Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme (5260 Views)

FG To Empower 1,000 Youths In ICT / FADAMA Promotes Agriculture In Malkohi IDP Camp Yola (photos) / FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by PaulJohn1: 6:52pm On Sep 27, 2013

Published on September 27, 2013 by

The Ondo State Government said on Friday that it had  employed 8,000 youths under the Fadama III programme to boost agriculture in the state.

The Ondo State Commissioner for Agriculture, Mr Lasisi  Oluboyo, said this at the inauguration of  a Fadama youth village at Supare, Akoko South West Local Government Area.
Oluboyo said the move was part of the efforts of the government to address unemployment in the state and encourage young people to take to large-scale farming.

“Job creation for our teeming unemployed youths through the Fadama youth empowerment scheme is the most potent means by which unemployment can be reduced among our youths.
“The state government vigorously adhered to the financial obligation which has contributed to the huge success of the project.

“The role of Fadama in the Agricultural Transformation Agenda (ATA) is very important as the state government has committed enormous resources into achieving maximum output in rice and cocoa production.
“Fadama farmers will be assisted in a great way to meet the agricultural targets of the state government,” Oluboyo said.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/09/27/ondo-employs-8000-youths-in-fadama-programme/

1 Like

Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
SW again? angry
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by sEyi6: 9:37pm On Sep 27, 2013
^^
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by taharqa: 10:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
Good...
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by tomakint: 2:27am On Sep 28, 2013
Iroko is working, more power to your elbow Sir!
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by MillionDollars: 11:17am On Sep 28, 2013
At the END or in 10yrs TIME, d govt will turn TINZ around!
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by Realdeals(m): 11:31am On Sep 28, 2013
One of the major problem of agriculture is not production but marketing and value addition, that is why farmers and other agric stakeholders need to join the agriculture community on www. and interact with other farmers and agriculture professionals in the agric value chain. You can also download useful books on agric production by becoming a member

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by Bababo(m): 11:46am On Sep 28, 2013
Who told some myopians that the fucking,useless,senseless and aimless iroko is working?go you to ondo state and see how battered,tattered and headless the state is,ondo state government is heading for the rock,because the visionless iroko as governor is leading the state no way,he isn't working neither is he right thinking to turn the state for the best,his tenure does no good to ondo state but arrest development,this has obviously made ondo the poorest economic and development wise among the six southwestern state,certainly,the mighty wrath of God ll fall upon him soon,because,ondo is no where to proudly talk about in the southwestern region.

8 Likes

Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 28, 2013
I wonder how much they are getting paid for the jobs.
It's not likely to be very substantial considering the sheer number of employees involved.
All the same good development.
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by saved: 12:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
Supare Akoko, the said fadama III village is the home town of the deputy governor of the state. Alhaji Ali Olanusi a.k.a Jasper himself knows that the so called Employment was a big lie &a political joke. How many cocoa seedlings, gallons of agro-chemicals, knapsack pumps & other accessories have they made available to the so called 8,000 youth farmers? From Ogongon to Okere down to Ilisa, no youth has been employed in the imaginary Fadama III farm. Ondo state government should stop decieving Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by jethro2: 1:21pm On Sep 28, 2013
Hmnnnnn
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by jethro2: 1:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
If truly this Governors are working and not just media and paper work in the South West, where are the participants/beneficiary to testify and why is it that the no of unemployed youth keep increasing. Just thinking aloud
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by Godspikin: 1:57pm On Sep 28, 2013
[quote author=Paul John][/quote]

Jaypee omo iya ila... Iroko don dey pay you to,dey post lies.
No be d same Ondo State I dey live.
The guy is busy following clueless Gej politicks about, cos he too is clueless.
Ondo state is next after Lagos in terms of revenue, but we all know where we are in terms of development.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by Godspikin: 1:59pm On Sep 28, 2013
Jaypee omo iya ila... Iroko don dey pay you to,dey post lies. No be d same Ondo State I dey live. The guy is busy following clueless Gej politicks about, cos he too is clueless. Ondo state is next after Lagos in terms of revenue, but we all know where we are in terms of development.[quote author=Paul John][/quote]
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by Brimmie(m): 2:30pm On Sep 28, 2013
MIMIKO IS A THIEF!!

He Shld Tell Us What He Has Been Doin Wt Dat Huge Allocation! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by nelie(m): 2:57pm On Sep 28, 2013
Bababo: Who told some myopians that the fucking,useless,senseless and aimless iroko is working?go you to ondo state and see how battered,tattered and headless the state is,ondo state government is heading for the rock,because the visionless iroko as governor is leading the state no way,he isn't working neither is he right thinking to turn the state for the best,his tenure does no good to ondo state but arrest development,this has obviously made ondo the poorest economic and development wise among the six southwestern state,certainly,the mighty wrath of God ll fall upon him soon,because,ondo is no where to proudly talk about in the southwestern region.

