Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours (19503 Views)

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by Joagbaje(m): 7:44pm On Sep 27, 2013
Lets start with some of the heroes past. You can add your story

QUAKER OATS COMPANY
Does the name Henry P Crowell sound familiar to you? How about the company he founded-Quaker Oats? While yet a young man, Crowell heard a sermon by Dwight L. Moody. He made a remarkable commitment to the Lord. He said ‘ I can’t be a preacher, but I can be a good businessman.’ He prayed ‘if you would let me make money, I will use it in your service.’ He bought a little run-down mill called Quaker Mill. Not only did he faithfully tithe but it is reported that he gave far beyond the tithe and funded the Lord’s work for over forty years.

COLGATE PALMOLIVE COMPANY
Who hasn’t heard of the Colgate Palmolive Company? Do you know that a tither found it? William Colgate left home when he was just a teenager. He felt that his father was too poor to keep him. With his only belongings tied in a bundle, he met an old canal boat captain. He confided to the captain that he was leaving home to lessen the financial burden on his parents. He explained to the old man that the only trade he knew was soap and candle making. The old captain knelt and prayed for the lad and then looked him in the eyes and said, someone will soon be the leading soap maker in New York. It can be you. Be a good man, give your heart to Christ, pay the Lord all that belongs to Him, make an honest soap, give a full pound and I’m certain you’ll be a prosperous and rich man. Those words apparently made a strong impression on him.
He tithed from the first dollar he made as an employee. Soon he was made partner of the company he worked for and ultimately became the owner of the business. He, like Henry Crowell gave far beyond the tithe. It is reported that his giving grew from 20% to 30% to 40% to 50% and finally he was giving all his income. He gave millions to the Lord’s work. Think about that.

JOHN D. ROCKEFELLER Sr
Some of today’s well known wealthy families initially gave their wealth when the patriarchs of the family committed to tithing. Take the Rockefellers as an example. Listen to John D Rockefeller Sr’s own words.
Yes, I tithe, and I would like to tell you how it all came about. I had to begin work as a small boy to help support my mother. My first wages amounted to $1.50 per week. The first week after I went to work, I took the $1.50 home to my mother and she held the money in her lap and explained to me that she would be happy if I would give a tenth of it to the Lord. I did, and from that week until this day I have tithed on every dollar God has entrusted to me. And I want to say, if I had not tithed on the first dollar I made, I would not have tithed on the first million dollars I made. Today’s the heirs of many of this great industrialist may have wondered far from the principles that created such enormous wealth and influence. Many of their companies are now publicly held and the stock holders don’t have a clue that they are still reaping the harvest of the righteous acts of their founders. To sustain such success and blessing, there need to be a rediscovering of the principle of putting God first and building a business as a way of seeking the kingdom of God.

R.G leTourneau (INVENTOR OF CATERPILLER MACHINES)
My father was actually impressed by R.G leTourneau. R.G leTourneau was the creator and manufacturer of giant earth moving machinery. As my dad will receive the offerings at the church he pastured, he was fond of referring to R.G leTourneau as a man who could not out give God. Before the end of his illustrious career, this manufacturer will reverse the percentages and give God 90% and retain 10% for himself.
I remember that my parents receive regular publications from the charitable foundation R.G leTourneau started and funded with 90% of the stock of his corporation. Each month the publication will show pictures of the monster machines, some weighing as much as 200,000 pounds and each newsletter incorporated tithing because R.G leTourneau contributed his great success to it. Before his death in 1969, he had contributed millions and millions of dollars to the work of God worldwide.

OTHER NOTABLE TITHERS
We could go on and on and list names like J.L. Kraft Cheese Company, Wallace Johnson, the founder of holiday inns, or the founder of welchs grape juice. Each of these Godly businessmen was committed to tithing and I firmly believe that was the key to their outstanding success and legacy.
When the issue of tithing as applied to the small business is raised, many opinions abound. Often the small business operator is left in a dilemma. Should he or she tithe on gross revenues, net profit, salary taken or taxable gain?

Kenneth hagin once shared a testimony of the depression how a christian farmer went to his pastor because his coton farm refuse to bud even though it was ripe , they needed to harvest it before the rain that was coming.If it rains .the whole farm would be destroyed . it was like that allover the town but the pastor asked him " do you pay your tithe ? the man said yes, The pastor asked him for the tithe card, those days they use cards in churches and the pastor signs in when they pay. So the pastor went with him into the middle of the cotton farm he raised the tithe card up and said "lord you promise to rebuke the devourer, this card is the evidence that this man is a tither.the pastor was not done speaking when they began to hear cracking noise all over the farm! the whole farm turned white! . the cooton budded. other farms were destroyed by the rain.

