Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,575 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State (13653 Views)

Tinubu’s Massive Looting Of Lagos Uncovered…the Chagoury, Remi Tinubu Connection / See A Photo Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Mother Who's Linked To Diezani's Looting / Tinubu’s Massive Looting Of Lagos Uncovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by Gbawe: 6:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
kaze4blues: Using osogbo as case study because that is where I leave, modern mega schools are now under construction with most almost completed all through osogbo.

Although it is true that scholls are been merged together, but it is in the interests of the students because hitherto those students receive lectures in filthy environments with most of their classrooms dilapidated and unconducive. But now they are transferred to newly built classrooms which gives them more comfort.

Also the distribution of opon imo is being done on daily basis in different zones of the state and by november it will be completed.

Healthcare has also been given a boost by aregbesola. I went to the state general hospital @ asubiaro few weeks back and I must confess there were improvements in the delivery of services compared to the past. There are now sufficient doctors and nurses on ground to attend to patients. Drugs are also now available.

What more can I say.....the opposition will always find faults with aregbe's tenure.

Aregbesola is indeed god-sent to osun after 7 years of pdp under-performance

Thank you. Nothing more to add.
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by Atouke: 6:25pm On Oct 01, 2013
eGureilla: Nowhere has it ever been reported that the tablet will be distributed to 1 million students, so you clearly need to maintain a sense of proportion here.

I have questions of my own regarding the durability of these tablets and also the possible long-term effects on the health of users.

Had your inquiry focused on the estimated 63,000 Naira per unit cost, which supposedly includes the cost of licensing e-copies of text books, I suspect your concerns might have found probable allies - 63,000 X 150,000 = N9.45 billion.

Thank you for attempting to enlightening us, but this is just what rauf said do you have proof? ok he ordered 150000units how many has been released to the students does this number stackup against the over 1million school age kids in osun?
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by abinsco25(m): 6:26pm On Oct 01, 2013
Ask those hypocrites that are against the merging of the schools in Osun state where there children schooling.None of them has his/her children in the public schools.Their children attend the best private schools pay their school fees with our money and the common man's children attend the debilitated public schools and our past leader care not.Our education needs a reformation,we can't continue with the Awolowo model schools,they are outdated,now that there is someone that is ready to reform the education system,they are now crying.Why? Let them cry!" Won a sunku ku ni,omo Ole"Aregbe carry on,2014 no shaking,Abere straight.
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by delvinmaya(m): 6:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
@gbawe, i want you to be as objective as you can be in answering these questions.
1. why award a contract of 8.5 billion for 3500 units of tablet. At what cost per unit. my curiosity got the better of me and i decided to calculate but using the average price of a brand new hp laptop which is 70k. now that is my own bench mark. to get the total amounts of units i would get, i divided the total price (8.5 billion) by the sole unit price (70k). now am not a mathematics guru, but am sure using this method should get me my answer. this is what i got
8.5 billion / 70 000 = 121 428.571

seeing this figure put me off, cos there is no reason why such contract should have been awarded, and if it had to be awarded, why such paltry amount of units for such huge amount.

2. travelled down to osogbo early last year, sometime between April to June. Got there around 11am and boarded a cab which took me past a stadium (cant remember its name). there was this huge holdup caused by students of various schools, some boarded the cab i was in and i asked them why they were not in school. they told me they had come to the stadium for a calisthenics organized by the state govt, they came once every week and were given #1000 anytime they came. when i asked how long it had been going on, i was told that this was the third month. and this kids were almost a thousand, (dnt knw their actual amount). when i got to where i was going, i told the person i went to see that this is what is happening and the person just shrugged, that they are used to it.

my point now is this, waste of public funds for no justfiable reason, and why if you can justify these two acts, i will rest my case and choose to believe he is working.

