the importance and value of branding to their businesses. Some end up realising only when its almost too late and a lot of damages has been done to their businesses already. You give a potential client your business card and he knows within himself that he's neva calling back, the card is even so unwelcoming and unprofessional that he can't bring himself to look at the phone number under... That's what bad branding does.

If you have to be cheap about anything relating to your business, please don't let it be your brand. You'll live to either bless yourself for it or regret it forever. Your workers will come and go, your supplier will come and go, your location can always change but your brand(identity) is forever. Help yourself to look for an experienced designer that will see into the vision of your company and help you make that brand that'll leave an everlasting impression on your clients' mind.

...Back to my cousin's friend's logo. I made two different revisions on my own of the same logo. They are attached below. The 1st is the initial logo I saw and the other two below it are my revisions. Be the judge, which of the brands will you love to be associated with as a potential client

Dude are you using CS6 for your graphic design? If not, what software are you using?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) / Topics You Think Should Be On The Frontpage / Anglican Church Of Nigeria Logo And Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.