Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here (3821 Views)

Cyber Cafe And Business Centre Thread, Ask Your Questions Here / Importation Made Easier. Ask Questions Here / Ask Your Questions Here- Internet Business/make Money Online/e-commerce Related (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 29, 2013
Hello nairalanders as part of effort in making sure all farmers succeed in this country..i know by now all of us who have been into one form of farming will no that there is money in farming,for does who have just started and encountering one problem or the other here is an opportunity for you to have answers to does problems..any questions i cant answer i will show it to my team here in the farm to look into it..and i will try to give you the best answer..for does who are new into farming or afraid of going into it because of one story or the other you might have had..here comes an opportunity for you to get yourself clarified
Let the question keep rolling in
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by julibaba: 11:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
hello sir
am just nine month in business of pig farming
my farm is located in ibadan
the issue i have is that after spending alot of resources on the feeding
buying concentrate feeds with cassava peels and pkc my pigs average weights are 40 to 50kg
will appreciate how to effect gain more than this weight in a shorter time
thanks
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 30, 2013
what is the breed of your pig are you sure that the pigs come from a farm
known to have pigs of good quality and where
the management and standard of hygiene are
excellent....is this your first time of rearing pigs I guess it likely to pertain to your breed..
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Leonaidas300: 8:58am On Sep 30, 2013
Where can I get hybrid seeds in lagos?
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 30, 2013
Leonaidas300: Where can I get hybrid seeds in lagos?
send a message to agriseedco@gmail.com for there address in lagos they are currently based in abuja
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by condi1704(m): 2:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
Dr Isa, how many 3 littres drinker and feed trays do I need for my 100 pullet chicks and for how many weeks. Also supply a moderate vaccination program (least cost) for a small scale layers. E-mail "oyeyemioyewo1704@gmail.com"
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Ib10001: 9:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
I am looking for a way to reduce or eliminate the cost of renting tractor for my maize farming; it is really affecting profitability;if only i can just get this smaller hand tractor on installment or what do u think
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by kagari: 11:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hy Doc

do you have an idea of the best rabbits and guinea pig breedds i could get. And where i could get them in lagos.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 01, 2013
kagari: Hy Doc

do you have an idea of the best rabbits and guinea pig breedds i could get. And where i could get them in lagos.
Thanks in anticipation
any breed of rabbit is good, there are two factors to take into consideration before choosing a rabbit. First: the size of the rabbit and secondly: the amount of care it requires. Large rabbits may be affectionate, laid back pets but they do require large cages, more room to exercise and more food. Very large breeds may be difficult to handle and prone to problems.
the most popular guinea pig breed is the American guinea pig, also known as the English cavy. This cavy normally comes in color s such as cream, black, white or speckled, or you will see them in a mixture of two or three colors. This is an obvious best choice for a first time guinea pig owner because they are good-natured and hardy not to mention easy to maintain because they require no special grooming.

You can also find other short-haired guinea pigs that also have a smooth coat but have special markings. One popular one is the Dutch guinea pig, and you can recognize it since it has a primarily black coat with a white blaze down the face and a distict marking over the back similar to that of the Dutch rabbit.
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 01, 2013
Ib10001: I am looking for a way to reduce or eliminate the cost of renting tractor for my maize farming; it is really affecting profitability;if only i can just get this smaller hand tractor on installment or what do u think
the smaller hand tractor is ok,you can also ask for the price of old compact utility tractor and compare the price.....if you dont mind the electronic Garden Sprayer is also affordable