p.s, just got more info on the opon imo with total units numbering 150 000, my bad on that
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by kaze4blues(m): 6:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
leadership.ng/news/210813/how-aregbesola-turned-osun-state-construction-site

for the doubtful thomas here, check the link above
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by gratiaeo(m): 6:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
Gbawe my guy no vex abeg may i ask you this 1 question
What is the need embarking on project of 8.6billion when you can not afford to pay teachers salary.
The touted Awo free education has gone to the dog chai!
Bellow is the Nairalander discussion on the said Opon Imo, who knew that it will turnout like this...
https://www.nairaland.com/1311395/opon-imo-launched-osun-today
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by Gbawe: 6:40pm On Oct 01, 2013
abinsco25: Ask those hypocrites that are against the merging of the schools in Osun state where there children schooling. None of them has his/her children in the public schools.Their children attend the best private schools pay their school fees with our money and the common man's children attend the debilitated public schools and our past leader care not . Our education needs a reformation,we can't continue with the Awolowo model schools,they are outdated,now that there is someone that is ready to reform the education system, they are now crying. Why? Let them cry!" Won a sunku ku ni,omo Ole"Aregbe carry on,2014 no shaking,Abere straight.

Don't mind these hypocrites who play politics with everything shamelessly and with total dishonesty. With the education sector, where Aregbesola is adjudged a star performer beyond Party lines, should we assume any of these ungracious critics know more than Senator Chukwumerije who is a PDP senator and chairman of the Senate committee on education? Some people should be ashamed of themselves yet this is Nigeria where many are still very evil and we even still see ALUU-style lynching daily so I am not surprised to see lies flying around and supported fervently.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2012/10/chukwumerije-hails-aregbesolas-education-policies/

Chukwumerije hails Aregbesola’s education policies

•Photo: Uche Chukwumerije

By Gbenga Faturoti, Correspondent Osogbo

Chairman, Senate Committee on Education, Senator Uche Chukwumerije has called on other states in Nigeria to emulate the feat recorded by Osun State in education sector saying that what is happening in the state is capable of rescuing the country’s rotten education sector.

Chukwumeriji, who lead other members of the committee on an oversight visit to Osun State, challenged other state governors to learn from the policies being put in place in Osun if indeed, they are set to put their states on the path of glory.

He explained that all state governors must drop their party affiliations and sentiments and learn from Osun because the state is on the right path to the development of the sector.

Other members of the committee included wife of the former governor of Lagos State, Oluremi Tinubu, Professor Olusola Adeyeye and Atiku Bagudu.

The committee said the visit was a mark of respect and solidarity in showing appreciation for the feat that the young administration of Aregbesola has achieved in Osun.

According to Chukwumerije, “The states and the country owe Governor Aregbesola a lot of gratitude for promptly laying a formidable foundation for education in the state. I will like to use this opportunity to advise other states irrespective of your political affiliation, you must drop your ego and learn from the people oriented projects and programmes of Governor Aregbesola.”
[size=8pt][/size]

The senator described the collapse of education in the country as a national challenge and appealed to all to muster the courage to address the decay in the education sector.

“The Governor of Osun is God-sent to his people. Aregbesola, as a fresh governor, has shown that he is a serious-minded person. For the first time, the education policy of Ogbeni Aregbesola remains the best in the country, even ahead that of Lagos State.”

Responding, Governor Aregbesola held that for the country to progress, the interest of the people must be considered before any decision is taken; stating that parliamentary system of government is the essence of democracy.

He said, “The best form of political activity is in the parliament, our nation will not make appreciable progress if it focuses only on the executive, at least the parliament is where ideas are generated, they have total representative and support of the people.

“Parliamentary system is the essence of democracy. The assembly of the people must not be an expression but it must put into practise. For a country to have a meaningful development progress, it must not be a one-sided means of power.” The governor averred.

Speaking on education, Aregbesola said when he got into power; his intention was to close down schools for about a year because of what he met.

“What was on ground was dilapidated school buildings not fit for human habitation. The conditions of teachers were nothing to write home about plus the condition of other infrastructure.”

He urged the committee not to be afraid to tell the president that there is a problem in the educational sector, adding that the decadence in the sector must be arrested to rescue students from the problem of not having sound education.

Aregbesola held that the basis of growth for any country is sound education and that Osun is committed to provision of genuine and sound education for its citizenry hence the commitment of huge resources to make sure that its pupils will rank among the best in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by Atouke: 6:46pm On Oct 01, 2013
kaze4blues: Using osogbo as case study because that is where I leave, modern mega schools are now under construction with most almost completed all through osogbo.

