Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Confused# Is God More Than One - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confused# Is God More Than One (454 Views)

"Next Year, You Will Need God More Than This Year” - TB Joshua / I Love Her, But I Love God More / Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Confused# Is God More Than One by Oluwacolded: 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
I was going through the bible and i found these verses which might not seem confusing to you but
Which is absolutely confusing

This is my question is God more than one

Genesis 3
22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now
become like one of US, knowing good and evil. He
must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take
also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

Now underline the object US which means more than one

Genesis 1.26

And God said,let us make man in our image,after OUR likeness:

Now underline the pronoun OUR which also means more than one

So please i need someone to explain these cos i believe God is not talking to angels.
Re: Confused# Is God More Than One by Illuminatus(m): 6:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
Haven't you heard of The Trinity? God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. God often usually means God the Father, Lord usually means God the Son (more in the New Testament). Although, it might seem confusing, it is like a person with multi personality disordersmiley

(1) (Reply)

God Is Greater Than All Challenges / / True Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.