Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

The Realities Of Today, The Worse Nightmare Of The Future Generation. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Realities Of Today, The Worse Nightmare Of The Future Generation. (913 Views)

Why Is Father Mbaka Silent In The Face Of These Harsh Economic Realities? / Pics Of The Boko Haram Members Killed Today & The Foreign Currency Recovered / Photos From The Scene Of Today's Riot In Oshodi,Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Realities Of Today, The Worse Nightmare Of The Future Generation. by Krisddon: 10:36pm On Sep 29, 2013
The ill events unfolding everyday in our society, remind me of the song titled "i don't wana go down there" by the sensational singer 2face didbia featuring Sway. Believe me, if you were actually given the chance before your birth to choose your nationality, you would have opted for a relatively better place. The more you complain, the worse things get and in relating today to yesterday, one would almost be tempted to wish the hand of time could really be turned and there you choose yesterday over today but God forbid that my yesterday becomes better than my today cos i pray for better days. At individual level, we all pass through hurdles at one time or the other of our lives but the most important thing is how we strategically amass and effectively position ideas geared towars conquering our limitations or adversities as it does not matter how many times you fall, but your ability to stand up each time you fall. At the group level, we try to submerge our collective ideas like the waters to ensure we overflood our common enemy. Yes! The stumbling block wedging our economic growth and development.
Ever since i started developing the sense of maturity, in terms of knowing what life entails, i noticed that the average family in Nigeria respond thus "we are managing" when asked how they are doing, it was so serious that i was begining to think that studying management in school was a huge profligacy and even as it is now, it appears the the "we are managing syndrome" could be better than toworrow's language if care is not taken. I say this because the current events unfolding everyday is putting the country in the stste of political, economic and social oscillation. The politics is characterised by animosity, propaganda, calumny and all sorts of political shenanigans. Politicking following what i see as elderly rascality staged by the so called G-7 governors coupled with the threats of war from all angles is now thwarting governance according to deputy senate president Ikekwere Mmadu. This is seen in the manner in which the Baraje faction of People's democratic party (PDP) engages the presidency in cut throat rivary to vanquish in the most vied manner this has been persistedly making the daily headlines with sub captions as "ASUU strike continues and either the federal government FG is accusing ASUU of insincerity or the later is accusing the former, like little children pointing accusing fingers at each other in dodging a blame. What a shameful situation! The students have almost lost hope. Meanwhile, Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics ASUP reportedly threatend to resume its suspended strike by friday, Nigerian Union of Teachers NUT at the other end of the line are more so, threatening to join ASUU in a solidarity strike. All these are happening at the time when kidnap is on the increase in the south-east and the south-west, Boko Haram out of cawardice are otiosely intensifying their offensive on daily basis on innocent citizens in the north and grounding the economic activities in the north. Senator Yerima who was also reportedly not to have performed well in his 8years as a governor of Zamfara state and even as a serving senator could only endorse child's marriage which has been signed into law the economy is apparently oscillating into abysmal sepulchre yet the minister claims that it's all good whereas some governors who couldn't endure, broke the silence and are said to haved complained about not reaceiving their monthly allocations for about two or three months now. The whole situation is so embarrassing, but i have the instinct that if the president was given the breathing space, he would have concentrated and performed better. Northerners have been formidably forced to use all sorts of mechanism to launch political kamikaze against the president all in the bid to reclaim power, just 4years out of power, they are whimpering as if they are under severe stavation. Well, i'm taking side because personally, i have not benefited anything from any government both previous and the present but let's call a spade a spade. The north have so much been in power and i wonder why a people in a plural society as Nigeria have sworn to rule others ever, God has bleesed Nigeria so the problems we are facing today are man made and can easily be resolved if the leaders are willing. We are not at war like Syria, Libya, Egypt etc. Yet 70% of Nigeria's population feeds from hand to mouth and this problem didn't just develop within the past four years, they are accumulated problems and are being worsened by some set of elite who nurture the same ideology with the uneducated. Though there's no country of the world without one or two issues bothering them but not as it is in Nigeria that one side is becoming the problem of all. With all these, i guess you wouldn't have wanted to come down here but now that you are here, don't let any body use you against the other so try and avoid any act capable of leading us to war.

(1) (Reply)

No Ideological Difference Between APC, PDP, Says Balarabe Musa / Scamming Female Drivers / How Military, Police Aid Oil Thieves - Shell •says Nigeria Loses $1bn Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.