4 Likes

Re: Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by tobechi74: 11:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
Joagbe, write ur name and tell us ur tithe miracle
Re: Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by Joagbaje(m): 5:24am On Oct 09, 2013
I have many, have you heard of paying tithes in advance? I've heard of people paying tithes in advance as a demonstration of faith for a contract they desire or for a promotion . But before this revelation became popular, I had an experience in the 90s while I was serving as a Corper. I went on follow up and visitation of a soul who visited our church. I was in need of money. I did some trekking,. But after the visitation. The elder brother who the guy stays with was very touched by my devotion to God, he was complaining bitterly about his brother who steals his things up to his new Lacoste polo shirt! .saying imagine you a graduate serving God like this . So he gave me a brown envelop , I knew it was money. As I crossed the road waiting for a taxi ,I opened the envelop ,it was 5,000 naira. I couldn't hold my joy for Gods faithfulness. But suddenly I heard in my spirt. "Give it as you tithe". It was a Wednesday , when I got to church that evening ,I prayed over the envelop. And gave it as my tithe ,all of it. Just few day after . A sister who had travelled to lagos came back with a message from my family. It was an envelop of 50,000 naira. I then knew why God led me to give the 5,000. But I kept this to myself over the years. Because I never heard anyone teach it. It was a personal experience and revelation. But I was surprised later in years to hear people sharing such testimony of faith. A man was bidding for a job , and he said the governor wife began to press for it. He gave a tithe of his would be profit and the job came to him. Others talked about a delay in promotion and they pay tithes ahead of the new salary they desire by faith and promotion came. I just wondered how certain revelation can be universal.

1 Like

Re: Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by God2man(m): 6:59am On Oct 09, 2013
Is it only money? What about divine security? Good health, open heavens, a blessing that money cannot buy.

One woman gave a testimony how robbers attacked and stole her bag, she fought with them on the street and started shouting, i pay my tithe, No! you can't steal it. They struggled together openly, the robbers fled, immediately God sent somebody to waylay the robbers and recover the stolen bag, everything inside the bag was intact.

@ joagbaje, the problem with this thread is that anti-tithers will claim they are enjoying the same thing, so, what is the difference?

I rest my case.

God bless you.
God2man.

1 Like

Re: Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by PastorKun(m): 8:58am On Oct 09, 2013
Joagbaje: Lets start with some of the heroes past. You can add your story

QUAKER OATS COMPANY
Does the name Henry P Crowell sound familiar to you? How about the company he founded-Quaker Oats? While yet a young man, Crowell heard a sermon by Dwight L. Moody. He made a remarkable commitment to the Lord. He said ‘ I can’t be a preacher, but I can be a good businessman.’ He prayed ‘if you would let me make money, I will use it in your service.’ He bought a little run-down mill called Quaker Mill. Not only did he faithfully tithe but it is reported that he gave far beyond the tithe and funded the Lord’s work for over forty years.

COLGATE PALMOLIVE COMPANY
Who hasn’t heard of the Colgate Palmolive Company? Do you know that a tither found it? William Colgate left home when he was just a teenager. He felt that his father was too poor to keep him. With his only belongings tied in a bundle, he met an old canal boat captain. He confided to the captain that he was leaving home to lessen the financial burden on his parents. He explained to the old man that the only trade he knew was soap and candle making. The old captain knelt and prayed for the lad and then looked him in the eyes and said, someone will soon be the leading soap maker in New York. It can be you. Be a good man, give your heart to Christ, pay the Lord all that belongs to Him, make an honest soap, give a full pound and I’m certain you’ll be a prosperous and rich man. Those words apparently made a strong impression on him.
He tithed from the first dollar he made as an employee. Soon he was made partner of the company he worked for and ultimately became the owner of the business. He, like Henry Crowell gave far beyond the tithe. It is reported that his giving grew from 20% to 30% to 40% to 50% and finally he was giving all his income. He gave millions to the Lord’s work. Think about that.