Although it is true that scholls are been merged together, but it is in the interests of the students because hitherto those students receive lectures in filthy environments with most of their classrooms dilapidated and unconducive. But now they are transferred to newly built classrooms which gives them more comfort.

Also the distribution of opon imo is being done on daily basis in different zones of the state and by november it will be completed.

Healthcare has also been given a boost by aregbesola. I went to the state general hospital @ asubiaro few weeks back and I must confess there were improvements in the delivery of services compared to the past. There are now sufficient doctors and nurses on ground to attend to patients. Drugs are also now available.

What more can I say.....the opposition will always find faults with aregbe's tenure.

good observation and thank you. do you think that this might be another imported idea from the lagos based osun commissioners/SA? the fact that mega schools work in lagos because of its sheer size/population does not mean that that is what osun state wants!

A school compound as we all know brings a sense of belonging and ownership to the community which helps shape a childs sense of identity better than any mega schools where student get lost in the crowd.
Ogbeni school reform is a welcome idea but the way he is going about it is not in the interest of the majority of the communities in osun as they see this as disenfranchising thier communities by pulling down/demolishing their community institution ie schools. a saner method would have been to renovate those school blocks insitu and hire more teachers to teach there where both the teachers and the local communities where everyone knows whose kid you are will help mould good character, rather than demolish the schools and send the kids to mega schools where the kids are strangers, did you bother to ask how many miles the kids now have to walk to schools? as oposed to the schools that was in their communities? or how they feel going to school in different community/environment?

How many of this mega schools have been built in the state and are we to send 1million kids to a couple of model school? how practical is that compared to the common sense approach of renovation + construction of new classroom blocks in existing school.

common sense in education reform should not be sacrificed on the altar of playing to the media gallery of posing with a picture of a couple of commisioned mega schools which will not and cannot cater for the 1million school kids.

stop importing lagos ideas and administration into osun what works in lagos may not work in osun!

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by jbaur24: 6:50pm On Oct 01, 2013
Media hype! This is same thing that has been going on in imo state. I weep for them!
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by olaezebala: 6:54pm On Oct 01, 2013
kaze4blues:

I strongly admonish Gbawe and other sensible people here to desist from arguing with these useless people denigrating the personality of ogbeni aregbesola.

check this thread very well and u'll see that people try to stay away from foul words

I live in osogbo.

Only a fool will compare the performances of aregbesola under 3 years with those of oyinlola under 8 years.

Oyinlola's tenure was marred by failure, oppression and so on.
only few roads were constructed during the time of oyinlola with several others not completed.

Oyinlola borrowed about $18bn to found the construction of 6 stadia in the state but up till now no single stadium is on ground.

Old garage-ikirun road dualisation is almost complet under 3 years of aregbesola.
Other roads that are completed and been used presently used include fagbewesa road, isale aro road, gbodofon road, fiwasaye-tanisi road, gbeja okebaale road, awosuru alekuwodo road, housing-tinumola road and so on with several others under construction.

All these roads were in bad shapes during oyinlola tenure but they were left undone.

Its been three months now since I've been back to osogbo from school.
Throughout these 3 months, there has been constant water supply which didn't happen before during oyinlola tenure.

we knew oyinlola fumbled and that's why we voted for Aregbe. Oyinlola dualized Alekuwodu-awosuru road and Ogbeni came with is idea of using only concrete for drainage and that was why the road was pulled of and reconstructed all over again which i sincerely support.

Most of the roads u listed as here are similar to roads that Ede lg chairmen usually do and permit me to say that Ogbeni is doing LG roads cause he has taken over all LG affairs.

Dude I stay Dada Estate and i can tell u that it's been over a year since water run here. Tell me the area u stay in osogbo and i will confirm ur claims cause Ogbeni himself knew wter aint flowing in the state that's why he came up with his propaganda that tankers will be going around to distribute water to communities which no community can claim to see any tanker.

Yes, oyinlola borrowed 18billion through-out is entire 7 years and returned 10billion back to osun state wen he was out-sited by court. ur Gov gave the order to stop the construction of the stadia if u can still remember.

Anyone that lives in osun state and say aregbe is under-performing is been biased.

