Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,758 members, 7,955,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:46 PM

Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) (1197 Views)

This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All / Blackberry Fans In Naija You Are Not Alone: Kim Kardashian Still Uses A BB Bold / Blackberry Fans Rejoice. This Gadget Is For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
Is one thing to be on top and is yet another to remain on top. Blackberry top executives were too comfortable being on top forgeting that myriads of other tech companies were aiming to be at the top. Poor board room decision and missed opportunities resulted in their downward movement couple with the facts that many media coys out jealousy wanted them to die at all cost. Am not surprised as it is factual that once you are on top, you are going to have many enemies. Apart from America (US) media organisations who are bent on seeing blackberry dead by churning out negative news, there are also some ill motivated Canadian media organisations who are also bent on seeing blackberry dead. Is widely believed that American media wanted Apple and Google/Motorola to succeed at the expense Blackberry but what was the motivation of few Canadian media notably Globe and Mail writing to see the dead end of Blackbeery that is not even in competition with them?.

The present CEO took over when it was too late to match the devastating power of Apple and Android. The blackberry nosediving southward started with failed playbook project, the resources expended on Playbook project could have been used to strenghten their area of core competence. This happened shortly after disastrous experiment with Storm line of product, blackberry attempt to go full touch screen. The former co CEO could not heed the advice to allow the BBM to go cross platform when BBM was de facto internet messenger. There was also no motivation for developers to embrace blackberry platform. At one time, the blackberry platform had the higher number of Apps than Android platform. It was a little bit late now to attract devoloper whose primary aim is to port their Apps to ios and Android. To support this claim , even after concerted effort made by the current CEO to get developers port their Android apk to BB10, it yielded little result.

With the ongoing deal to sell the company, Blackberry will come back to life. BBM will still be the messaging app of choice, Corporations will still rely on BES / BEE10 for their secure system. Devices will be sold to prosumers who value quality products and software. Blackberry fans in Africa, Europe, Asia, middle East ,and central and south America will still be supported. The new investors will also embrace Android to run on Blackberry NOC while still maintaning high level of security. Loyal blackberry fans will still buy new devices and those dissastisfied by Apple and Android will come back to blackberry. Remember Apple inc. layed off thousands of workers and would have been dead by now if not the second coming of Steve and help from Microsoft. Blackberry being a private firm will help it to turn around and away from the eyes of media. long live blackberry.
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by maigida231(m): 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2013
Always with my blackberry 24/7 wit my bis intact no nid of getting scary dat my credit is finish becos of browsing,sometimes I do forget I have a iphone5 wit me sef,blackberry wanted to be android,apple n samsung dat y d fall today becos of dat decision d made,omo the should focus on their own style n design their product in a better way,na z10 kill their market jor.
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by oprah007(m): 10:17pm On Sep 28, 2013
BB will always be the best. Tried Android, Windows, iOS platforms and apart from applications(games and stuffs) where Android and iOS are leading, the BB still remains the best Social phone. Am always with my BB.
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by rabzy01: 10:19am On Sep 29, 2013
Do I have to comment? Anyway, BB will not die but one day it will become extinct. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 29, 2013
MAKE I LAFF SMALL..

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

grin grin grin grin grin

TEAM BB WILL NOT DIEgrin..

HAHAHAHEEHAH
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 01, 2013
BBM for Android and IOS will come before the end of this year.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 01, 2013
Of course Brickberry will not die. How do you expect the dead to die again? angry

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by cjudy(m): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2013
Blackberry don already die. I was once a fan but the fact of their interface and os I hate them. battery nkor? a beg jor. my HTC Sensation keeps me on the run.......
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 11:25am On Oct 01, 2013
tongue

5 Likes

Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by mightyleks(m): 12:13pm On Oct 01, 2013
HeWhoMusntBeNamed: tongue
grin grin
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by Kessleek(m): 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2013
Make all of una 4get dat barbecure of a fone d name means bad luck and bad network abeg make u na com chop android jellybean and gingerbread or con lick our ice-cream sandwich or if una nor like am make una con lick eclair sweet...soon chocolate go soon come out make una con chop... BET YOU UR LIFE WILL NEVER REMAIN D SAME...
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by Kessleek(m): 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
grin tongue grin
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 01, 2013
HeWhoMusntBeNamed: tongue

grin grin I feel you man... tongue
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2013
Hot off the heels of NATO approving BlackBerry 10 it now seems that the national police service of Colombia are following suit. Clearly this is just more proof that the security features of BlackBerry 10 are world leading and a positive sign that yet another large organization has made the commitment.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by vower(m): 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
To me blackberry is useless without subscription
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by ibietela2(m): 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hahahaha B. B died 2yrs ago
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by jude33084(m): 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
Pls is anybody using glo bis here? I find it hard to download any file above 10mb, the download is always interrupted and stopped. Is this a Glo issue or my BB (curve 9300)? angry

Please help!
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by walcolm(m): 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
vower: To me blackberry is useless without subscription

you're wrong..you should try the new BB10 devices...they do not require BIS to work

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by walcolm(m): 3:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
jude33084: Pls is anybody using glo bis here? I find it hard to download any file above 10mb, the download is always interrupted and stopped. Is this a Glo issue or my BB (curve 9300)? angry

Please help!

you might want to update the OS on your now very old BB...Curve 9300 is quite old and you need to update the OS to the very latest to get a decent performance from it
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by walcolm(m): 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
cjudy: Blackberry don already die. I was once a fan but the fact of their interface and os I hate them. battery nkor? a beg jor. my HTC Sensation keeps me on the run.......

that was then and your anger towards the previous OS is reasonable...i will urge you to try the new OS..its called Blackberry 10 and its every bit as good as any version of android and iOS
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by jude33084(m): 3:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
walcolm:

you might want to update the OS on your now very old BB...Curve 9300 is quite old and you need to update the OS to the very latest to get a decent performance from it

Thanks very much but my Os version is 6.0 sad and anytime i check for an update it shows " Your Blackberry is Up to Date"

What should I do Pls
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by walcolm(m): 4:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
jude33084:

Thanks very much but my Os version is 6.0 sad and anytime i check for an update it shows " Your Blackberry is Up to Date"

What should I do Pls

like i mentioned earlier, your curve 9300 is a 2010 phone...you might want to consider getting the Q5 phone if your phone budget is low...i use glo BIS on my Z10 and i regularly download files larger than 100MB without a problem...

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by jude33084(m): 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
walcolm:

like i mentioned earlier, your curve 9300 is a 2010 phone...you might want to consider getting the Q5 phone if your phone budget is low...i use glo BIS on my Z10 and i regularly download files larger than 100MB without a problem...

Hmmm! I hear you grin

Z10? you did not even mention Bold 5 or torch? undecided
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by walcolm(m): 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
jude33084:

Hmmm! I hear you grin

Z10? you did not even mention Bold 5 or torch? undecided

Yep that's because the z10 is at least 4x faster than both of those and it runs on the new OS meaning it can do things they can't even dream of let alone do
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by psalmdave(m): 12:05am On Oct 03, 2013
From the 1st time I saw this bb(while it was the king) I always had a feeling this bb would not last at all to compete with phones in the near future ..and now it has happened...well goodluck with its resurrection
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2013
BBM for Android is coming to BETA tester and with new features
Re: Blackberry Is Not Going To Die (only Blackberry Fans Are Welcomed) by Nobody: 3:20am On Oct 15, 2013
BlackBerry CMO expects BBM to launch on Android and iOS 'within days'

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Wikipedia Page?? / Phone Suggestion For 70k / Techies! We Got A Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.