Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,998 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduate 53RD INDEPENDENCE Message by The N.C - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / National Association Of Unemployed Graduate 53RD INDEPENDENCE Message by The N.C (1124 Views)

Independence Message / Google.ng Celebrates Nigeria's 53rd Independence With A Doodle / Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduate 53RD INDEPENDENCE Message by The N.C by ehixking(m): 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
AS WE CELEBRATE OUR 53RD INDEPENDENCE, I Ehis Abuya the national coordinator of National Association of Unemployed graduates (NAUG) want us all to take a moment and journey back memory lane. Let us look back at history and see how far we have come (from where) and where we shall be in the nearest future. Since our independence in 1960, today, I must say welcome from an age long trip.
Nigeria became a country in 1914 and Nigeria remains the most populous and dominant socio-economic entity in Africa, yet our human resources are either exported or treated like a piece of dirty rag.
Like a mirage it is to me if we are still slaves or free men. I believe our state of perpetual unemployment makes us worse than slaves. Slaves in those days were productive, slaves earned money, had more than enough to eat and even owned properties, the only difference is the physical body damages. 
What else could be worse for us if they call us free men yet we can't walk to the National Assembly and make our voices heard? Which pain could be greater than watch a few people less than 5% feed fat on our national revenue while masses live their lives like animals? Basically, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has a criteria of rating development and human capital is the greatest of all. We have numerous graduates in Nigeria yet we allow them “run for their lives” or “run abroad” or whichever way you would like to put it. Greener pastures my foot when even Philippines,germans, Indians even ghanians and so many foreigners come here and set up big companies and farms, employ graduates only to pay them peanuts and use them like they've got no qualifications. 
Graduates are not just able-bodied men you can just pick up from the street. Each time I travel through our express ways, I weep in my heart like a broken-hearted lady guilty of infidelity. I weep like a helpless child after the pains of birth or like that of a mother in labour. That is how much my heart aches. 
You must be thinking about the bad roads but no way. I weep when I see thousand of thousands of hectares of virgin land yet to be cultivated. I weep when I see lands that can be use for farms and productive businesses been converted to prayer grounds where youth and healthy men and women who ought to be working,  there praying  and fasting for miraculous jobs on a cool windy Monday morning to fall from heaven.
Sleeping giants! At what time should we wake up? Isn't the honeymoon over yet? Men are scared of getting married; young ladies are going for men of their father’s age just to break the feathers of poverty. It’s so unfortunate that these issues affect us all, yet we are scared to make our voices echo resoundingly into the stone deaf ears of our leaders. 
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) apart from human capital development states some basic facilities that must be in place before a country can be considered as developed....very simple 
1) Education 
2) Health 
3) Food 
4) Shelter
I must confess to all Nigerians that none of these is basic in Nigeria, but luxury. Our leaders claim they are trying, well they think so because instead of engaging in economic development plans they are all involve in economic growth so it would manifest as fast as my eye would blink so that people can see and vote them in for a second term. 
The rate of increase in per capital income increases yearly in Nigeria but no visible economic development. Politicians and our leaders only engage in economic growth for political reasons, so we would say it’s for national pride. Well, how about human welfare? How about jobs for graduates? Their entire economic growth project doesn't account for good quality of life, freedom or leisure.
We spend a lot building a house for the vice president.
We spend so much on international sport participation and pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia and Jerusalem, while the people of Kurfi Local Government of Katsina have no shoes on their feet nor “Tuwo” in the belly.
Well known companies donate to international footballers to do their jobs, yet they can't create industries for us to work. The solution to scraping unemployment in Nigeria is industrialisation and mechanised agricultural production. OK! We don't need white collar jobs. We the Nigerian youths are ready to work on farms and be paid according to our qualifications, we want to work with our hands as entrepreneurs we need enabling environments !!
The National Association of Unemployed Graduates hereby sees all these problems as inhumane and as problems that can easily be solved through using our brains. Our constitution has numerous aims and objectives, different visions and mission but all can be summarised as follows.
"To remove bottlenecks and create a situation of full employment for all graduates, and enhance socio-economic stability in Nigeria." 
Let us wake up and arise now, or remain fallen..
Happy Independence only to those willing to join the struggle against unemployment!
Join us on Facebook and Twitter
www.facebook.com/naugnigeria@naijagraduates
Ehis Abuya
National Coordinator (NAUG)

3 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduate 53RD INDEPENDENCE Message by The N.C by 1forall: 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
Good message. But I thought you've agreed on a new name?