Sorry boss but this is open criticism

I lived in osogbo throughout the 7 years of oyinlola so I know the different between the two governors.
Aregbesola may not be the best....BUT he is by far better that oyinlola/pdp in terms of achievements in office.

u just said the main reason why he won against oyinlola and no one is comparing him with aregbe on this thread
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
Atouke:

good observation and thank you. do you think that this might be another imported idea from the lagos based osun commissioners/SA? the fact that mega schools work in lagos because of its sheer size/population does not mean that that is what osun state wants!

A school compound as we all know brings a sense of belonging and ownership to the community which helps shape a childs sense of identity better than any mega schools where student get lost in the crowd.
Ogbeni school reform is a welcome idea but the way he is going about it is not in the interest of the majority of the communities in osun as they see this as disenfranchising thier communities by pulling down/demolishing their community institution ie schools. a saner method would have been to renovate those school blocks insitu and hire more teachers to teach there where both the teachers and the local communities where everyone knows whose kid you are will help mould good character, rather than demolish the schools and send the kids to mega schools where the kids are strangers, did you bother to ask how many miles the kids now have to walk to schools? as oposed to the schools that was in their communities? or how they feel going to school in different community/environment?

How many of this mega schools have been built in the state and are we to send 1million kids to a couple of model school? how practical is that compared to the common sense approach of renovation + construction of new classroom blocks in existing school.

common sense in education reform should not be sacrificed on the altar of playing to the media gallery of posing with a picture of a couple of commisioned mega schools which will not and cannot cater for the 1million school kids.

stop importing lagos ideas and administration into osun what works in lagos may not work in osun!

The questions you raised here were actually addressed in an interview I found while trying to figure out the rational for the new 4-5-3 education system. Grace Titilayo Laoye-Tomori, Osun State Deputy Governor who also doubles as the Commissioner for Education, provided some context.

What informed the total restructuring on-going in the education sector of the State?

Since inception of this government, we discovered lot of rots and anomalies in our educational system. The on-going restructuring in the educational sector of the State is an outcome of the educational Submit held in the State at the wake of the administration. At the end of the summit, we came up with some Communiqué which has become the blueprint for education in the state. The first thing we observed was that the educational system had totally collapsed because of the long period of neglect. And so we decided to restructure the system. We knew that for our students to perform optimally, they had to learn in a conducive environment.

The next thing we did was to focus on the structure of the School system. There was no building we found on ground that could allow the children to perform well, there were no chairs for them to sit. Everywhere was horrible. So we decided to build state of art structures in all public primary and secondary schools in the state.

There are one hundred and seventy (170) of them. We have also restructured the educational system into three basic systems. We have Elementary, Middle and High Schools that have not interfered with the Nigerian system of education. We also took a decision to strengthen the high school, which is empirical to any of such school in any part of the world. We also decided to build 60 middle schools, that are also compared to any of such in any part of the world and 100 elementary schools. The decision to segment the education system is informed by our idea of making our students perform optimally. This is also the reason behind the neighborhood schools; that is the elementary school, designed to focus on elementary school kids. The middle school really prepares them for external examinations in the high school.

So, from primary one to four are referred to as elementary school in tandem with what is operating globally. Those in the middle school will be students from five to nine; while those in the high school are students in grade 10 to 12. Those are the senior classes. So, by the time they are in middle school, we focus on curriculum that will make them excel and we prepare them adequately for the external examinations like West Africa Examination (WAEC) University Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) of Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), National Examination council (NECO) and even the examinations that are obtainable internationally. We are restructuring in such a way that the schools will have equipment like football pitch, examination hall that will occupy between 1,000 and 1,500 students in the high school.

It is not a case where students will sit in the classroom or where students are made to write examinations in the classroom for designated examinations. We are also going to provide other recreational facilities that can aid learning for our children.

Source
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by gratiaeo(m): 7:00pm On Oct 01, 2013
abinsco25: Ask those hypocrites that are against the merging of the schools in Osun state where there children schooling.None of them has his/her children in the public schools.Their children attend the best private schools pay their school fees with our money and the common man's children attend the debilitated public schools and our past leader care not.Our education needs a reformation,we can't continue with the Awolowo model schools,they are outdated,now that there is someone that is ready to reform the education system,they are now crying.Why? Let them cry!" Won a sunku ku ni,omo Ole"Aregbe carry on,2014 no shaking,Abere straight.
By closing and merging schools build by past government? (The labor of our heroes
past Shall never be in vain)
No vex o make i ask you, is population of Osun state growing or decreasing? If growing as it should supposedly be how come closing/merging of school instead of building more?
Many question begging for answer
No wonder southeast/south has overtaken southwest in education
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by kaze4blues(m): 7:05pm On Oct 01, 2013
@Atouke,

I don't know what can satisfy u these hating people.

