Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! (21339 Views)

Ok Ww3 Has Officially Started Today The 7th Of December 2015 / U.S. Government Claims Exclusive Ownership Over Its "Invention" Of Ebola / China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by pickabeau1: 10:12am On Oct 02, 2013
Hahahaha.. Manny on a rolling rant

Don't worry yankee will rise raze again
Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by redsun(m): 12:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
Obama is the messiah in world politics. He is doing his best to balance the wrongs that have accumulated for millenniums, but the evil ones are fighting hard as always to disrupt him.

All he is trying to do is check the excesses of winners takes all while so many are languishing. Fairness is the only way to go and the earlier the tea parties and their cohorts like the fox news grab that, the better for them.

2 Likes

Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by Horus(m): 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
But it's more than just healthcare,,,,they are still pissed off that they have to answer to a BLACK president. Bottom line. I don't remember when Congress has been this idiotic! These racist white republicans will do everything to dismantle what Obama has put in place for the country and will try all in their power to minimize his authority and bring him to his knees-all because he is a BLACK man.

2 Likes

Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by Travelista(f): 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
birdman:

They are not shutting down because of Obamacare. It has already been judged good by the supreme court and voted in by congress, and ordinary citizens are already signing up for it. Even McCain has admitted there is no way to stop this law. In fact if Obama tried to repeal it, there would be protests from lots of poor, indebted Americans (black and white) with medical conditions whose previous fate was to either die without access to necessary medicine (can you imagine that, in a trillion dollar economy) or wait for emergency room care which is usually too late. The ultimate issue is Obama is an uppitty black negro, and the Republicans want to ruin his legacy, even if they take the country down in the process.

There are lots of people whose world view has been shattered by the fact that a black man can rule over them. Lots of these people even claim to be christians, speak in tongues, etc. But apparently, even an erudite, professorial and calm black Obama is enough to bring the demons out. If there is anything good that can come of this, its that black men especially will wake up and smell the tea leaves. I can dream right undecided

You've told no lies. Obamacare is just the excuse they're using but it comes down to votes. Who gets to go back home, beat their chests before their supporters and brag about letting Obama know 'who is really in charge!'. It's a mess. And the latest trick in their quest to 'destroy' Obama's legacy is throw out the baby with the bathwater: all of this because a Black child grew up to be the leader of the free world.
Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by manny4life(m): 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
Even some billionaires are renouncing their US citizenship. That's partly because of the new tax disclosure law that compels US citizens to pay tax to the FG, regardless of whether they live in the US or abroad.

Tax? I hate filing taxes every year, very annoying. I have a friend named Akin (forget our rant on NL, I'm cool people) who literally when nuts when he saw his tax bill, he owed more than $25,000. Although he bought a condo, cashed out some part of his investment as well as other activities, omo, the guy keeps complaining every other day. I advised him to seek Tax Debt Relief Counselors, they usually consult with IRS auditors and negotiate a % off your debt. This is the only reason why I cannot touch anything close to investment (as in liquidating it), it's like catch 22.

As much as I support the liberals - Democrats, they can be annoying when it comes to taxes, they have a fault there. As opposed to the Republicans, they want tax relief for everyone. If you do business in Nigeria, they will tax you, you do business here in the U.S., you get taxed, you decide not to do at all, you still get taxed, haba, dem swear for uncle Sam? angry angry angry

People are exploiting the Tax loopholes and there are ways to circumvent these laws without paying through your nose and limiting or avoiding tax audits, (abeg o, this is no crime), although very time consuming because you have to prove a lot, but it's worth it. Like I advised my friend and he did not listen, if he consulted with a tax consultant, yeah consultation fee would be like $2 to 3 grand, but he would have had great insights that would have limited his liability to about 50%.

No worry, the day I become the next Aliko Dangote, I will pay my share but making it excessive like paying double both ways plus (corp and individual income - domestic and foreign), that will be the kicker for me. I will hire the BEST Tax Consultants and Attorneys to avoid that and if I cannot, then I give up.

1 Like

Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by armyofone(m): 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2013
Government shutdown, ummmm (Uwa) Life goes on.
Semper Fi kiss
Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by Ugosample(m): 8:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
The world is in for a bumpy ride. If America collapses, the ripple effect will be a global catastrophe. China's bubble would burst because their economy is export driven, Western Europe will also collapse completely because the volume of trade between EU and the USA is the biggest trading bloc on earth. Africa (Nigeria inclusive) will also be in crisis as most countries in Africa depend on foreign aid and assistance, and when these countries (US AND EU) cannot sustain the aid, trouble sets in. Also, the prosperity of many African countries is tied to the prosperity of the US AND EU (most especially north africa. Since the economic woes of EU began, North Africa has been having it rough) and when these countries are down, what happens to Africa? The workd has gotten to the stage where conditions (both economic and political) of one region affects another in a positive or negative way (Globalisation) that's the sad truth.