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduate 53RD INDEPENDENCE Message by The N.C by DoubleFaith(m): 5:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
Advance and attack...

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduate 53RD INDEPENDENCE Message by The N.C by Darammliveth(m): 6:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
Huh! Well said bro. Am tired of dz our so called RULERS. We youth sud go out der jst in front of d so called eagles square and protest lack of jod opportunity for youth

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduate 53RD INDEPENDENCE Message by The N.C by Yusphull(m): 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
We will not waver; we will not relent;
we will not falter, and we will not
fail until they hear our cry, feel our pains and make sure what we are agitating for prevail.

Keep up the good work bro, the sky is not even our limit... More ink to your PEN

You are indeed a true leader.....

Long Live our Association

Long Live Nigeria

#peace#

@mod ....Front Page Please

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduate 53RD INDEPENDENCE Message by The N.C by cdoffx(m): 8:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
Great one there from an intelligent and visionary leader. Mr Ehis Ebuya.
This is to whoever is holding any public office in the Nigerian government "Industrialize Nigeria and jobs will be more than enough while true development will fly in with the speed of light."

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduate 53RD INDEPENDENCE Message by The N.C by ehixking(m): 8:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
Our website is gonna be lauched tomorrow

In short as early as 12 AM

Take note
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduate 53RD INDEPENDENCE Message by The N.C by wexcko(m): 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
We realy need Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊Your support for our voice to be heard,talk to someone about it today and you will see us winning this race together....long live NAUG,long live Nigeria...VickyT
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduate 53RD INDEPENDENCE Message by The N.C by LoveKing(m): 10:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
this is silly. why is the convener not unemployed? dont you think running even an ngo is a form of employment/work whatever you call it. you aint real
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduate 53RD INDEPENDENCE Message by The N.C by Yusphull(m): 11:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
LoveKing: this is silly. why is the convener not unemployed? dont you think running even an ngo is a form of employment/work whatever you call it. you aint real

I can't blame you because people like you are the ones complaining bitterly (within urself) about their present predicaments and conditions...

NB:
"If we cut up beasts simply because they cannot prevent us and because we are backing our own side in the struggle for existence, it is only logical to cut up imbeciles, enemies and nincompoop for the same reasons"

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduate 53RD INDEPENDENCE Message by The N.C by ehixking(m): 12:37am On Oct 01, 2013
www.naug.tk

The official site

Join us to register now

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduate 53RD INDEPENDENCE Message by The N.C by yemi2plus(m): 7:56am On Oct 01, 2013
A Poem For Nigeria

I sat here and watched,
As a child grown into a lady,
Many suitors now approach her,
I remembered and I smiled,
I laughed and I cried,
As she celebrated again.

Happy 53 birthday Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduate 53RD INDEPENDENCE Message by The N.C by ehixking(m): 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2013
This message is for today
This is how we intend celebrating this
And if MOD no take am go front page well

May God be with you guys cos the other message I saw about independence on the front page is not what we all know our country to be
Let's call a spade a spade

FRONT page for the whole wide world to see
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduate 53RD INDEPENDENCE Message by The N.C by Yusphull(m): 6:49am On Oct 02, 2013
ehixking: This message is for today
This is how we intend celebrating this
And if MOD no take am go front page well

May God be with you guys cos the other message I saw about independence on the front page is not what we all know our country to be
Let's call a spade a spade

FRONT page for the whole wide world to see

Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds...

This is part of those things because with the rate we are moving now, I don't think any moderator in his right sense should see anything about this noble association and still keep it from the whole world to see talkless of a speech that encapsulate the whole scenario that's been happening in this country and a possible solution to it but if it is those "CRAPs" you won't be told before taking it to front page..smh

SEUN plss look into this...

Go bless Nigeria

#peace#

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Thunder Fire Sexkillz For Banning Me / Save A Soul - Victor Obinna Anokwuru Needs N8 Million Naira For Kidney Transplan / Happy Birthday To All December(1st) Born!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.