Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Is The Bible Only For Believers ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Bible Only For Believers ? (4124 Views)

Question For Believers / "The Lord's Prayer" Is Not For Believers / Famous Rosary Miracles (for Believers). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by noblefada: 2:43pm On Oct 01, 2013
mazaje:

The contradictory claims of the holy spirit as presented by the christians shows it doesn't exist, remember the holy spirit is said to live in christians , it is supposed to teach, guide and explain things, is it the same holy spirit that is guiding and explaining things to Enigma and Oladegbuu that is also explaining things to you?. . .When then to you disagree ALL of the time?. . .All of you confidently and sincerely lay claim to this elusive and abstract holy spirit. . .
I don't know why you are finding hard to understand, the Spirit is perfect and inspire all the believers in the same way, but the issue now is the mind of the believer because that was not regenerated at the new birth, both one thing is common to all believer, they must believe the gospel, which is a common foundation, other learning n knowledge will now depend on the believer
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by macof(m): 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
noblefada:
I said in an earlier post that someone speak from the stand point of spirit, a way of training our minds to conform to who we are in the spirit. That's why we confessions "I love, I forgive, I'm a victor, I walk by the word", this are realities of who we are in Christ.
u forgot to add "in mental slavery"
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by plaetton: 3:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
noblefada:
I don't know why you are finding hard to understand, the Spirit is perfect and inspire all the believers in the same way, but the issue now is the mind of the believer because that was not regenerated at the new birth, both one thing is common to all believer, they must believe the gospel, which is a common foundation, other learning n knowledge will now depend on the believer

Lord have mercy!

You sir, are surely one of a kind.

Lets analyze.

1. The spirit is perfect and inspire all believers in the same (perfect)way.

2. But the issue now(what issue) is the mind of the believer because that was not regenerated at the new birth. shocked
Mind of the believer not regenerated at the new birth? shocked
What the .@#* is this guy talking about ?

3. One thing is common to all believer, they must believe the gospel.
Noted.

4. Other learning n knowledge will now depend on the believer

So , in conclusion, you are saying that the gospel is perfect, the holy spirit that guides a believer in reading the gospel is also perfect, but the problem is that believer is usually wrong? Right?
Then wtf is the usefullness of the holy spirit if all after everything, the believer is still wrong.

So it means that either the holy spirit is redundant or simple wrong most of the time.

Sometime I wonder if you think through you post before you post them.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by noblefada: 3:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
Let me use this illustration may be it will help. I remember when I ws doing a course in network engineering, part of the course was sql n we were given all the textbooks beforehand. As the time for sql was approaching we decided to read ahead, but one thing was common, though written in english, the sql language looked like Greek (I believe all programming language are if u don't have prior knowledge). So when the lesson finally started we were taught, it was no more Greek, we were now able to understand the sql language. The level of your profess in the use of the sql language now solely depended on how much time u spent studying n practicing sql. Same way the bible is a encoded book of many mysteries of Christ, the HS is the encryption key, once its decrypt the bible, you now have a whole lot of information (data), you know understand the "programming language" but the extent to which you can understand this huge amount of information is how much time u spend diligently studying the information using the key (Holy Spirit).
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by noblefada: 3:26pm On Oct 01, 2013
plaetton:

Lord have mercy!

You sir, are surely one of a kind.

Lets analyze.

1. The spirit is perfect and inspire all believers in the same (perfect)way.

2. But the issue now(what issue) is the mind of the believer because that was not regenerated at the new birth. shocked
Mind of the believer not regenerated at the new birth? shocked
What the .@#* is this guy talking about ?

3. One thing is common to all believer, they must believe the gospel.
Noted.

4. Other learning n knowledge will now depend on the believer

So , in conclusion, you are saying that the gospel is perfect, the holy spirit that guides a believer in reading the gospel is also perfect, but the problem is that believer is usually wrong? Right?
Then wtf is the usefullness of the holy spirit if all after everything, the believe is still wrong.

So it means that either the holy spirit is redundant or simple wrong most of the time.

Sometime I wonder if you think through you post before you post them.

Hey have u forgotten free will, man is not a robot, so the HS cannot force anything on the believe, that's why the element of faith is very important!
1Co 2:12-14 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
That's why xtians need to study diligently.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by mazaje(m): 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
plaetton, pls forget noblefada and his special kind of delusion, he keeps confidently spewing rubbish all of the time. . .
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by italo: 3:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
mazaje:

The contradictory claims of the holy spirit as presented by the christians shows it doesn't exist, remember the holy spirit is said to live in christians , it is supposed to teach, guide and explain things, is it the same holy spirit that is guiding and explaining things to Enigma and Oladegbuu that is also explaining things to you?. . .When then to you disagree ALL of the time?. . .All of you confidently and sincerely lay claim to this elusive and abstract holy spirit. . .

