Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

COZA Experiences Mass Reduction In Attendance Of Worshippers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COZA Experiences Mass Reduction In Attendance Of Worshippers (1070 Views)

COZA Member Reacts To Pastor's New Porsche / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Of COZA In Sex Scandal / Christ Embassy Explains N1000 Gate Fee: “to Limit The Huge Number Of Worshippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COZA Experiences Mass Reduction In Attendance Of Worshippers by Kaymisola(f): 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
Smite the shepherd and the sheep will flee”. This biblical injunction vividly captures the ongoing scenario at the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly, COZA.
The name COZA became a ‘street anthem’ a few months back following a shocking confession by one Ese Walter, an ex-member of the church of her week-long sexual escapade with the senior pastor of the church, Abiodun Fatoyinbo. However, since then, the pastor has neither come out to refute or accept the allegation, but claimed that he was still waiting for God’s order.
While many still doubt the authenticity of the allegations, some light-hearted members of COZA are gradually leaving the church. During a recent visit to the Lagos branch of the church, situated in Maryland, Ikeja, it was found that many aggrieved members and deacons have left the church since the authority of the church decided to sweep the matter under the carpet.
When our correspondent inquired from a member why the church looked so empty on a Sunday, he was told the population of the church was reducing drastically on weekly bases.
“I think this started not quiet long. Last week was even the worst; you could see empty seats everywhere,” the fair complexioned female member said.
Asked if the man of God had come out to deny or admit the allegation, the member said they’ve warned them never to talk about it anywhere, until he (Pastor Abiodun) hears from God.
“I think this is one of the reasons many members are leaving. The church authority had warned us never to talk about the issue until the man of God speaks, and I think many are beginning to find it hard to believe.”
His members had since called on the pastor to come clean on the adultery allegations, but he prefers to remain silent until God says otherwise.
Our sources revealed that the church stands divided because of the incident. While many insisted that the pastor should speak out, others are of the opinion that since God asked him to keep quite, he should wait until he says otherwise.
A member was quoted as saying, “God can’t ask you to keep quiet in this matter because his name is at stake too. The church of God is being accused here and the same God is telling him to keep quiet? That is immaterial, I can’t accept that.” http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/09/coza-experiences-mass-reduction-in.html
Re: COZA Experiences Mass Reduction In Attendance Of Worshippers by twogood: 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
This kind of thing can make faithful members leave, and spectators wanting to see the pastor and his church, come in.
If he confesses his sins, he'll be condemned by people so maybe that's y he confessed to God and has since continued business.
His silence on the matter seems to me like consent. What do you guys want to hear again? Do you sincerely want a confession to forgive and accept him or a confession to say 'what, a whole pastor?' and then you stone him till he's dead?
Re: COZA Experiences Mass Reduction In Attendance Of Worshippers by hydrochic: 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
So where did the other members go to exactly? undecided
Re: COZA Experiences Mass Reduction In Attendance Of Worshippers by flolancracker: 3:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
grin loool I saw that coming
Re: COZA Experiences Mass Reduction In Attendance Of Worshippers by Dereformer(m): 4:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
Any pastor that lays much emphasis on or cares much about his dressing is a potential womanizer. period.

That impostor is guilty as charged.
Re: COZA Experiences Mass Reduction In Attendance Of Worshippers by otipoju(m): 6:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
The reason why the Bible has not lust its allure over the centuries is because it is brutally honest. It bares it all.

Long and short the Man lacks integrity. No one is beyond falling into temptation, but when you are found wanting as a leader, the honorable,humble and wise thing to do is to admit your error and face the consequences rather than try to bamboozle us (whatever that means) with " God says I should not say anything" format, which to the discerning mind confirms that you are a fraud.

If this report is true then I am not suprised. Things have just followed the natural order of cause and effect.

Saddening all the same.Great lesson for me in particular.
Re: COZA Experiences Mass Reduction In Attendance Of Worshippers by Redoil: 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
Strike the sherpard and the sheep will scatare. Ese walter.
Re: COZA Experiences Mass Reduction In Attendance Of Worshippers by cyrexx: 8:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
Behold how a great empire is taken down by just a single woman.....

Reminds me of Samson and Delilah story...

(1) (Reply)

Why Many Christians Will Miss The Rapture / In Indonesia, Taking Selfie Is Haram For Women! / The Problem Of Religious Censorship In The Nigerian Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.