Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,565 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Lipstick Was Not Made For Me??? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Lipstick Was Not Made For Me??? (1517 Views)

The Best Color Of Lipstick For Dark Lips / How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour / Lipstick Or Lipgloss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lipstick Was Not Made For Me??? by Nattramak: 10:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
Are you one of those ladies who cannot seem to find the right shade of lipstick that looks good on you? Do you get frustrated when you try lipstick on and it just doesn't look right? Have you given up on trying to find your perfect shade of lipstick? I was just like you until I figured out what I was doing wrong.

Putting on lipstick and makeup in general is an art and it requires a little bit more effort on your part. When I eventually took my time to learn how to correctly apply my lipstick, I discovered there are so many colors that work on my skin tone, even bright pink. I used to try to wear lipstick without first applying foundation and/or powder and it just didn't look right. You need a smooth canvas to get the right look. You need to cover most (not necessarily all) of the imperfections on your face(if any). Even if you have no pimples or other spots on your face, you still need to apply a little bit of liquid foundation or simply powder foundation to give you a smooth flawless finish.

Wearing lip liner/pencil before wearing lipstick can also help to tone down the effect of the lipstick color. I usually use a brown colored pencil close to my skin tone before applying a bright colored lipstick. I wear all the colors shown in the Nattra Cosmetics lipstick and color lipgloss collage shown below and I love them all. Also, wear a good lip balm or Vaseline right after you get out of the shower to keep your lips smooth and moisturized so that lip products go on effortlessly.

Please feel free to share your lipstick frustrations with us and if you overcame your frustrations or still struggling. If you have any tips, share. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Re: Lipstick Was Not Made For Me??? by olusenny: 9:52am On Sep 29, 2013
@nattramak I don't use foundation or lipstick.m jst a normal powder girl n wetlips den m good to go..pls can u tell m d type of foundation I can use inshort from powder to lipstick I can use.m dark in complexion.thank u
Re: Lipstick Was Not Made For Me??? by Iyaoloja(f): 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
It's usually best to visit a proper beauty store where you can have someone test out what works best for your skin before making a purchase. Stores like Kuddy Cosmetics, MAC etc can help with this. Depending on your spending budget, Kuddy Cosmetics has more product variations (Black Opal, Mary Kay, IMAN, MAC, Nicka K, etc) to try than most. Check out www.kuddycosmetics.com to find the branch closest to you.
Re: Lipstick Was Not Made For Me??? by Nattramak: 1:10am On Oct 01, 2013
olusenny: @nattramak I don't use foundation or lipstick.m jst a normal powder girl n wetlips den m good to go..pls can u tell m d type of foundation I can use inshort from powder to lipstick I can use.m dark in complexion.thank u

Hi Olusenny, I'll be happy to help. Please send your email to info@nattra.com. This way you can send your picture so i know what will match your skin color perfectly. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

With WAIST TRAINERS, Where Do The Organs Go? / Check Out This Bag That Looks Exactly Like A Scrotum (photos) / Zahra Buhari Spotted In A $965 Pair Of Manolo Blahnik Hangisi Satin Pumps(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.