Ur post is so much on points bro. Some idiots are just here propagating false news.......if u'v ever been to Ondo state of late, then would see how the much educated Ondo youths are languishing in poverty? Who told u they employed 8,000 youths? Where? How? When? Some people would just wake up one day & start writting nonsense....

I can tell u very categorically that this is a white lie.....Iroko has never publicly recruited anyone since his govt inception. There's nothing like 8,000 youths recruited through fadama. It is a lie. It is very sad that youths r suffering in ondo state which is suppose to be the richest state in SW after Lagos.

Don't be deceived. There's nothing like that goin on here. Nemesis would soon catch up wt these govt if care is not. I learnt the state is very broke right now, learnt they'v squandered d state funds at d just concluded supreme court ruling {Election}. The worst might happen here if care is not taken

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 28, 2013
Some dont think b4 they talk.is it because he retrench ur parents who are ghostworkers 2 shun corruption in d state.ondo has dne the best in health sector in the whole nigeria. Go to towns c the huge market he haz built c our brothers and sis has free transport to go 2 skul. The mega skuls the big and huge mother and child hospital he built...now he employd 8000 youth the u acuse him hez lien.did any of u apply for the fadama program and was nt employed? Dumbasses pls dnt disgrace my governor.check the standard of living of an average ondo person compare 2 all other states. He spends and he works.hez amng the governors that pays the highest salary 2 hez workers and u pple are here sayin gibberish
see the state the beauty which will draw investors .do u pple even knw abt state devolpment program no i dont think so. Pple initially claim he dint employ workers into the education sector do u xpect him 2 employ workers in a corrupted sector he needs to 4rst flush out the bad eggs first which he as just done. I knw i cant covince all of u.but pls let us say the truth smetimes is necessary.iroko jor gbasi gbe
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by abbey2kool: 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
tomakint: Iroko is working, more power to your elbow Sir!
do you live in Ondo state?

1 Like

Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by smakati(m): 3:47pm On Sep 28, 2013
I sincerely doubt this news, I want to believe the number employed was exaggerated, poverty and unemployment pervades d land in ondo, d youths re either okada riders/cab drivers, mimiko has lost the momentum he started with. Am not been biased, but as a corper serving in akure, I can't keep quiet when I see people peddling cheap propaganda, ondo is just peaceful and less stressful but dere economy is zero.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by koncord83: 4:09pm On Sep 28, 2013
God we surely judge dis man called iroko if truly dis is how d state was wen he served adefarati and agagu, d state has turn to one man property no proper advise, cno member of his commissioner can single handedly award contract witout him, poverty as diffused into every house hold deu to bad government, my prayer for u is dat contineu wat u ar doing 8 year we soon over wen every thing we be like yesterday
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by Kaydem(m): 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2013
ojingbe: Some dont think b4 they talk.is it because he retrench ur parents who are ghostworkers 2 shun corruption in d state.ondo has dne the best in health sector in the whole nigeria. Go to towns c the huge market he haz built c our brothers and sis has free transport to go 2 skul. The mega skuls the big and huge mother and child hospital he built...now he employd 8000 youth the u acuse him hez lien.did any of u apply for the fadama program and was nt employed? Dumbasses pls dnt disgrace my governor.check the standard of living of an average ondo person compare 2 all other states. He spends and he works.hez amng the governors that pays the highest salary 2 hez workers and u pple are here sayin gibberish
see the state the beauty which will draw investors .do u pple even knw abt state devolpment program no i dont think so. Pple initially claim he dint employ workers into the education sector do u xpect him 2 employ workers in a corrupted sector he needs to 4rst flush out the bad eggs first which he as just done. I knw i cant covince all of u.but pls let us say the truth smetimes is necessary.iroko jor gbasi gbe
....without being bias or politically-oriented with my comment i'm pretty sure u were paid to spew this beautiful nonsense...why must u allow the crumbs u are getting from their ill-gotten money clouds ur reasoning...even the unborn could testify to the level of highhandedness in Ondo State...THE SUN would SHINE again in the SUNSHINE STATE!...is all about time!

