Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

What Is The Nigerian Dream - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Nigerian Dream (501 Views)

Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream / My Biafra Nigerian Dream, why I'm one Nigeria now. / What Is The Nigerian Dream? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Nigerian Dream by t12tosin: 2:18pm On Sep 29, 2013
It has been said that Only on the brink of destruction do people find the will to change, at the precipice, do we evolve, the question is are we capable of this change?

I remember in 2011 during the election period, there was this misconception that Nigerians must get it right, and that the only choice was to vote for "Good Luck", as though the only logical option available that can transform the state of things for the better. Majority of the electorates were swayed and today, we have "Good luck".

Looking at the present state of affairs in our beloved country, has there been any improvement? Has there been a swing of the Magical wand of "Good luck"? We all know how the story goes as we are all part of the casts of the Seasonal Movie titled "The Nigerian Dream".

Last Friday edition of the Punch news paper stated that "Our People are Suffering", this cannot be overemphasized but What are we doing about it? I think it all boils down to if i can have three square meals, a mansion of my own in high braw areas, nice fleet of exotic cars, my children studying at private or international schools and my bank account is fat and shapeless with both domestic and domiciliary currencies, nothing concerns me

Soon everyone will be cajouled into voting another set of Law makers, breakers with sweet tongues filled with promises of things that will never be.

When will there be a start for positive transformation or are we not at the threshold of emancipation of a corrupt Nigeria? Even though no one wants to die but are we not way overdue for a Revolution in this country, for us to realise the Nigerian dream?

By the way, what is the nigerian dream?

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Sets Up Committee On National Conference / Dropping EFCC Probe Against Me Was Never Part Of Demand Of New PDP – Senator Buk / National Conference: Obong Of Calabar Hails President Jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.