Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,798 members, 7,806,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Please I Need A Help In Solving This Problem - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please I Need A Help In Solving This Problem (974 Views)

Solving Real Problems / I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net / Algorithm For Solving Systems Of Linear Equations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need A Help In Solving This Problem by bamigboye27: 10:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
The table below captures a weekly sales data for a small retail shop

Product/day 1 2 3 4 5 6

Milk 20 45 20 40 50 35

Sugar 30 10 90 45 15 60

Notebook 10 20 80 12 15 50

File 34 24 50 16 25 50

Pencil 56 43 12 15 20 35

Biro 23 59 20 10 40 30

Develop a program to determine the following

(i) Total sales for that week

(ii) The product with highest total sales in the week

(iii) The total amount of sales for two products (e.g. biro and pencil)
Re: Please I Need A Help In Solving This Problem by spikesC(m): 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
What language, what database.

What's the problem about, is it school stuff?
Re: Please I Need A Help In Solving This Problem by adewasco2k(m): 9:50am On Sep 28, 2013
@OP If you know just very little of php and MySQL you will be done in a matter of minutes.

Let me just make assumptions because you didn't give much details

1. Create a table in your database (e.g MySQL) normalization might even be ignored, but if you are concern about performance, you should do it.

If you want to normalize you can create a table for products, with ID's (Auto incremented) and a table for days also auto incremented another table for sales,

So you have the sales id, DATE, product_id, day_id

So all you need to do is query your tables, you will be using much of SUM and COUNT to get total sales and number of sales for any day or even a week or month, the DATE column will help.

My advice, start something then come back if you need help.

Final advice, Your database is not your spreed sheet, like excel, must newbies will create a table just likeyou have above.
Re: Please I Need A Help In Solving This Problem by talk2hb1(m): 11:09am On Sep 28, 2013
Let me go and learn how to develop facebook first, I will come back to that.
Re: Please I Need A Help In Solving This Problem by adewasco2k(m): 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2013
talk2hb1: Let me go and learn how to develop facebook first, I will come back to that.

That will be after you finish teaching me wordpress development right?
Re: Please I Need A Help In Solving This Problem by talk2hb1(m): 1:51pm On Sep 28, 2013
adewasco2k:

That will be after you finish teaching me wordpress development right?
Never mind!!!
The OP is looking for answer to his assignment, without acknowledging it.
Every dick and harry will come to nairaland with their skool assignment to be solved.
Re: Please I Need A Help In Solving This Problem by Djtm(m): 2:27am On Sep 29, 2013
talk2hb1:
Never mind!!!
The OP is looking for answer to his assignment, without acknowledging it.
Every dick and harry will come to nairaland with their skool assignment to be solved.
it is still better than dubbing.
Re: Please I Need A Help In Solving This Problem by talk2hb1(m): 9:17am On Sep 29, 2013
I am not against anybody posting his or her assignment here, but they need to acknowledge.

(1) (Reply)

Am A Novice / Help A Nairalander On An I.T Placement. / Urgent! Any Non Hosted Nig Adsense For Sale Cal/add 08067116148 On Whatsap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.