1 Like

Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by seegobe(m): 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
my close friend in ondo..italuowo precisely...the guy spent all he has to contest for councellor....but this same governor cancelled their election and put their own people there as supervising councellor.......God will JUDDE THEM ....
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by mencer(m): 7:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
Lies lies lies Why do politicians publish lies in Nigeria in this manner and the media too is being used as their instruments of misinformation. The other time they said the proposed refinery will employ 8000 engineers this is another lie being spread by the media. it's impossible for any single refinery to employ such numbers of engineers directly. Now it's 8000 again! employed thru fadama these type of lies are what they are presenting to the whole world even to the UN etc and they come out with fictitious economic indices. God save our nation.
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by raytony: 7:33pm On Sep 28, 2013
Before this administration came on board, I dey swallow 3 square meal daily, but now, na one and half things.
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by willibounce: 7:43pm On Sep 28, 2013
It's not by employing 8,000 graduates, it's by paying them reasonable stipend and as at when due. All these crazy politicians deceiving naija ppl, na die una go die soon. We are tired to hear of pensioners crying for unpaid pension.
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by kabiesy: 8:55pm On Sep 28, 2013
If truly this Governors are working and not just media and paper work in the South West, where are the participants/beneficiary to testify and why is it that the no of unemployed youth keep increasing. Just thinking aloud

Thank you Very much.
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by Dosoq(f): 10:33pm On Sep 28, 2013
I was abt 2 ask 4 d mode dat was used in d declaratn of d FADAMA vacancy cos i neva heard of it despite d fact dat i'm from ondo state even if i dnt reside in d state.....Stop deceiving us, Ondos' r not fools,God dey sha
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 29, 2013
All lies ... Useless governor. Though he started on a bright note, but now Ondo is 2 steps forward(his first term in office) and 99 steps backward.
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by wealthkehinde(m): 12:52pm On Sep 29, 2013
This is a plus and another laudable achievement to ondo state governor, Dr Olusegun mimko. We appreciate him for identifying the problem and giving appropriate solution to it. We members of NAUG request him to do more and advise other state government to emulate this as this will minimize unemployment to bearable condition.
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by saintadeola: 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2013
See lie ooo,we wey dey live dere know all.this is a joke where did he employ 8000,poverty is flowing in ondo state nw,d governor,he spent every single money he met lavishly with his kangaroos and white elephant project instead of making d state more industrialised.no be him fault sha,our pple ar ignorant,d yeye beautification he is doin.buildin bus stops for mad pple to sleep,doing fountains in alagbaka not even working again,street lites dat is working wit generators fuelling. It day and nite.no single good road in akure,in d capital,many places is full of port holes.so stop lying to pple
Re: Ondo Employs 8,000 Youths In Fadama Programme by baydok: 1:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
The Third National Fadama Development Project aka Fadama III Project is a World Bank assisted project. It does not employ youth in to the civil service.
As a matter of fact, the idea of Fadama Youth Empowerment Scheme was muted on 15th April 2012 by the State Government when the scheme was launched by Mr. Governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko as a way of reducing joblessness among Youths in Ondo State. The Scheme is dovetailing into the State’s agenda on Agriculture and food security, No-to-poverty, and Rural development being three agenda out of the 12-point Agenda as encapsulated in the acronym ‘A CARING HEART’. There and then the Project was mandated to create jobs for the teeming unemployed youths in the State.
The Fadama Youth Empowerment Scheme is being executed through the establishment of Fadama Youth Villages. Over 5,000 youths are now been engaged on productive agricultural ventures in processing of farm produce, egg production, honey production, pig rearing, fish production, snailry, nursery, crop production, broiler production etc.
Over 2,000 are also been empowered outside the youth villages. Youth groups across the 180 Fadama Communities of the State have their projects being executed. Youth groups like Begro feed mill, Flourish fishery, Agbelagba poultry all in Akure South LGA are doing very well. In Akure North LGA we have Arokobodunde Crop, Ifeoluwa poultry, Alagbaka fishery, Excellence piggery and many more are doing great. In Akoko North East LGA, Youth groups like Aringiya fishery, Omi-atan piggery, Okonla poultry, Arokoyo fishery are also productively engaged outside the youth villages
The objectives of the scheme are basically meant to take youths out of joblessness and making them examples to others. Thus, in a strict sense these youths are now engaged economically.
Equipping them as future farmers is another key principle. The Project has built capacity of the Youths through capacity building and advisory services training in modern agricultural practices. As a result of this some of these youths are already consultants in the areas of their economic interest.
Some of the youth villages are now learning centers, as visitors throng in to learn one or two thing at the Villages. Legiri Youth Village in Ondo West LGA, Imole Ayo Youth Village, Supare Akoko, Akoko South West LGA, IleOluji Youth Village, Ileoluji/Okeigbo LGA are good examples.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army / Throw Back Pictures: Dele Giwa And His Death / Revealed!!! The True Reason Why PMB Cancelled His Trip To Lagos!!! See Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.