JOHN D. ROCKEFELLER Sr
Some of today’s well known wealthy families initially gave their wealth when the patriarchs of the family committed to tithing. Take the Rockefellers as an example. Listen to John D Rockefeller Sr’s own words.
Yes, I tithe, and I would like to tell you how it all came about. I had to begin work as a small boy to help support my mother. My first wages amounted to $1.50 per week. The first week after I went to work, I took the $1.50 home to my mother and she held the money in her lap and explained to me that she would be happy if I would give a tenth of it to the Lord. I did, and from that week until this day I have tithed on every dollar God has entrusted to me. And I want to say, if I had not tithed on the first dollar I made, I would not have tithed on the first million dollars I made. Today’s the heirs of many of this great industrialist may have wondered far from the principles that created such enormous wealth and influence. Many of their companies are now publicly held and the stock holders don’t have a clue that they are still reaping the harvest of the righteous acts of their founders. To sustain such success and blessing, there need to be a rediscovering of the principle of putting God first and building a business as a way of seeking the kingdom of God.

R.G leTourneau (INVENTOR OF CATERPILLER MACHINES)
My father was actually impressed by R.G leTourneau. R.G leTourneau was the creator and manufacturer of giant earth moving machinery. As my dad will receive the offerings at the church he pastured, he was fond of referring to R.G leTourneau as a man who could not out give God. Before the end of his illustrious career, this manufacturer will reverse the percentages and give God 90% and retain 10% for himself.
I remember that my parents receive regular publications from the charitable foundation R.G leTourneau started and funded with 90% of the stock of his corporation. Each month the publication will show pictures of the monster machines, some weighing as much as 200,000 pounds and each newsletter incorporated tithing because R.G leTourneau contributed his great success to it. Before his death in 1969, he had contributed millions and millions of dollars to the work of God worldwide.

OTHER NOTABLE TITHERS
We could go on and on and list names like J.L. Kraft Cheese Company, Wallace Johnson, the founder of holiday inns, or the founder of welchs grape juice. Each of these Godly businessmen was committed to tithing and I firmly believe that was the key to their outstanding success and legacy.
When the issue of tithing as applied to the small business is raised, many opinions abound. Often the small business operator is left in a dilemma. Should he or she tithe on gross revenues, net profit, salary taken or taxable gain?

Kenneth hagin once shared a testimony of the depression how a christian farmer went to his pastor because his coton farm refuse to bud even though it was ripe , they needed to harvest it before the rain that was coming.If it rains .the whole farm would be destroyed . it was like that allover the town but the pastor asked him " do you pay your tithe ? the man said yes, The pastor asked him for the tithe card, those days they use cards in churches and the pastor signs in when they pay. So the pastor went with him into the middle of the cotton farm he raised the tithe card up and said "lord you promise to rebuke the devourer, this card is the evidence that this man is a tither.the pastor was not done speaking when they began to hear cracking noise all over the farm! the whole farm turned white! . the cooton budded. other farms were destroyed by the rain.

All these people you listed were just givers/philanthropist who gave a lot to charity and other laudable endeavours and not tithers as tithe preachers have twisted their acts of generousity to be. Why don't you post names of current world billionaires that tithe or attribute their success to their tithing activities?[i doubt if there is any tither amongst the top 100 richest men in the world today]

The Kenneth Hagin testimony you put there does not hold any water cause Kenneth Hagin has been proven to be a notorious twister of the gospel and a pathological liar. He should be held responsible for most of the prosperity gospel fraud that is ravaging our society today.
Re: Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by PastorKun(m): 9:03am On Oct 09, 2013
God2man: Is it only money? What about divine security? Good health, open heavens, a blessing that money cannot buy.

One woman gave a testimony how robbers attacked and stole her bag, she fought with them on the street and started shouting, i pay my tithe, No! you can't steal it. They struggled together openly, the robbers fled, immediately God sent somebody to waylay the robbers and recover the stolen bag, everything inside the bag was intact.

@ joagbaje, the problem with this thread is that anti-tithers will claim they are enjoying the same thing, so, what is the difference?

I rest my case.

God bless you.
God2man.

