Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,152 members, 7,835,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Voting Like A Good Catholic Would – Keeping The Faith In The Anambra Governorshi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voting Like A Good Catholic Would – Keeping The Faith In The Anambra Governorshi (473 Views)

Ben Bruce Orders Innoson Car For His Personal Use From The Anambra Based Company / Princess Stella Oduah Won The Anambra North Senatorial Seat. / The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Voting Like A Good Catholic Would – Keeping The Faith In The Anambra Governorshi by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 29, 2013
VOTING LIKE A GOOD CATHOLIC WOULD – KEEPING THE FAITH IN THE ANAMBRA GOVERNORSHIP ELECTIONS.

To my brethen in the catholic faith

May the grace of the Lord be with you.

We cannot shy away  from discussing politics as it greatly affects our faith. It is known that we Catholics have been at the forefront of civilization; education, science and government (politics) since the beginning of the age and our beliefs have been enshrined in the constitutions, laws and policies of nations notably in Latin America and Europe.  Bearing this in mind, I believe the elections in Anambra, and whosoever will elect to rule this state will have a major impact in raising the awareness and stand of our faith in the society. This opinion is entirely mine and I wasn’t paid to write this article. I tell you the truth. In the first of this series I will be talking about the various parties and candidates as they relate to the faith and I write with pain and wish to enlighten others on how I will cast my vote in good conscience. However I expect your feedback and it will inform the publication of my 2nd writing. I will write in the order in which I am most unlikely to vote.

Sen. Chris Ngige is the candidate of the APC and also known among Catholics and enjoys the privilege of being a Knight, the knowing which causes no small stir and dissipation when I am faced with. How can a Knight of the Catholic Church which vehemently not minding the use of righteous force brought down Idols and Sacred Places of Pagan Worship be affiliated with the notorious Okija Shrine, a story which is hard to separate from Chris Ngige’s biopics. Aside that the party which is relatively unknown to the Anambra people seems to carry another anti-catholic view; I said seems as this is unconfirmed as to whether it is in their party’s constitution or not. However the Party’s known Governor in the East (Imo State) passed the Abortion Bill only this year September soon as he became an initiate of the APC fraternal order.  Sen. Chris Ngige has also been known to be muddled up in this similar situation has he approved of such during his short-lived first shot at governing Anambra state, a matter concerning which Pope Benedict XVI was petitioned in 2010. We all know that even a segment of secular society see this as a denial of anothers’ right to exist and you can imagine as I am now what the fate of the catholic faith’s belief in the sacredness of life as enshrined in papal writings.

On the other hand Chief Willie Obiano of APGA cannot be said to have a major issue with the Catholic institution regarding belief, however he comes next to Sen. Chris Ngige in my opinion largely due to the separation of his person from the situation of the Catholic Church especially in Anambra state which he seeks to govern and the reputation of his boss and sponsor Gov. Peter Obi who ascended to his seat based on Catholic Support and goodwill while he was challenged by Sen. Chris Ngige of the Action Congress. Not showing strong affinity for or identifying with Catholics and their beliefs is one of his low points and it seems he now has a distorted view of the Catholic movement as an electoral vehicle which we cannot deny. It is only bewildering to note the manner he aimed to score electoral points by openly displaying his greek gift of over a billion or so of a State Government Cheque to the missions schools which he neglected for over seven and half years. I also wish to make a note that Willie Obiano who has distanced himself from the Catholic movement in time past may not differ. As a guava doesn’t fall too far from a tree you should not expect Willie to be less secular than Gov. Obi whose investment in large scale production of alcohol for the consumption of Anambrarians does not seem to be a socially motivated investment but a capitalist mindset which Willie inherits from the banking (usury) system that looks at profits and interest. We know the interest of Willie is to protect Peter Obi’s and we know what position the catholic interest falls under already.

Accordingly, Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah of Labour Party will be measured under this same light and he is the one that will most likely get my vote as a Catholic in Anambra. Ifeanyi Ubah has openly identified, donated and contributed to the growth of the church in no small way from building us Catholics worthy edifices of worship to comforting the widows and less privileged. One thing that captivated me and many others I relate to is his tagline and name he is fondly called Ebubechukwuzo while others use self promoting names. It is said that he who puts God first will be first to God in all things. If Ifeanyi Ubah has done this to catholics now we can only pay back and watch with hope that he is going to continue in his ways.

Now for these reasons, I am going to give my vote to Ifeanyi Ubah as a good catholic. If you have any thing otherwise as I write my 2nd series on the topic of the catholic vote. Please send your suggestions to my email nkiruokeke541@yahoo.com
Re: Voting Like A Good Catholic Would – Keeping The Faith In The Anambra Governorshi by slimming: 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
politics as it greatly affects our faith
Re: Voting Like A Good Catholic Would – Keeping The Faith In The Anambra Governorshi by Peinstein: 5:34pm On Sep 29, 2013
Religion and Politics again?
Re: Voting Like A Good Catholic Would – Keeping The Faith In The Anambra Governorshi by malc619(m): 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
Igbos and their laughable lack of political intelligence....

SMH.....
Re: Voting Like A Good Catholic Would – Keeping The Faith In The Anambra Governorshi by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2013
shocked shocked thunder fire the devil,so catholics must govern Anambra while others stand and watch like zombie ? OP you and Boko Haram have the same ideology.

(1) (Reply)

o / Jonathan And The Lies Of Distraction / June 12: IBB Finally Opens Up, Says He Gave Late Abiola N35m To Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.