1 Like

Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by ruggedcuzz: 8:36am On Oct 01, 2013
Doc
Can you give me a full detailed analysis on how to smoke catfish?
Also I want to know the life spern of a smoked catfish
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by condi1704(m): 10:06am On Oct 01, 2013
condi1704: Dr Isa, how many 3 littres drinker and feed trays do I need for my 100 pullet chicks and for how many weeks. Also supply a moderate vaccination program (least cost) for a small scale layers. E-mail "oyeyemioyewo1704@gmail.com"
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Cooleasy(m): 11:14am On Oct 01, 2013
I am interested in setting up a Ugu vegetable farm on a mini commercial scale, like on just one plot of land. If it succeeds on that scale, my inention is to go fully into the business. My questions are: Is the planting of ugu on commercial scale a profitable businees? Does ugu require particular soil types? Is it capital intensive? What is your assessment of the market demand for ugu? How long does it take ugu to mature, starting from the day it was planted? Finally, does the plant require special care or treatment for it to fluorish well? I will appreciate your reply.
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by felixzo1(m): 11:34am On Oct 01, 2013
my question is on dairy cattle. how many litres. of milk does a a cross breed between our local and foreign breed produce at. 50 percent cross. and 75percent cross.
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Leonaidas300: 12:27am On Oct 02, 2013
Would you be so kind as to give a detailed list of vaccines and time to be given for broilers, I intend to try my hands on them soon. Thanks
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 02, 2013
Leonaidas300: Would you be so kind as to give a detailed list of vaccines and time to be given for broilers, I intend to try my hands on them soon. Thanks
you need ask for vaccination schedule from your hatchery....every hatchery use to have this because they know best the type of disease that can attack there birds....even if you are not given always ask from
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 02, 2013
[quote author=condi1704][/quote]
VE SENT A MAIL TO YOU
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by omotee4u2002(m): 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
where can I get Ofada rice in bulk, please send me the data on how to get it and how much. my mail is omotee4u2002@yahoo.com. you can also send me your details (mails) cause I would like to do biz with you
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by julibaba: 5:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
My pig breeds are landrace, largewhite and duroc.

Yea where I got them is ok

Cos I saw the parent stock

I feed them from weaners for three and half month with concentrate

12 % soya
20 % maize
50% pkc and Gnc
15% brewery waste
3% lysine lime bone meal

But now incapacitated cos of the urge some of money I wasted on feeding and not attaining meaningful weight.

Got 70 weaners weaners wen I started in January and 65% of the stock is underweighT

Am now feeding dem on cassava peels, pkc and brewery waste alone
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
omotee4u2002: where can I get Ofada rice in bulk, please send me the data on how to get it and how much. my mail is omotee4u2002@yahoo.com. you can also send me your details (mails) cause I would like to do biz with you
you can visit
Ofada town in Obafemi Owode Local
Government Area of Ogun State, where
cultivation of local rice, “Ofada”, named after
the town is being produced.
or go to any market and ask from does market women who sells rice they can guide you to where you can buy it in bulk
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
Cooleasy: I am interested in setting up a Ugu vegetable farm on a mini commercial scale, like on just one plot of land. If it succeeds on that scale, my inention is to go fully into the business. My questions are: Is the planting of ugu on commercial scale a profitable businees? Does ugu require particular soil types? Is it capital intensive? What is your assessment of the market demand for ugu? How long does it take ugu to mature, starting from the day it was planted? Finally, does the plant require special care or treatment for it to fluorish well? I will appreciate your reply.
Telfairia accidentalis, commonly known as
fluted pumpkin, is a tropical leaf vegetable.
Popularly called ugu, the major problem associated with
the cultivation of fluted pumpkin, just like
other fresh farm produce, is its high level of
decay.
It is a common sight to see bunches of
decayed fluted pumpkin leaves litter many
major markets because of the dearth of
preservation facilities.
hardly can you
go to any restaurant or big hotel without
seeing a food prepared with the leaf as a
major ingredient. Ugu vegetable is by far, the most consumed
vegetable of any kind in Nigeria. An acre size
Ugu farm is capable of turning in above
N500,000 and it will take you less than
N50,000 to cultivate one acre farm of pumpkin
vegetable.
just like vegetables it can be planted on any type of land and takes about 3 month for it to flour
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
ruggedcuzz: Doc
Can you give me a full detailed analysis on how to smoke catfish?
Also I want to know the life spern of a smoked catfish
smoking of cat fish is a practical process whc cannot be explain here...it will take up most of the space I can compile a book for you on it if you give me the go ahead...smoked catfish can use up to 2-3 month depends on your method of preservation
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
felixzo1: my question is on dairy cattle. how many litres. of milk does a a cross breed between our local and foreign breed produce at. 50 percent cross. and 75percent cross.

