Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

What Percentage Of Your Total Package (Salary) Is Tax? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Percentage Of Your Total Package (Salary) Is Tax? (1184 Views)

What Percentage Of Your Salary Should Be Allotted To Accommodation? / You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much / The Hard Truth About Your Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Percentage Of Your Total Package (Salary) Is Tax? by laidback(m): 9:21am On Jun 27, 2008
We keep hearing various sums from different companies as renumeration. I really want to know what precisely is the percentage given to tax? Is it dependent on industry, on entry level, company etc? What are the parameters involved in its calculation? Would an entry level in chevron pay the same tax as an entry level in accenture for instance?

Please let some knowledgeable folks reply here. A brother needs to plan!!! Thanks
Re: What Percentage Of Your Total Package (Salary) Is Tax? by laidback(m): 11:19am On Jun 28, 2008
Ok i'm not asking for a detailed, United-States-Tax-Attorney-breakdown of the prevailing tax scheme. So nairalanders dont be scared to drop a line (actually drop more than a line thanks) on the matter. wink

I'm sure some people - who've been working for a while- on seeing this thread are only thinking 'bout working out what they pay as tax for the first time. NIGERIAAA
Re: What Percentage Of Your Total Package (Salary) Is Tax? by cataline: 7:59am On Jul 01, 2008
According to the standard tax rumeneration 20% of your total package is taxed i.e including your leave allowance i.e if you earn 3Million (total package) per annum you will pay 600000 as tax for the year that's the standard but you know the way our country works some do not go according to standard.

But for the multinationals in the country the stick to that because they would not want to get into problems in Nigeria.That's why someone working with an indigenous coy can tell you they do not pay so much as tax he is just not informed.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Total Package (Salary) Is Tax? by laidback(m): 10:08am On Jul 01, 2008
cataline:

According to the standard tax rumeneration 20% of your total package is taxed i.e including your leave allowance i.e if you earn 3Million (total package) per annum you will pay 600000 as tax for the year that's the standard but you know the way our country works some do not go according to standard.

But for the multinationals in the country the stick to that because they would not want to get into problems in Nigeria.That's why someone working with an indigenous coy can tell you they do not pay so much as tax he is just not informed.

Thank you O! jare. And i've been making projections based on a 35% tax scheme. Pheeew!

(1) (Reply)

Are You Addicted To The Career Section? / Nigerian Defence Academy Second Batch 2014 Nda 66th Regular Course Result Is Out / Info About Wagpco.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.