Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,783 members, 7,824,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Ban Importation Of New Cars To Develop Automobile Sector– PAN Tells FG - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ban Importation Of New Cars To Develop Automobile Sector– PAN Tells FG (433 Views)

Abuja Residents Auction Exotic Cars To Raise Cash / Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather / I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ban Importation Of New Cars To Develop Automobile Sector– PAN Tells FG by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2013
The Management of Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN) limited has called on the Federal Government to ban importation of new cars into the country, if it is serious to develop the automobile sector.

Speaking on behalf of the management, the new Managing Director, Mr Ibrahim Boyi who spoke at a news conference in Kaduna said the fortune of the company has dwindled over the years, because importing new cars into the country is far cheaper than assembling them locally.

Mr Boyi allayed fears that if the federal government does not stop further importation of new cars into the country and patronize local manufacturers, PAN and other local automobile companies in the country will continue to suffer financial setbacks.

While lamenting that government has not protected indigenous automobile companies through formulation of favourable industrial policies and patronage, Boyi emphasized that PAN has the capacity to produce cheap and affordable cars for Nigerians at all levels.

The MD stressed that the management has concluded plans to bring back its former partner, Peugeot France in order to restart assembling of Peugeot brands in the country.

PAN was recently taken over by the Asset Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON) due to its poor financial status and high debt profile.

Source: http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/09/26/ban-importation-of-new-cars-to-develop-automobile-sector-pan-tells-fg/
Re: Ban Importation Of New Cars To Develop Automobile Sector– PAN Tells FG by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
If Mercedes and Land Rover can build their factories here, then I will not have to import my trucks, but if not, I will damn bring in my toys.

(1) (Reply)

Your Life Is Your Creation / Are You An Entrepreneeur? / Business And Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.