Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,278 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Impressive 15-year-old Girl Picks Harvard After Being Accepted To 13 Colleges - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Impressive 15-year-old Girl Picks Harvard After Being Accepted To 13 Colleges (689 Views)

Rejection Letter From Harvard University To An Intending Student (Photo) / 10 Year Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In Uk University To Study Maths Degree / Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Impressive 15-year-old Girl Picks Harvard After Being Accepted To 13 Colleges by pmc01(m): 11:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
15-year-old Saheela Ibraheem is unlike any other teenager you know. This genius is on her way to college after being accepted to California Institute of Technology, Harvard, Princeton, the University of Pennsylvania, Columbia, Cornell, Brown, Williams College, Stanford, University of Chicago, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Washington University in St. Louis. And of course Saheela chose Harvard. On top of being brilliant, Saheela is humble too! “I try my best in everything I do. Anyone who’s motivated can work wonders.”

This impressive teenager has always been a star student. In 6th grade, she knew she needed more of a challenge at her Conackamack Middle School in Piscataway, N.J. and asked if she could be in a higher-level class. They did her one better and placed her a full grade up. Saheela’s Nigerian parents have been a guiding light for the young scholar, often teaching her subjects the schools neglected to teach.
It was the prestigious private school, Wardlaw-Hartridge where Saheela truly soared. She immediately skipped that awkward freshman year and headed straight into 10th grade. Saheela has more to offer than brains, she’s got the brawn too! She plays outfield for her school’s softball team, defender on the soccer team and she swims relays and 50-meter races on the swim team! Oh and if you thought I was done, I’m not. She’s also cultured! Saheela plays trombone and she’s president of the school’s investment!

http://hellobeautiful.com/2013/04/25/15-year-old-black-girl-goes-to-harvard/

NB: Her picture is on the link above. I didn't feel obliged to attach it to this post, with justifiable reasons. Thank you. Please, note also that this is not a ploy to direct traffic to the website, as I have no mutual or business relationships with the administrator(s) of the site.
Re: Impressive 15-year-old Girl Picks Harvard After Being Accepted To 13 Colleges by Shyeikulislam1(m): 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
This should be in the education section
Re: Impressive 15-year-old Girl Picks Harvard After Being Accepted To 13 Colleges by pmc01(m): 11:06pm On Oct 03, 2013
ok

(1) (Reply)

Late Prof Festus Iyayi, Not Acknowledge On ASUU Website / Breaking News: FUTO Owerri Sacks Entire Academic Staff (ASUU) / Why Is Everbody Silent About Asup Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.