A local breed cow can produce about one to
four litres of milk a day compared to about
10-15 litres of milk that a cross-breed can
produce a day. A 75 per cent cross-breed cow
can produce as much as 30-35 litres of milk a
day

1 Like

Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by kelvin1191(m): 6:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
doctor isa:
Telfairia accidentalis, commonly known as
fluted pumpkin, is a tropical leaf vegetable.
Popularly called ugu, the major problem associated with
the cultivation of fluted pumpkin, just like
other fresh farm produce, is its high level of
decay.
It is a common sight to see bunches of
decayed fluted pumpkin leaves litter many
major markets because of the dearth of
preservation facilities.
hardly can you
go to any restaurant or big hotel without
seeing a food prepared with the leaf as a
major ingredient. Ugu vegetable is by far, the most consumed
vegetable of any kind in Nigeria. An acre size
Ugu farm is capable of turning in above
N500,000 and it will take you less than
N50,000 to cultivate one acre farm of pumpkin
vegetable.
just like vegetables it can be planted on any type of land and takes about 3 month for it to flour

Pls can it be cultivated in a water-logged area?
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
For people interested in either crop or animal farming but have problem getting cheap land,We sell affordable land @ #150,000/acre at Oke-odan,idiroko-owode ogun state.Call Mr Gbenga on 08164628081 or for more updates on agribusiness like our page on www.facebook.com/lesgupnigeria.
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by femu(m): 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
julibaba: My pig breeds are landrace, largewhite and duroc.

Yea where I got them is ok

Cos I saw the parent stock

I feed them from weaners for three and half month with concentrate

12 % soya
20 % maize
50% pkc and Gnc
15% brewery waste
3% lysine lime bone meal

But now incapacitated cos of the urge some of money I wasted on feeding and not attaining meaningful weight.

Got 70 weaners weaners wen I started in January and 65% of the stock is underweighT

Am now feeding dem on cassava peels, pkc and brewery waste alone

this is a good but expensive ration which might not be realistic towards current market price.
Also the stomach of recently weaned pigs can't take full advantage of this ration so a lot of it will be excreted.
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by julibaba: 11:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
hello sir
i will quite appreciate if you can send me
a feed formula or alternative feed that can give reasonable result
thanks
God bless
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by princeuzoh: 3:08am On Oct 03, 2013
I am a motivational speaker on crop commercial farming. I specialized in Entrepreneurship in my Master degree
abroad. I have a commercial crop farm. i equally delivered seminars on different critical tips on
successful entrepreneurship - how to start a commercial farm business in Nigeria without
capital and how to source out cheap fund.

My cost is affordable pls.

contact me:
08185744954;
08105719317;
email: uzomma@gmail.com
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2013
yes
kelvin1191:

Pls can it be cultivated in a water-logged area?
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Ib10001: 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2013
doctor isa:
the smaller hand tractor is ok,you can also ask for the price of old compact utility tractor and compare the price.....if you dont mind the electronic Garden Sprayer is also affordable
thank u,i will like that electronic sprayer,i only use mannual sprayer,planning to buy the mechnical boom sprayer.but i will like this electronic sprayer.what battery life like.
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by 4tunebest(f): 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2013
Dr. Isa please where can I get local rice farmers(not ofada rice)? I need to purchase the intermediate product from rice paddy before it is milled and processed into white rice. Is there any one you can link me up with? Thanks
Re: Are You Into Crop Or Animal Farming,ask Questions Here by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 05, 2013
Ib10001: thank u,i will like that electronic sprayer,i only use mannual sprayer,planning to buy the mechnical boom sprayer.but i will like this electronic sprayer.what battery life like.
the battery life is superb when you get to where they sell this instruments you will definately see many mounted sprayer that are automated some uses battery and some small engines

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stainless Steel Handrails For Staircase, Balcony, Swimming Pool Side, Etc / Make International Payment Without CBN 100$ Daily Limit / A new type of banking has been introduced in Nigeria. Do you know about it?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.