Aregbesola built model schools, u complained it is Lagos idea. Is aregbe the only governor to build model schools in his state?

When amaechi built model schools in rivers state, why didn't u tag it as a lagos idea?

So because aregbe is now osun governor, he should severe all his ties with his people in Lagos.

FYI, Aregbe is one of the leading stakeholders in Alimoso area of Lagos. Alimoso LG is the largest LG in Lagos state.

Argbe is a strong lagos politician and that is where he rose to excel. He would never abandon his roots despite been the governor here in osun.

What matters is how well he is working in osun state.

Most people here on NL are not politician and so they don't know the ways of politics. Its a pity.

By the way, ratcon have done excellently well in constructing standard roads in osun and I belive that is why they are the choice firm for constructions in osun state.
All the roads the built so far have up to 60mm thickness with walk ways for pedestrians. They also make concrete drainages for roads unlike ones employed by oyinlola that use blocks for drainages. Aregbesola is an engineer himself and he knows what's good for his state.

At this present moment, pdp parades the likes of omisore, akinbade, and other notorious as guber aspirants. Are these the people u want as osun governor.

And that is why Aregbe is the best man for osun @ this present moment.

For God's sake....let's be sincere and avoid been partisan.

Aregbesola till 2018

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by olaezebala: 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2013

Almost completed but the existing ones are being pulled down?

how many mega schools do u see underconstruction in osogbo and how many existing ones has been marked for demolition?

Filthy classroom in Fakunle school marked for demolition also? The ever unique u shaped Jss1 class, ever inspiring jss2 umbrella hall, the unique jss3 classrooms long walk close to rail way line, state of the earth ss1 and ss2 classrooms which is even upstairs, and the unique u tube shaped adeleke block for the ss3? pls, u can do better

u and i know that no new secondary school has been built by ogbeni so u claim that they are transferring them to newly built school is false. go to osogbo grammar school as i type and u'll see the list of fakunle students transferred to other schools like laro grammar school, one silly school in okinni, and osogbo grammar school which have poor and lesser classrooms compaired to fakunle.

on daily basis wen u and i know that schools are still on holiday? abeg oooo

Free drugs started with Akanda, sustained by Oyinlola and continued by Aregbe

just as apc will always find faults in GEJ's tenure

Then he need to convince us more than this public scam stated by the op

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by Atouke: 7:26pm On Oct 01, 2013
A-ZeD:

This is another question that is 'tricky'. One quality always trumps quantity. So building more schools and hiring more teachers does't necessarily mean increased quality of education and that's one of the problems of Nigeria. (in)Sincere Nigerian goes about claiming that one of the achievements of GEJ is the building of more universities but today, ASUU is on strike and the only thing the more universities will do is produce more half-baked gradutes. I can't say that is Rauf's reason for doing what he is doing, i just wan't you to tackle Rauf on quality not quantity.

Good observation do you know the number of model/mega schools rauf has built in OSUN and the number of schools demolished/mearged?
1/4 of the amount that is proposed to be used in building i unit of model school if put into renovating+ adding more blocks to fakunle school marked for demolision will be 100x better than any new model school rauf will ever build and also more cost effective.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by emiye(m): 7:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
Atouke:

You mean the opon imo? thats what that article was about. here is the fact Rauf released N8.5billion for 3500 units of opon imo to his son kabiru which on its own is very controversial interms of cost/nepotism.

but the problem is of the 3500 units ordered only 600 units has been released in the entire state ie 200 units per senatorial district and there are over 1million school age kids in osun state. hence i classify Opon imo project as a media hyped initiated/ started project untill all the 3500units of opon imo is released and concrete plans are on grounds to provide for the remaining 996,500 + school kids.

You are just yarning dust.

