Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Should A Different Board Be Created For Series? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Should A Different Board Be Created For Series? (834 Views)

*** / Having A Different Perception Of Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Different Board Be Created For Series? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 2:42am On Sep 30, 2013
I don't know if anyone has brought this up but I felt this is a suggestion that I had to make; mainly because it affects me but also because I've noticed it affects others too. I've noticed that quite a number of times, I post a story here and before I can say jack, it has gone down the board. Now for a story to come back up to the top where it is easily visible to board visitors, it needs comments and the only threads that get regular comments here are series because the authors update frequently. However, in the case of short story writers who have to post their story just once or poetry posts and the like, except someone comments on your thread pretty soon, it quickly gets sucked down by the mass of updated series.

Now while I have been extremely fortunate that on a number of occasions, some of my stories have made the front page (meaning more exposure and comments), not everybody else gets that lucky. And there are times I post stories and they don't make the front page. In such situation, it might not be because people are not interested in what we have written; it's just that the regularly updated series just drown out single posts for short stories, poetry and the likes.

So i'm suggesting that either the series be moved to a different board created under the literature board where they can compete for views against each other (and even in the process, motivate writers to update their stories much more regularly) or a different board be created for other types of posts while the series remain on the main literature board. There are now so many series on the main board that nearly everybody thinks any story posted on this board should have an update. I've posted stories here and i've been asked for updates and I don't know how to explain that there's where the story ended; no updates.

So mods, please and other board members, what do you guys think? Should there be a different board for series?

1 Like

Re: Should A Different Board Be Created For Series? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
Okay, no response from any quarters after several hours. Apparently, not enough people on this board are being affected by this to warrant a discussion. Mods, please close the thread.
Re: Should A Different Board Be Created For Series? by VanTee20(m): 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi: Okay, no response from any quarters after several hours. Apparently, not enough people on this board are being affected by this to warrant a discussion. Mods, please close the thread.

The idea is very good. I think you'll get a faster response if you mention it at Mynd's office, I mean the complaint thread.

1 Like

Re: Should A Different Board Be Created For Series? by Mynd44: 10:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
VanTee20:

The idea is very good. I think you'll get a faster response if you mention it at Mynd's office, I mean the complaint thread.
I will forward the suggestion ot the appropriate quarters
Re: Should A Different Board Be Created For Series? by Seun(m): 10:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
A@mynd44: what do you think about the idea?
Re: Should A Different Board Be Created For Series? by Mynd44: 10:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
Seun: A@mynd44: what do you think about the idea?
It is a good idea. I think it is laudable and we can make it work .

But we should not start a new sub-section for series, we should start a sub-section for short stores and the mods here (Obinnau and I) will move the short stories from the main literature section there.
Re: Should A Different Board Be Created For Series? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mynd_44:

But we should not start a new sub-section for series, we should start a sub-section for short stores and the mods here (Obinnau and I) will move the short stories from the main literature section there.

Much better then! Thanks for the response! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Should A Different Board Be Created For Series? by Mynd44: 10:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

Much better then! Thanks for the response! smiley smiley smiley
Japanese guy.....

Well lets see how it goes
Re: Should A Different Board Be Created For Series? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 30, 2013
I concur
Re: Should A Different Board Be Created For Series? by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 01, 2013
Mynd_44:

Now u can its a good idea Abi, when I was clamouring for a Christian section under religion... u dis same mynd was saying no no no... God is watching
Re: Should A Different Board Be Created For Series? by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 01, 2013
ledafaze:

Now u can its a good idea Abi, when I was clamouring for a Christian section under religion... u dis same mynd was saying no no no... God is watching
you are right in the part that we are many but wrong because the unbelievers would not see what we teach if we start opening threads privately

1 Like

Re: Should A Different Board Be Created For Series? by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 01, 2013
Divepen:
you are right in the part that we are many but wrong because the unbelievers would not see what we teach if we start opening threads privately

Yeah... ure right but do u like d idea of how they turned it to what it is? Now some say it's now a devil's tool as more anti Christ's post surface now and then... and any true thread, they come in to derail and confuse young minds.

May God help us all.

Ciao
Re: Should A Different Board Be Created For Series? by Sangarara: 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2013
Agreed, but for your short story case where guys are asking for your updates, you must had ended the story with likelihood of continuity.

(1) (Reply)

Mr Popular / The Day I Died - AKINWALE AKINYOADE / The Bucket List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.