Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

A Question For Pagan9ja and Fellow Traditionalists out there. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Question For Pagan9ja and Fellow Traditionalists out there. (747 Views)

Pagan9ja What Is Your Opinion Of These Sahelian songs / Answer To Pagan9ja Comment. / Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For Pagan9ja and Fellow Traditionalists out there. by druid06(m): 7:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
I know this slightly out of context but since you're a traditionalist and an educated one at that. I want to have your take on witches and wizards, ogbanje and people afflicted with water spirit (Olookun). Does such entities exist? Are they gods? How do they operate? Does Olookun truly bless those that worship her with fortune?

Thanks.
Re: A Question For Pagan9ja and Fellow Traditionalists out there. by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
witches and wizards, you mean like Harry potter? No they don't exist. Unless you are talking about our traditional priests. they are not witches and wizards.

Ogbanje, in the spiritual context is the plausibility of being affected by a malevolent spirit/bad winds that cause a series of misfortune in life, owing to a unfinished/bad cause, such as the premature death of a baby, due to childbirth/disease,etc.

The sould of the child did not get a chance to test itself to its attached material manifestation (the childs body that died), so it is said to become malevolent and reactive. In the past (maybe even now), they mutilate the dead body of the child, so that the spirit is completely dissociated from its material parallel (the body). Its not about the extent of mutilitation, in as much as it is with the symbolism, conviction and the context which is what satisfies the ritual purpose.

I don't know much about Olookun affliction. Olokun is the deity of water and fluid bodies.

Yes the exist. depending on the potency and power, they are Gods/spirits. They operate on the whims of the forces of nature. We Hausa call them winds. Like WInds (from small breezes to powerful gusts of wind, to cyclones and storms). It all depends on the force.

Yes if you truly mean it. But you have to sacrifice something. (doesnt necessairly have to be an animal). Maybe even alcohol or fruits or vegetables. The important point is you have to supplicate your prayers with ritual and mean it and also provide your own driving force (effort) towards it. If you can do all of this, then Olokun will answer you. Take part in the Oyo masquerde also. I dont know if that works too. grin
Re: A Question For Pagan9ja and Fellow Traditionalists out there. by druid06(m): 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
witches and wizards, you mean like Harry potter? No they don't exist. Unless you are talking about our traditional priests. they are not witches and wizards.

Ogbanje, in the spiritual context is the plausibility of being affected by a malevolent spirit/bad winds that cause a series of misfortune in life, owing to a unfinished/bad cause, such as the premature death of a baby, due to childbirth/disease,etc.

The sould of the child did not get a chance to test itself to its attached material manifestation (the childs body that died), so it is said to become malevolent and reactive. In the past (maybe even now), they mutilate the dead body of the child, so that the spirit is completely dissociated from its material parallel (the body). Its not about the extent of mutilitation, in as much as it is with the symbolism, conviction and the context which is what satisfies the ritual purpose.

I don't know much about Olookun affliction. Olokun is the deity of water and fluid bodies.

Yes the exist. depending on the potency and power, they are Gods/spirits. They operate on the whims of the forces of nature. We Hausa call them winds. Like WInds (from small breezes to powerful gusts of wind, to cyclones and storms). It all depends on the force.

Yes if you truly mean it. But you have to sacrifice something. (doesnt necessairly have to be an animal). Maybe even alcohol or fruits or vegetables. The important point is you have to supplicate your prayers with ritual and mean it and also provide your own driving force (effort) towards it. If you can do all of this, then Olokun will answer you. Take part in the Oyo masquerde also. I dont know if that works too. grin

What I meant by Witches and Wizards in is the African context not the Harry Porter children story being proported by the westerners.

It's in our African belief system that Witches and Wizards possess human (most likely passed on from parent to offspring). They're demons in human flesh whose sole purpose is to cause harm and destruction to fellow human. There are reported theories as to their method of operation to cause destructions to unsuspecting individuals. I just wanted to know your views in regards to that idealogy.
Re: A Question For Pagan9ja and Fellow Traditionalists out there. by druid06(m): 7:42pm On Sep 27, 2013
Also, you might not have known this but I'm actually a traditionalist too. I was actually recently shying away from my pagans views but it seems of recents those views has been cemented.