Where are you getting fake numbers from?. 150,000 units will be ditributed to cater for 143,000+ sudents eligible for the tablets, some will go to the teachers e.t.c,
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by AZeD1(m): 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
Atouke:

Good observation do you know the number of model/mega schools rauf has built in OSUN and the number of schools demolished/mearged?
1/4 of the amount that is proposed to be used in building i unit of model school if put into renovating+ adding more blocks to fakunle school will be 100x better than any new model school rauf will ever build and also more cost effective.
I don't live in Osun and i don't know the answer to your question. My point was building more schools doesn't necessarily translate to improved quality.
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by Atouke: 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
Gbawe:

Don't mind these hypocrites who play politics with everything shamelessly and with total dishonesty. With the education sector, where Aregbesola is adjudged a star performer beyond Party lines, should we assume any of these ungracious critics know more than Senator Chukwumerije who is a PDP senator and chairman of the Senate committee on education? Some people should be ashamed of themselves yet this is Nigeria where many are still very evil and we even still see ALUU-style lynching daily so I am not surprised to see lies flying around and supported fervently.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2012/10/chukwumerije-hails-aregbesolas-education-policies/

WHen the likes of chukumerije sings your praise then know you are very corrupt and in trouble. chukumerije is not a credible nigerian
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by Atouke: 7:42pm On Oct 01, 2013
A-ZeD:

I don't live in Osun and i don't know the answer to your question. My point was building more schools doesn't necessarily translate to improved quality.

ok got your point. osun definitely needs new schools but not to the detriment of the old ones. the problem is not his building new schools of which only a couple has been completed, the problem is demolishing the old schools instead of refurbishing and adding more classroom blocks to existing schools.

rauf can commission the new schools and play to the gallery with it and at the same time refurbish the old ones thats the point, since we all know he is not going to be able to build enough new schools to carter to over 1million + students even if he spends 100yrs in office.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by plaindealer: 8:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
I can't believe Gbawe et all entertained these ibo trolls and their madness. Are you trying to appease their bigoted souls?

This is the kind of thread you avoid by any means necessary...

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by yetunsbay(m): 5:01am On Oct 02, 2013
cashkid18: nope i dont stay in sw,am frm nsukka n i stay in enugu..at least chime has done more than ur sw gov combined together bt he dont go around publicising his achievement unlike ur sw gov
then wots our problem wit enugu,park well.enugu ko egungun ni
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by Ajibel(m): 5:57am On Oct 02, 2013
mightyfada: The state own university road is rubbish yet they Are constructing roads for some streets that Are not necessary

Imagine the crap this my fellow leader of tomorrow is spitting out here. ROAD IS NOT IMPORTANT...in 21st century. I wonder what sort of a leader you'd turn out to be. I never intended posting here buh your quoted post stinks of stup1dity.

[s]Just the same way i read a mod say that wikipedia isnt a good source of info[/s]

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by emiye(m): 6:26am On Oct 02, 2013
Many of the old schools are best pulled down, no point refurbishing those "poultry houses".

the primary mandate was to take all necessary steps to build and deliver within 24 months:
•100 elementary schools (2,100 classrooms);
•50 (62?) middle schools; and
•20 high schools

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by geeez: 6:42am On Oct 02, 2013
emiye: Many of the old schools are best pulled down, no point refurbishing those "poultry houses".

the primary mandate was to take all necessary steps to build and deliver within 24 months:
•100 elementary schools (2,100 classrooms);
•50 (62?) middle schools; and
•20 high schools

Impressive

Like I said, the enemies of the Yoruba race are bewildered and so shall they remain because they've not seen anything yet

Even the residents of the state accusing Ogbeni here have attested to the fact that he is getting things done. You get uniforms for N1,500 and you're complaining, try a private school then. You buy uniforms for N1,500 in a term and have text books free in your Opon Imo. At $10 per term, you won't get this quality of education this cheap anywhere else I assure you.

I'm sure the non Yorubas that have never been to the state before now or even now and accusing Ogbeni will deep within their hearts wish their governors could do just a quarter of what this progressive governor has done
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by Gbawe: 6:48am On Oct 02, 2013
Ajibel:

Imagine the crap this my fellow leader of tomorrow is spitting out here. ROAD IS NOT IMPORTANT...in 21st century. I wonder what sort of a leader you'd turn out to be. I never intended posting here buh your quoted post stinks of stup1dity.