Correction we don't claim the same thing, we are in most cases better off then tithers. That aside if you know tithers don't enjoy any special privilege that non tithers don't why all these lies to promote the tithing scam

3 Likes

Re: Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by PastorKun(m): 9:11am On Oct 09, 2013
Joagbaje:

I have many, have you heard of paying tithes in advance? I've heard of people paying tithes in advance as a demonstration of faith for a contract they desire or for a promotion . But before this revelation became popular, I had an experience in the 90s while I was serving as a Corper. I went on follow up and visitation of a soul who visited our church. I was in need of money. I did some trekking,. But after the visitation. The elder brother who the guy stays with was very touched by my devotion to God, he was complaining bitterly about his brother who steals his things up to his new Lacoste polo shirt! .saying imagine you a graduate serving God like this . So he gave me a brown envelop , I knew it was money. As I crossed the road waiting for a taxi ,I opened the envelop ,it was 5,000 naira. I couldn't hold my joy for Gods faithfulness. But suddenly I heard in my spirt. "Give it as you tithe". It was a Wednesday , when I got to church that evening ,I prayed over the envelop. And gave it as my tithe ,all of it. Just few day after . A sister who had travelled to lagos came back with a message from my family. It was an envelop of 50,000 naira. I then knew why God led me to give the 5,000. But I kept this to myself over the years. Because I never heard anyone teach it. It was a personal experience and revelation. But I was surprised later in years to hear people sharing such testimony of faith. A man was bidding for a job , and he said the governor wife began to press for it. He gave a tithe of his would be profit and the job came to him. Others talked about a delay in promotion and they pay tithes ahead of the new salary they desire by faith and promotion came. I just wondered how certain revelation can be universal.

Given your reputation on this forum as a notorious twister of the gospel and having been caught pants down lying so many times, your testimony just doesn't hold water. That is apart from the fact that you depend on collecting tithes for a leaving so you would do anything to perpetuate the scam.
Re: Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by Joagbaje(m): 9:14am On Oct 09, 2013
God2man: Is it only money? What about divine security? Good health, open heavens, a blessing that money cannot buy.

I rest my case.

God bless you.
God2man.

It doesn't matter what they falsely claim . It's just like when an Idol worshiper claims to enjoy same privilege as Christians . He is so blind that he doesn't know what is missing .

Any way I just wanted to pull their legs grin

1 Like

Re: Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 09, 2013
Please why wouldnt a christain want to pay tithe

someone should explain to me.
Re: Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by Candour(m): 10:09am On Oct 09, 2013

I rest my case.

God bless you.
God2man.

God bless you God2man for the bolded. The spirit must have revealed that truth to you. No matter how anyone paints the story, there's no benefit a so called tither enjoys that is not available to others, even non Christians. If atheists open a thread now to tell you about their successes or that of their comrades, your jaws will drop because all the money and achievements of those listed in the OP pales in comparison

See examples

Bill Gates (Atheist) worth $67B 58years old

Warren Buffet (Agnostic) worth $53.5B 83years old

Aliko Dangote (Muslim) worth $16.1B 56years old

Mark Zuckerberg (Atheist) worth $13.3B 29years old

Money, health, influence etc are not a measure of closeness to God in this dispensation. Christian leaders fall sick and die just like everybody. As long as you're in this body of flesh, as it happens to the animals, so it will happen to you. If you take care of yourself and are careful with your lifestyle, you'll enjoy good health. Warren Buffet is an example @ 83years and still very strong.

What distinguishes a Christian is not this earthly considerations but our eternal destination. The people of the world will always be ahead of Christians when measured on this carnal scales because they own the world and we are strangers here. If you work hard, God will bless your work whether you tithe or not and irrespective of your religious affiliation because he pours rain both on the just and the unjust.

Col 3:1-3
'If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.2.Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.3.For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God'

We are dead to the world and should remain so. God has promised to meet our needs. Let us stop the chasing, covetousness and unending engagement in a futile rat race. It's not worth our souls

2 Likes

Re: Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by PastorKun(m): 11:18am On Oct 09, 2013
joel lala: Please why wouldnt a christain want to pay tithe

someone should explain to me.

Because there is not one single injunction in the bible that requests christians to tithe and even if they want to it is not possible to practise it as instructed by God without adding to God's word. As we all know it's a very serious sin to add to the word of God.
Re: Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by Kenny4lyfe(m): 1:18pm On Oct 09, 2013

I'm a student and I pay tithe from my allowances and gifts I received and that's the reason why I don't fall sick plus other financial blessings I received from time to time. Blessed be God. grin

A brother in church shared this testimony some years back, he was my foundation school teacher and to an extent my carrier mentor!
Here's the testimony in his own words:

[b]
There was a time, few years ago when the government didn't pay salary for months and the contracts I'd bidded for prior to that time (I supply I.T. Equipments as a second profession) weren't approved. For several months I couldn't pay my tithe because I have to receive those finances first and my kids school fees were pilling up.
One day during service as we worshiped, singing one of my pastor's favorite song;
{Wonderful Jehovah, Jehovah Wonderful}2x
I was moved to tears and the Holy Spirit instructed me to pay my all my outstanding tithes as we worshiped. I was like "how?" "I only had #10,000 in my account and nothing more..." I couldn't argue anymore as I knew that was God's strategy for me to get out of that predicament. So, I go my check, wrote the sum total of my tithe for my salaries and pending contract (believe me this was no small amount of money), put it in an envelope and I dropped it in the offering bag. Drove my family home, the Devil reminded me of what I had in my account and that it's illegal if my check bounced in other words I might go to jail. Immediately I got home I put my check book on the center table in the living room and I started singing; Wonderful Jehovah, Jehovah Wonderful}2x I reminded God that, that check belongs to Him so it cannot bounce. Very early the next morning I got a call from a long-time debtor who with a panicky voice said I should send him my account number immediately. I did and was waiting for the debit alart but it didn't come. I stared at my phone momentarily waiting for an alart from the bank or a call from my church informing me that my check had bounced. Later that day, I was forced to call my banker and she said; not only was that money credited to my account but that my salaries had being paid up to date as well. I couldn't hold my joy at that moment. Few days later, I received the approval to supply those I.T Equipments with a check for the entire supply! Praise the Lord!!! [/b]

Tithing is a born again christian's way of affirming to God that; I am not my own, all I have is The Lord's and this is the reason why I work, "to favor God's righteous cause"

4 Likes

Re: Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
^
inspiring!
Re: Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by Goshen360(m): 2:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
grin

As many as wants to be justified by WORKS OF THE LAW are fallen from Grace, to such, Christ died for nothing.

E.g, I don't fall sick BECAUSE I tithe, it is because I tithe, I have breakthroughs etc.

grin
Re: Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by PastorKun(m): 3:28pm On Oct 09, 2013
Goshen360: grin

As many as wants to be justified by WORKS OF THE LAW are fallen from Grace, to such, Christ died for nothing.

E.g, I don't fall sick BECAUSE I tithe, it is because I tithe, I have breakthroughs etc.

grin

Their claims are so pathetic as if those of us that don't tithe fall sick. The healthiest people in the world are the chinese/Japanese and you can be rest assured they don't tithe.

1 Like

Re: Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:00am On Mar 30, 2017
These stories about Rockefeller, Colgate, et.al., tithing are all as phony as a three-dollar bill.

I have a book titled, "Mr. Rockefeller's Ledger." ©1897 In it, J.D. Rockefeller addresses the Young Men's Bible Study at Fifth Avenue Baptist Church in New York City where he was a member. Mr. Rockefeller gives the account of his earnings, which clearly are not tithed when he tells how much he gave to the Church.

His first earnings, he said were from August 27, 1855 - January 1, 1856. He told the young men he earned $50 for those four months.

With the $50, he paid his washerwoman and the lady he boarded with. Then, he began giving "A PENNY" to his Sunday School class each Sunday. He said he would have given more, but could not afford it.

The year 1856 brought Rockefeller a raise. He was now earning $25 a month totaling $300.00 a year. With his raise, he gave more to the Sunday School Class. Instead of a penny each Sunday, he put ten cents in the plate.

Let's see,... a penny each Sunday for 52 Sundays. That adds up to $0.52. Fifty-two is not a tenth of $50,... not by a long shot.

$5.20 out of $300? Again, not a tithe.

Colgate, on the other hand, gave generously to the Baptist Church he was a member of. Where there were not enough pew-renters, Colgate made up the difference needed for the Church to continue out of his own pocket. But never once did his biography say he tithed every dollar he made.

I believe the stories of these men tithing were invented by pastors in hopes that church members would tithe, if for no other reason but greed, The thought of getting rich by tithing would certainly stir up greed in many a heart.
Re: Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by MarkMiwerds(m): 6:05am On Mar 30, 2017
PastorKun:

Because there is not one single injunction in the bible that requests christians to tithe and even if they want to it is not possible to practise it as instructed by God without adding to God's word. As we all know it's a very serious sin to add to the word of God.

Re: Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours by petra1(m): 4:13am On Sep 04, 2022
??

(1) (Reply)

Cancer: How God Healed My Wife / Physically Challenged Woman Hid Son & Lied To Extort Money From Prophet Fufeyin / 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.