Dear friend, save your breath on this. I have got your point.

'If there are contradictory claims about something, that thing doesnt exist'--Mazaje.

Like I said before, you have a high IQ.

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by italo: 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2013
noblefada:
I said in an earlier post that someone speak from the stand point of spirit, a way of training our minds to conform to who we are in the spirit. That's why we confessions "I love, I forgive, I'm a victor, I walk by the word", this are realities of who we are in Christ.

Not to worry, dear friend.

Everyone sins. We can agree on that.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by mazaje(m): 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2013
italo:

Dear friend, save your breath on this. I have got your point.

'If there are contradictory claims about something, that thing doesnt exist'--Mazaje.

Like I said before, you have a high IQ.

Stop repeating this lie, cos that is not what I have said, the holy contradictory claims about the holy spirit specifically as presented by christians shows that it doesn't exist, i am not talking about all things but the holy spirit specifically so stop telling lies. . .Your have a very low IQ and you use it only for lying. . .
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by italo: 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2013
macof: big grammar has nothing to do wit believe or holy spirit

Whoever mentioned anything about "grammar."

Are you reading before posting?
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by macof(m): 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2013
italo:

Whoever mentioned anything about "grammar."

Are you reading before posting?
so why's this one tackling me? Jo o. Fi mi le
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by italo: 3:55pm On Oct 01, 2013
macof: according to ur Bible, the holy spirit first came to earth on the day of passover. There was never any record of anybody possessed by anything called holy spirit before Acts. Ur minds are full of illusions. Pls snap back to reality

You come here arrogantly and accuse people of all sorts. Meanwhile you dont know what you're talking about. Why dont you just shut up about what you dont know? You dont even know the difference between passover and pentecost and you're trying to teach us about the Bible.

Psalms 51:11 - Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

My advice: SHUT UP...until you know what you're talking about.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by italo: 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2013
mazaje:

Stop repeating this lie, cos that is not what I have said, the holy contradictory claims about the holy spirit specifically as presented by christians shows that it doesn't exist, i am not talking about all things but the holy spirit specifically so stop telling lies. . .Your have a very low IQ and you use it only for lying. . .

So contradictory claims about something no longer mean that thing doesnt exist?
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by plaetton: 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2013
@noblefada and Italo

The issues here are very simple. let me break them down in the simplest way. Ok

1. The words of god in scriptures are perfect.
Right?

2. One needs holy spirit guidance to read and understand them.
Right?

3. The holy spirit is perfect and is there to guide believers in understanding the scriptures.
Right?

4. Noblefada and Italo are believers who read the scriptures with guidance of the holy spirit.
Right?

5. Noblefada and Italo both read the perfect scriptures with active guidance of the perfect holy spirit, but come out with different interpretations.
Right?

So, what gives?.
Obviously there is a problem somewhere along that chain.
Which is the problem, the scriptures, the holy spirit, the mind of Nablefada or the mind of Italo?

If Noblefada's or Italo's mind was deficient (as the case may very well be. lol) , then why counldn't the holy spirit have automatically stepped in to buffer and auto-corrected this mental anomaly on the part of either Italo, Nablefada, or both?

grin cheesy
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by mazaje(m): 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2013
italo:

So contradictory claims about something no longer mean that thing doesnt exist?

Can't you read?. . Contradictory claims about the holy spirit as presented by christains shows that it is non existent. . .If you have another contradictory thing we can look at it or examine it based on its merits and see if it exist or not, but the contradictory nature of the holy spirit as presented by christians does not exist, simple. . .
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by macof(m): 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2013
italo:

You come here arrogantly and accuse people of all sorts. Meanwhile you dont know what you're talking about. Why dont you just shut up about what you dont know? You dont even know the difference between passover and pentecost and you're trying to teach us about the Bible.

Psalms 51:11 - Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

My advice: SHUT UP...until you know what you're talking about.
so my mistake for using Passover instead of pentecost means I don't know the texts of ur Bible? just don't try to change subject here. the holy spirit didn't inspire the Bible.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by mazaje(m): 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2013
plaetton: @noblefada and Italo

Right?

Right?

3. The holy spirit is perfect and is there to guide believers in understanding the scriptures.
Right?

4. Noblefada and Italo are believers who read the scriptures with guidance of the holy spirit.
Right?

5. Noblefada and Italo both read the perfect scriptures with active guidance of the perfect holy spirit, but come out with different interpretations.
Right?

So, what gives?.
Which is the problem, the scriptures, the holy spirit, the mind of Nablefada or the mind of Italo?

