Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Update Database Via Wlan - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Update Database Via Wlan (795 Views)

Can Anyone Develop A Software For Searching An Internet Database Via Sms Text? / Dynamicaly Update Database Recordset Across A Lan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update Database Via Wlan by jboy01(m): 8:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
Pls am designing a destop application that needs to update a database in another computer by sending the datas via a wireless network.
I code in vb.net.
Pls how will I go about it?
Re: Update Database Via Wlan by mj(m): 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2013
What server are u using??

1 Like

Re: Update Database Via Wlan by jboy01(m): 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2013
mj: What server are u using??
Wamp server
Re: Update Database Via Wlan by mj(m): 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
Simple way, put your wampserver online, create an adhoc network on the main system, let other systems connect to the network, then open your browser and type the ip address of the main system server.
Re: Update Database Via Wlan by jboy01(m): 6:33am On Sep 28, 2013
mj: Simple way, put your wampserver online, create an adhoc network on the main system, let other systems connect to the network, then open your browser and type the ip address of the main system server.
thanks for the reply.
But all the computers will be connected together by a wireless router.
Re: Update Database Via Wlan by mj(m): 8:00am On Sep 28, 2013
jboy01:
thanks for the reply.
But all the computers will be connected together by a wireless router.
Take note of the IP address of the main computer system that host the server, type the IP on the browser address bar of other systems, u should be seeing the applications on your wampserver.
I conducted the election of my department those days in school through this method using wlan, it is a simple process.
Re: Update Database Via Wlan by Ymodulus: 7:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
In addition to MJ solution. Let me elaborate his solution a little.

Since u all computers are connected to the same router. All u have to do is go to the host computer( the computer that have the wamp server installed) then click on the wamp tray and select ONLINE.

Now go to the other computers connected to the network open the command prompt and type the word "IPCONFIG" this will give u the ip of that wlan connection. Now take the ip and paste in the browser as a url. Booom that is. U are good to go.

Take Note. If u must do this restrict ur mysql database to only accept access from localhost. This will prevent unauthorise acces to the database.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Update Database Via Wlan by jboy01(m): 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2013
Ymodulus: In addition to MJ solution. Let me elaborate his solution a little.

Since u all computers are connected to the same router. All u have to do is go to the host computer( the computer that have the wamp server installed) then click on the wamp tray and select ONLINE.

Now go to the other computers connected to the network open the command prompt and type the word "IPCONFIG" this will give u the ip of that wlan connection. Now take the ip and paste in the browser as a url. Booom that is. U are good to go.

Take Note. If u must do this restrict ur mysql database to only accept access from localhost. This will prevent unauthorise acces to the database.

Thanks
Thanks pals! I will try it at in d office on monday and will give a feed back.

(1) (Reply)

pls delete / How Not Having An Online Presence Is Sabotaging Your School Growth / Photography Courseā€¦.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.