Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Wireless Service In Abuja On The Move - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Wireless Service In Abuja On The Move (1255 Views)

Which Wireless Service Works Well In Ikorodu / How Can I Set Up A Wireless Service Provider Company In Nigeria / Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wireless Service In Abuja On The Move by Briz(m): 4:54am On Jun 06, 2006
welcoming the arrival of the wireless networking service in the country starting up from the Federal Capital Territory.

It's interesting to know that u can get connected as far as ur system is wireless enabled. shocked grin grin
Re: Wireless Service In Abuja On The Move by Seun(m): 7:33am On Jun 06, 2006
Can you give us the names of the companies involved in these wireless services, so we can patronize them?
Re: Wireless Service In Abuja On The Move by delarontus(f): 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2006
Does that mean you do not need a wireless card?
Re: Wireless Service In Abuja On The Move by Briz(m): 12:34am On Jun 07, 2006
@delarontus

that's why you need to know the network connections on your laptop before you purchase it. if your system does not have the wireless network connection (i.e your system does not have the wireless adapter) then you just need the wireless card and get it installed on your system. shocked
Re: Wireless Service In Abuja On The Move by delarontus(f): 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2006
I usually see an icon telling me that the wireless connection is off when i switch on the computer but when i'm at work i see secured signals of other companies. Does that mean i do not need a wireless card?
Re: Wireless Service In Abuja On The Move by Bossman(m): 8:56pm On Jun 07, 2006
delarontus, the fact that you get that message and that you can see other networks means you already have wireless built in. You are good to go! So, you should be able to log on to any open/unsecure WiFi.
Re: Wireless Service In Abuja On The Move by Briz(m): 4:56am On Jun 08, 2006

@ delorantus

yeah u got an in-built wireless connectivity, so u don't need to purchase anyother software for connecting. just get login to any available network that is unsecured

[b][/b]
Re: Wireless Service In Abuja On The Move by WIMAXER: 8:41pm On Jun 12, 2006
Suburban Telecom and Startech Connections and you can also try Direct On PC.
All are using technology from Alvarion Radio Equipment.

(1) (Reply)

Your First Day With The Computer: What Happened? / Sound Device Problem / How To Transfer Music/video From Your Ipod To Pc (windows/mac)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.