1 Like

Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by redsun(m): 12:21am On Oct 03, 2013
Africa will benefit very because they are not control economy yet that is not fully manipulated by the dowjone indexes and all those bullshit oyimbo uses too hold the world athe their footstool s.African will learm to maintain a self sustenance economy that not ditacted by socalled gdp but by the quality of life of ordinary hard working people,not what they projectin on paper.

1 Like

Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by Nobody: 1:19am On Oct 03, 2013
why is dictator Barrack Obama holding the entire country down because of his obamacare? This guy is really the Antichrist.

Every Democrat in the Senate voted to exempt themselves from Obamacare while forcing Americans to take it. Do you think it will cost them seats in 2014? Story below.

Nigerian dummb president is better than this guy. He is not only a selfish dictator, he also sucks at negotiation.

1 Like

Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by Nobody: 1:25am On Oct 03, 2013
^^^
Lmao! Obama's defense is that "Obamacare" is the law of the land, so it has to be implemented grin
Did u try to enroll into one of the healthcare exchanges yesterday?
Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 03, 2013
Smh @ this dude

3 Likes

Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 03, 2013
CFCfan: ^^^
Lmao! Obama's defense is that "Obamacare" is the law of the land, so it has to be implemented grin
Did u try to enroll into one of the healthcare exchanges yesterday?

No thanks

2 Likes

Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by Nobody: 1:35am On Oct 03, 2013
#enoughsaid... back to sipping whatever that is in my cup grin
Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by manny4life(m): 1:40am On Oct 03, 2013
@REALITY101

We already know you hate Obama, there's nothing you say or do that would convince us that it's mere disappointment in him.
Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by Nobody: 2:24am On Oct 03, 2013
manny4life: @REALITY101

We already know you hate Obama, there's nothing you say or do that would convince us that it's mere disappointment in him.

Seriously you need JonathanCare
Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by biafranqueen: 2:33am On Oct 03, 2013
REALITY101:

No thanks
the part that sucks bros is no opting out carries penalties and fines, either way your gonna pay unless your an outlaw, and or undocumented tongue
Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by biafranqueen: 2:37am On Oct 03, 2013
REALITY101: why is dictator Barrack Obama holding the entire country down because of his obamacare? This guy is really the Antichrist.

Every Democrat in the Senate voted to exempt themselves from Obamacare while forcing Americans to take it. Do you think it will cost them seats in 2014? Story below.

Nigerian dummb president is better than this guy. He is not only a selfish dictator, he also sucks at negotiation.
yeah I found that interesting why did they vote for it oh thats right they get free medical for the rest of their life
Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by Nobody: 2:40am On Oct 03, 2013
biafranqueen: the part that sucks bros is no opting out carries penalties and fines, either way your gonna pay unless your an outlaw, and or undocumented tongue

Dictatorship and he killed Ghadaffi angry
Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by manny4life(m): 3:21am On Oct 03, 2013
REALITY101:

Lol.. I won't be needing it but I recommend it for you.
Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 03, 2013
REALITY101:

grin grin grin
How about Fashola Care or Buhari Care
Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 03, 2013
CFCfan:
grin grin grin
How about Fashola Care or Buhari Care

Hahah that sounds good too.

manny4life:

Lol.. I won't be needing it but I recommend it for you.

Nah I'm good
Re: The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! by jpphilips(m): 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2013
manny4life:

My days are numbered in this country, whether Democrats and Republicans disagree, when the time comes, it will hit everyone. Sometimes I wish citizens can recall their reps and senators because these guys are no different from the ones in Nigeria who earn money, live in the best houses, have the best healthcare but don't give two fuccks about the average Joe who work to keep the govt functioning.

The Debt ceiling will be a tough battle, one that will make or break the U.S., everyone is anticipating it because the right wingers are full of shitt. They can afford to spend more than $8billion funding Bush's war but when the economy is in a sink hole, they rather defund education and healthcare and award their cronies in defense billions of $$$ in contracts.

I'm sorry, I know I'm going off tangent, but forgive my bickering... I'm just pissed.

come home son!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

History Is Made As Donald Trump And Kim Jong Un Meet For Their Summit / Magnitude 6.3 Earthquake Hits Afghanistan. 2000 Killed, Many Injured / Russia Developing 4,000mph Invulnerable Missile, Can Hit Anywhere In Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.