Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

I Need Nigerian Recipes Please - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Need Nigerian Recipes Please (4627 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Nigerian Recipes / Exciting Recipes With Indomie! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Nigerian Recipes Please by folkzy(f): 5:56pm On Jun 05, 2006
Going To University And I Need Nigeria Recipes Please

Can you please help me to post Nigerian recipes. I will be going to university in september and I will be staying on campus. I can only cook non -nigerian food. Please help!

I want to start learning. Don't get me wrong; I can cook rice. That is the only food I can perfectly say am good that.

Please help!
Re: I Need Nigerian Recipes Please by Consultant(f): 9:23pm On Jun 08, 2006
Re: I Need Nigerian Recipes Please by folkzy(f): 7:59am On Jun 09, 2006
Thanks. I will check it out.
Re: I Need Nigerian Recipes Please by ntuedor(m): 10:20am On Jun 09, 2006
Funke,

Send me your email address and I will send to you by attachment Maggi (Nestlie) Recipes of about 50 pages. All Nigerian meals.
This is my email address is ntuedor2002@yahoo.com

Regards,

NT
Re: I Need Nigerian Recipes Please by folkzy(f): 9:13pm On Jun 09, 2006
thank u so much.
Re: I Need Nigerian Recipes Please by debbieolat(f): 7:14pm On Jun 28, 2006
Hey lil sis, i can't believe you're asking outsiders for recipes despite the fact that i can cook and teach you. Whenever you're ready, i'm always available for you.

Lol grin grin grin wink wink wink
Re: I Need Nigerian Recipes Please by spikedcylinder: 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2006
ntuedor,can you send those recipes to me too?I'll send you an email now asking for them.Thanks in advance.
Re: I Need Nigerian Recipes Please by jonat(f): 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2006
I NEED NIGERIAN RECIPES PLEASE, CAN YOU SEND IT TO MY BOX TOO. THANKS jonathanhellen@yahoo.com
Re: I Need Nigerian Recipes Please by toyintagib: 10:49am On Sep 12, 2006
Hi ntuedor,how are u doing?please send a copy to my box too.thanks(toyintagib@yahoo.com)
Re: I Need Nigerian Recipes Please by MissThang: 4:47pm On Sep 12, 2006
Please ntuedor, can u post the link containing the 50 receipts. Pleasssssse o!!!!
Re: I Need Nigerian Recipes Please by amaka1(f): 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2006
Coat plantain in oil very lightly, just so it doesn't stick to the pan.

Place on a baking tray and roast in oven (alternatively you can roast on the barbecue).

Keep turning till all sides are brown and caramelized.

Grab a handful of epa nuts and enjoy

Re: I Need Nigerian Recipes Please by amaka1(f): 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2006
3 teaspoons finely ground roasted peanuts
2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or red pepper, or red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger ½ teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 or 2 pounds of meat (beef, chicken, etc.), cut into bite-size pieces
1 onion peeled and cut into chunks
1 tomato cut into chunks
1 green or red bell pepper, cleaned and cut into chunks (optional)
• Make the ground peanut powder: Remove shells and skins from roasted peanuts, if necessary.
• Grind the peanuts into a fine powder (briefly pound them in a mortar and pestle; crush them with a rolling pin; or use a food processor).
• Be careful not to grind them into a paste. If the peanut powder is oily, wrap it in absorbent paper (paper towel) and squeeze for a minute or two.
• Stir the spices into the powder, mixing well.
• For really spicy hot suya, use more cayenne pepper; for a milder dish, substitute paprika for some (or all) of the cayenne pepper.
• Divide the peanut-spice mix into two parts, putting half in one bowl and half in another.
• Set one bowl aside.
• Dip and roll the meat in the other bowl of the peanut-spice mix, making sure the meat is completely coated.
• Allow meat to marinate for thirty minutes or more. (Get the outdoor grill going or preheat the oven while you are waiting.)
• Place the meat on skewers (alternating with the onion, tomato and sweet pepper, if desired).
• Broil in a hot oven, or grill over hot coals, until meat is done.

Re: I Need Nigerian Recipes Please by amaka1(f): 5:24pm On Sep 14, 2006
Ingredients:
meat of your choice
crayfish
ground melon
ground cayenne red pepper
salt
onions
palm oil or vegetable oil
bitter leaf or spinach
tomatoes
maggi

blend tomatoes and onions together
put your meat of choice on the stove and let it cook, add ur seasonings of choice to the meat cooking
take ur blended tomatoes and onions and fry it for just a little while with oil, i use corn oil
add ur grounded melon to the tomatoe and onions that ur frying and let it fry for a little while
add ur meat that you've been cooking to the pot with the melon, tomatoes and onions
add ur crayfish
add more red pepper
add ur maggi
let cook for a little while
then add ur spinach

Re: I Need Nigerian Recipes Please by globalaid(m): 4:19am On Sep 18, 2006
Ntuedor, Please can you also send the Nigeria recipes to this my mail address also, i miss home food too much. globalaid@lycos.com
Re: I Need Nigerian Recipes Please by Seun(m): 11:18am On Oct 02, 2006
Re: I Need Nigerian Recipes Please by nt4dmasses(m): 12:21pm On Oct 06, 2006
Dats not a problem Funke, this one I'm giving you is so tasty, so delicious, and fully nutritious.
Ingredients
A bowl full of water.
Peanuts/groundnuts whichever way U like 2 call it.
Dried and Ground cassava which U may not get in d UK so travel down to get 'em.
Table Sugar (granulated).

How 2 prepare;
Take the desired quantity of ground cassava U want. Pour into water, add peanuts/groundnuts into water and include sugar.

THEN BE READY TO SOAK GARRI cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Wasn't funny don't be angry at me, I'm a cool guy.
Re: I Need Nigerian Recipes Please by Spice4luv(f): 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2008
Not only do I need Nigeria recipe but I also need where to buy it here in Florida, Miami. I just came to Miami for about 2months plus and I am dying to make and/or eat Nigeria food. I will really appreciate if anyone can send me info on how to get it. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

The World Largest Crocodile Caught In Panama( Photo) / How To Identify Original Exeter Corned Beef / Gwote Acha Recipe: How To Make Delicious Acha Food( Hausa Porridge)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.