Any other traditionalist in the house who could further expatiate the mysticism called Witchcraftry is welcomed to share his or her knowledge.
Re: A Question For Pagan9ja and Fellow Traditionalists out there. by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:44pm On Sep 27, 2013
druid06:

What I meant by Witches and Wizards in is the African context not the Harry Porter children story being proported by the westerners.

It's in our African belief system that Witches and Wizards possess human (most likely passed on from parent to offspring). They're demons in human flesh whose sole purpose is to cause harm and destruction to fellow human. There are reported theories as to their method of operation to cause destructions to unsuspecting individuals. I just wanted to know your views in regards to that idealogy.

No It doesn't exist. it is usually carried out for personal vengeance, to steal lands/property, or by the church to wage war against traditionalists.

What can be said though is possesions whereby a bad aura surrounds an individual due to spirit possesion or bad spirit/troubled soul. Many ethnic groups around the world perform exorcisms in such cases. They are very scary if you've been to one. Im getting chills while typing this right now.
Re: A Question For Pagan9ja and Fellow Traditionalists out there. by druid06(m): 7:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

No It doesn't exist. it is usually carried out for personal vengeance, to steal lands/property, or by the church to wage war against traditionalists.

What can be said though is possesions whereby a bad aura surrounds an individual due to spirit possesion or bad spirit/troubled soul. Many ethnic groups around the world perform exorcisms in such cases. They are very scary if you've been to one. Im getting chills while typing this right now.

Hehe... Ok.

I have actually accidentally stumbled upon threads on this Forum created by some who claim to be witches and wizards and it has further strenghtened my believe that they actually do exist but I have come to understand from experiences gathered by some friends who are pagans too that there are white witches and the evil ones. A friend of mine explained in great details about their mode of operation and how one can protect himself from their destruction. He also said something white witches being very few. I just want to have more information on this.
Re: A Question For Pagan9ja and Fellow Traditionalists out there. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 27, 2013
grin grin odiegwu
Re: A Question For Pagan9ja and Fellow Traditionalists out there. by druid06(m): 7:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
Joavid: grin grin odiegwu

Can I help you?
Re: A Question For Pagan9ja and Fellow Traditionalists out there. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2013
druid06:

Can I help you?

oh my, No

smiley
Re: A Question For Pagan9ja and Fellow Traditionalists out there. by Chiidi(m): 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
Nna mehn, lekwanu idowu dibia...

I am covered with the Blood of Jesus in this nairaland sha.

But bros, una welldone oh... I just wan let una know say;

Jesus loves you.
Re: A Question For Pagan9ja and Fellow Traditionalists out there. by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
Chiidi: Nna mehn, lekwanu idowu dibia...

Jesus loves you.

human ritual tinzzz..
Re: A Question For Pagan9ja and Fellow Traditionalists out there. by druid06(m): 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
Chiidi: Nna mehn, lekwanu idowu dibia...

Jesus loves you.

Guy, na by force to comment, why you nor waka pass.
Re: A Question For Pagan9ja and Fellow Traditionalists out there. by texanomaly(f): 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
druid06: Also, you might not have known this but I'm actually a traditionalist too. I was actually recently shying away from my pagans views but it seems of recents those views has been cemented.

Any other traditionalist in the house who could further expatiate the mysticism called Witchcraftry is welcomed to share his or her knowledge.
So I didn't know this about you. Interesting...
What exactly is a traditionalist?
Re: A Question For Pagan9ja and Fellow Traditionalists out there. by onila(f): 2:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
grin

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows French Better Than I? / Inside Nigeria’s Marijuana Business / MAMA2015: Awon Nkan Ti Mi Fe Ja Yin Si

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.