Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,227 members, 7,860,443 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:06 AM

Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help (22657 Views)

Corpers' Protest At Government House In Bayelsa Over Non Payment Of Allowance / Bayelsa Youth Corpers Protesting Over Their Pending Allowance Payment (Photos) / Cultists Machete Female NYSC Member In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by MrChris1(m): 6:16pm On Oct 01, 2013
May GOD help her. It doesn't take a genius to know the reasons for the establishment of NYSC has been long tarnished. But because of greed, they have refused to scrap this Blood Sucking Exercise they call NYSC. GOD HELP US

3 Likes

Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by skyscraperTM(m): 6:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
eehya¡ the lord is her strength| the quy do don dey beq her to date am tay-tay buh the lady no gree, na when the konji com hook am nai the quy com react¡
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
Omg.pls help her o God
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by bigl: 6:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
If 1million Nigerians can donate 1, 000, that's N1Billion. That will take adequate care of her medical expenses without wahala. But waiting for govt or italian folks wil do nothing to her case
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by bejeria101(m): 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2013
MojiDelano: It is with great pain in my heart that I write this post.
Yesterday, I got a very sad email from friends of Folakemi Akinbode(pictured above), the corper nurse whose head was almost chopped off by cultists in Yenogua Bayelsa as she served her father land through youth service. By sheer providence she escaped death, but not unscarred. The cultists who aimed for her neck almost chopped off her arm.
Read comprehensive reports about the incident HERE and HERE.
When the news broke and went viral, An Italian firm that remains unknown promised to step in and take up the matter. Government was also quick to step in(or so we thought) as it was announced on various mediums that she will be flown abroad where the arm will be properly treated, and hopefully salvaged.Considering that the incident happened as she served her country, it was an a very welcome development when government and and the Italian Firm promised to foot her medical bill.

But lo and behold! I got the email below from her friends saying that NOTHING has been done by government or any Italian firm till date. In fact, Folakemi's health continues to deteriorate as she groans in growing, excruciating pain daily. As this rate, the probability that her arm will be saved lies solely in God's hands. However, it is her life that should be feared for now, not even just arm.

At the moment, Her friends and hospital sources at Niger Delta teaching hospital where she is presently on admission say that she has been moved from intensive care to the GENERAL WARD. She no longer receives adequate treatment the arm deserves.

See the unedited email I got from her friends below:
[/sup]

From all indication, we can no longer rely on a lying Government to save Folakemi's life.
This is why I call on all well meaning, kind hearted Nigerians, to come to Folakemi's aid. Folakemi could be our friend, sister or neighbor. This could happen to anyone.
Daily, many Nigerian youths risk their lives(as most have no choice) despite the chaotic security state of the nation, through the National youth service, and many have lost their lives in the process. Sadly most times as in this case, the government turns a blind eye.
I implore you ll to please come to Folakemi's aid once again. Please publicize her story so that Government,people in high places as well as private individuals who can help may rise to the occasion as soon as possible.

TIME IS OF ESSENCE, PLEASE!

To help please call these numbers:

[sup]08038357412

Thank you!!!

The photos below were taken on Sunday 29th of September 2013:
http://mojidelano..com/2013/09/a-cry-for-help-please-lets-save-nurse.html
pls put up a bank detail that can be used,calling those numbers also take time we must act now
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by creativemusic: 7:08pm On Oct 01, 2013
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by slimzey: 7:14pm On Oct 01, 2013
tellwisdom: Na because of broken hand she wan fly comot for country?? sad..She never enter plane before??
what rubbish r u saying uncle. Na wah 2 u .
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Jessdarl(f): 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2013
tellwisdom: Na because of broken hand she wan fly comot for country?? sad..She never enter plane before??
Ewu Hausa!
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by KKImoh: 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
My heart bleeds' , reading this got my eyes wit tears, why would human do this 2anoda? Why would u promise to help and fail 2do it? Why would u shatter someones hope&aspiration? Why would u serve yr country and the result u get is a dangling arm? MY FAITH GOES OUT TO HER AND HER FAMILY, BE STRONG.
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
Op, I advise you put a bank account and number there for anonymous donors like me... If not, am not calling any number. I want it there so that if am scammed or any nairalander is scammed, at least, there will be name to hold responsible which all nairalanders have seen! Love and prayers to her though!!
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by makazona(m): 7:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
i am a corper in the same Bayelsa.thus,i call on all corps members under our reach to mobilise themselves for a solution to this..dont worry miss.it shall be well
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 01, 2013

I've noticed you to always be very stuppid in ur comments here. Keep it up! It's ur destiny! Fool.

@topic, that op didnt write the appealdb very well. What's the need of providing phone nos. when the money could be paid directly into any account? Make provision for account details.