If Noblefada's or Italo's mind was deficient (as the case may very well be. lol) , then why counldn't the holy spirit have automatically stepped in to buffer and auto-corrected this mental anomaly on the part of either Italo, Nablefada, or both?

grin cheesy

LOL. . .No be small thing. . .
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by noblefada: 4:14pm On Oct 01, 2013
mazaje:

Stop repeating this lie, cos that is not what I have said, the holy contradictory claims about the holy spirit specifically as presented by christians shows that it doesn't exist , i am not talking about all things but the holy spirit specifically so stop telling lies. . .Your have a very low IQ and you use it only for lying. . .

This is the simple reason why we say the book is not for you, The Holy Spirit is mentioned severally in the book and He is even credited has the author, but you say categorically He doesn't exist! who should we believe you or the bible?
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by macof(m): 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
noblefada:
This is the simple reason why we say the book is not for you, The Holy Spirit is mentioned severally in the book and He is even credited has the author, but you say categorically He doesn't exist! who should we believe you or the bible?
believe the one that makes more sense
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by nnofaith: 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
noblefada:
this guy sounds like a con artist!
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by mazaje(m): 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
noblefada:

The elusive holy spirit is not the author of anything. . .Pls just pray to the holy spirit and tell him to end the squabble between you and italo already so that we will know that it exist in reality and not in the figment of your imagination. . .
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by italo: 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2013
mazaje:

Can't you read?. . Contradictory claims about the holy spirit as presented by christains shows that it is non existent. . .If you have another contradictory thing we can look at it or examine it based on its merits and see if it exist or not, but the contradictory nature of the holy spirit as presented by christians does not exist, simple. . .

Contradictory claims about something MEANS the thing doesnt exist...or it DOESNT NECESSARILY mean it doesnt exist.

Which one is it?
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by italo: 4:45pm On Oct 01, 2013
macof: so my mistake for using Passover instead of pentecost means I don't know the texts of ur Bible? just don't try to change subject here. the holy spirit didn't inspire the Bible.

You dont want me to change topic but you want me to discuss the topic with someone who doesnt know a thing of the topic or what he is talking about, abi.

You said with all arrogance and ignorance that the Bible didnt mention the Holy Spirit being on earth until Acts. We have shown you two out of many verses that show that you are like the 'empty vessel' making much noise.

Please, just shut up.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by italo: 4:48pm On Oct 01, 2013
plaetton: @noblefada and Italo

Right?

Right?

Right?

Right?

Right?

So, what gives?.

grin cheesy

The problem is YOU. You always make wrong assumptions.

Much of what you listed are not my views.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by macof(m): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2013
italo:

You dont want me to change topic but you want me to discuss the topic with someone who doesnt know a thing of the topic or what he is talking about, abi.

You said with all arrogance and ignorance that the Bible didnt mention the Holy Spirit being on earth until Acts. We have shown you two out of many verses that show that you are like the 'empty vessel' making much noise.

Please, just shut up.
bottomline ur religion is useless
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by italo: 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2013
macof: bottomline ur religion is useless
I wont be offended because it is clear that you talk, then think.

I will take this as one of your arrogant but ignorant statements.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by plaetton: 6:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
italo:

Pray tell, which ones ,from 1 to 5 are the wrong assumptions?
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by frank317: 6:32pm On Oct 01, 2013
italo:

Lol, how I wish u critically analyzed his post to the understanding of a layman. but don't worry, I wasn't dissapointed that u had nothing to say beacause there nothing to say except making up meaninless statement to make ur God look valid.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by italo: 6:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
plaetton:

Pray tell, which ones ,from 1 to 5 are the wrong assumptions?

I'd rather go this way.

The topic of discussion is the relationship between believing and understanding the Bible.

I have given my views regarding that. What do you say about them?
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by frank317: 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2013
italo:

I'd rather go this way.

The topic of discussion is the relationship between believing and understanding the Bible.

I have given my views regarding that. What do you say about them?

Lol, this guy, u should be a politician.

Pls read the assumptions he clearly explained and critically respond to it. He had to go through that lenght because of ur ealier explanation of the perfectness of holyspirit, and claiming he was ignorant of what it actually does. Can u pls give us a clear picture of the HS and its role in the life of christians, given point 1-5 he raised?
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by italo: 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2013
frank3.16:

Lol, how I wish u critically analyzed his post to the understanding of a layman. but don't worry, I wasn't dissapointed that u had nothing to say beacause there nothing to say except making up meaninless statement to make ur God look valid.

Wetin dis one dey talk? undecided
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by frank317: 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
italo:

Wetin dis one dey talk? undecided

Lol, he has nothing to say, as usual.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is The False Prophet Talked About In Revelation 20:10? / Mavenbox & Deepsight's Exegeses: The Rudiments Of Salvation (in "christianity"). / Why You Should Honor God’s Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.