[s]Just the same way i read a mod say that wikipedia isnt a good source of info[/s]

Unfortunately, this is an example of why Nigeria is not making progress. The leadership of Nigeria cannot be sourced from Mars. It is contributors here, with their absolutely inane talk completely lacking common sense or logic, who go on to gain influential leadership positions. This is why we are in serious trouble as a nation.

This is why many of our leader appear incredibly unprepared, indolent and clueless when they open their mouth. Many are not fit to lead because they have nothing of use in their head. Only evolution and pragmatically sensible voting from the electorate will change this deplorable status quo.
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by emiye(m): 7:05am On Oct 02, 2013
geeez:

Impressive

Like I said, the enemies of the Yoruba race are bewildered and so shall they remain because they've not seen anything yet

Even the residents of the state accusing Ogbeni here have attested to the fact that he is getting things done. You get uniforms for N1,500 and you're complaining, try a private school then. You buy uniforms for N1,500 in a term and have text books free in your Opon Imo. At $10 per term, you won't get this quality of education this cheap anywhere else I assure you.

I'm sure the non Yorubas that have never been to the state before now or even now and accusing Ogbeni will deep within their hearts wish their governors could do just a quarter of what this progressive governor has done

The first set of uniforms will be given out for FREE to students, subsequent ones will be paid for at subsidized rate, i am not aware of the amount.. I will advise you to thread with caution as regards the N1,500 per uniform said by the PDP looser man in the article, it just might be a fabrication.
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by yetunsbay(m): 7:08am On Oct 02, 2013
emiye:

The first set of uniforms will be given out for FREE to students, subsequent ones will be paid for at subsidized rate, i am not aware of the amount.. I will advise you to thread with caution as regards the N1,500 per uniform said by the PDP looser man in the article, it just might be a fabrication.

d uniform is #1,950...confirmed
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 02, 2013
Ajibel:

Sorry bro I feel your pain.. don't be a fool at your age.
I said some Are not necessary doesn't refer to the major roads built.
Def u don't live in osogbo.
Lemme give u an example. There's a street along oke baale called costain. It has been constructed while the school road is just left alone and its getting worse.
Not all these roads Are so necessary now.
That's what am trying to say....idiot of the first order
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by geeez: 7:24am On Oct 02, 2013
yetunsbay: d uniform is #1,950...confirmed
It's still very reasonable then add the priceless Opon Imo to it

Education made in Harvard for the price of a meal of Chicken and Chips
grin
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by emiye(m): 7:30am On Oct 02, 2013
yetunsbay: d uniform is #1,950...confirmed

Still ok for the amount,considering the expected quality in uniform material and sewing.
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by SterlingTowers(m): 7:38am On Oct 02, 2013
All I see by pro Aregbesola are cusses, curses and bogus foul languages. You guys should destroy the allegation with facts not abuses. An aside why is the writer so worked up about lagosian eating out of the political largess of Osun, you guys only remember we all yoruba when it is convenient, hypocrites! When Aregbesola was made a commissioner in lagos and Tinubu a governor you lots thought you guys are some sort of smarties. Hypocrites an Ondo man will still be the Governor of Osun State and lemme hear any body complain. One Yoruba we are one yoruba we shall become, indeed Aregbesola just earned my respect for that singularly move.
Re: Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State by Bash92(m): 8:10am On Oct 02, 2013
kaze4blues:

Oyinlola borrowed about $18bn to found the construction of 6 stadia in the state but up till now no single stadium is on ground.
you are not up to date mr.......immediately Aregbe became d governor he cancelled the the 6 stadia contrat and use the money for something else,what he use it for we dont know till date. Infact AREGBESOLA EVEN TOOK AN ADDITIONAL LOAN OF 7 BILLION to join d initial 18bn that oyinlola take from the bank but avnt touch b4 justice salami do is tin. www.businessworldng.com/web/articles/2519/1/N18bn-Loan-Osun-Speaker-Vows-to-Battle-Aregbesola-in-Court/Page1.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ikpeazu At Ossy Prestige's Service Of Songs (Photos) / Casualty Figures Exceed 100 In Kano Attack. / Osinbajo Writes To Speaker Dogara, Seeks Approval To Borrow $1.28b And €9m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.