@victim, nothing shall happen to you. Money must not be a problem. You are safe already! Thank you Jesus.
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by ganiyheart(f): 7:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
its only Almighty dat heals........get well soon dear
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by OOLUSOGA(m): 8:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
otijah: Silver and Gold have I none, only jesus. I pray that he meets ur needs amen.
God will take good care of u. u will have a unusual touch from God tonight.
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by andyanders: 8:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
This government is very insensitive to the common man that was why I am an advocate to scrapping the NYSC because it has brought more sorrow than good to the youths of this country. If this young lady could be allowed to stay in Nigeria till today shows that even our president's claim of serving this country is questionable. I was thinking by now that this lady's issue must have been resolved and she is back to her life than reading from this medium that she has been left to her faith.

So, even NYSC cannot fly this young lady for treatment? Let the youths of this country fight to stop this useless NYSC since nothing is achieved out of this than sorrow, pain and anguish. After serving, you will be thrown into unemployment and left to look for job for years while our leaders after stealing from the public set up companies with their ill-gotten money for their children yet unborn.
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Rejoice5000(f): 8:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
Government and the so called Italian firm why are they lying Just weeping,GOD PLS PLS BLESS ME, BLESS THOSE THAT HAVE A HEART OF HELPING THOSE THAT ARE IN NEED.NOT JUST WRITING AD SEND AM SAYING THIS FROM MY HEART.
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by agehero13(f): 8:46pm On Oct 01, 2013
I still cant believe dis happened in bayelsa
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
free2ryhme: it is shame that this is one of the gruesome humiliation someone has to endure all in the name of serving your father land.. I dont blame those call for the scrapping of the NYSC

PPLE SHOULD EVEN DO BETTER
REFUSE TO GO
IF I WAS A FRESH GRADUATE RIGHT NOW I WONT SERVE
ILL TAKE MY CHANCES

1 Like

Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
Plz Help Her..cox i know very well dat dier are many rich ppl here on Nairaland...Ermm guys @ the Auto Section dat sells luxury rides,corper also needz ur help..4 me i got nothing buh prayerz 2 offer "THE PRAYER OF THE RIGHTEOUS AVAILETH MUCH!"..*Get Well Soon*
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by klbakare(m): 9:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
shegzy06:
Hey!!! Don't just jump into conclusion like dat, sometin like dis can as well happen to her if she's not serving... I just pray God in his Infinite mercy will always protect us... God pls help dis young lady, she's too young to lose her arm..
but @least if she aint serving, d govt is not gonna be blamed.once you re a copper the govt shud be responsible for evritin dat happens to u.both federal and the state where u re serving...n by the way i think she is receiving treatments @ d hospital where she has been serving.and seeing hw critical her situation is,was she supposed to be moved frm intensive unit to the general ward?that is nigeria for u.

1 Like

Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 01, 2013
cry cry aish
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by CGKing(m): 9:53pm On Oct 01, 2013
Oh my God, she almost died!!! Thank God o. I wish there was something I can do for you o. I really wish. If I had the financial power, these kind of things will never pass me by.
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by olumuyiolaoluwa: 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2013
Pathetic.
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by delpee(f): 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2013
This is disgraceful. Neither Bayelsa govt nor NYSC has been able to do anything!
May God heal her thoroughly.

Account No please , so some of us can chip in our widows mite. Tiny drops of water make the ocean. The phone idea is not the best.
How about NL charity team?
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Christmasdon(m): 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
Nna ehh! O dikwa egwu. O!
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by jayplect(m): 10:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
kingthreat: Let the Bayelsa state government take charge of this. She deserves it as wshe worked in the state university teaching hospital. As for the cultists, thieves or whatever the lunatics are, their next mission will yield their demise.
Amen In Jesus Name!!!
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Krisddon: 11:25pm On Oct 01, 2013
Was it not the same corp member i read in the news that the state government had flown her abroad for medical treatments? God will never forgive the state gov't if the news was false!
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by emmanuelanjili(m): 12:12am On Oct 02, 2013
May God heal her completely.
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 02, 2013
@op please try to find out the exact amount needed to start some treatment on her.

If we really want to save her life, you can't use only nairaland. You have to use the most powerful social network. USE YOUTUBE. As for me I will broadcast dis on my BBM and whatsapp. Please HURRY AND MAKE AN SOS YOUTUBE VIDEO
GOD THE I AM BLESS FOLAKEMI AKINBODE
Re: Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help by BecaciaBarbie(f): 5:09am On Oct 02, 2013
#1-stunner:
This is so sad and some people are busy looting billions of naira and spending dem on meaningless parties.... Folakemi You will not die but live to keep declaring God's glory in Your life sad embarassed i rili wish i could help
Amennnn!!! God will have mercy on her and she find favour in His Sight!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Callup Letter 2015 Batch B : How To Check It / Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! / Nysc Stream 2 2016 Call Up Letter Officially Out For Printing *PICTURE*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.