Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Nigeria - Freed By Patriotism; Re-enslaved By Greed. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria - Freed By Patriotism; Re-enslaved By Greed. (399 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism / Aminu Oguche - Nyanya Bombing Suspect - Freed By Court / Expatriates Kidnapped Off Nigeria Freed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria - Freed By Patriotism; Re-enslaved By Greed. by Appswheel(m): 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2013
“FREED BY PATRIOTISM; RE-ENSLAVED BY GREED”, I hope the title of this reflection delivers my Independence message to my fellow countrymen.

The sign of victory that the independence held in 1960 has turned a sign of defeat 53 years on. Sometimes, I am forced to imagine Nigeria as a better country if it administration was left to the colonial masters up till the late 70s.

The mess we find ourselves as a nation is attributable to the failure of leadership. Leadership fueled by Greed. Critical studies of Nigeria as a nation show that it has never been united and the leadership has never had a common front, goal.

The power sector remains a quick example of how our leaders never had a common front. Successive administrations have come up with their vague goals. These Goals have never been achieved; from Obasanjo’s NEEDS, to Ya’aduas SEVEN POINT Agenda and now President Jonathan's Transformation agenda.

How does one explain that the present political office holders have their tenure expire in 2015, yet (for many) their primary focus is how to succeed themselves in 2015? Our leaders have become our greatest oppressors. A quick analysis of the various sectors, Agriculture, Health, Education, Technology, Power shows that nothing is working at the moment.

The follower-ship is not left out of the blame; the “I don’t care” attitude put up by many Nigerians is not helping matters. We forget that we are part of Government. Citizens who earn their living through sycophancy and as political thugs are not doing the nation any good.

At the moment we have a democracy, that is “a government of the leaders, by the leaders, for the leaders”.

Our only hope as a people is a change of attitude; leaders and followers alike must let go of greed, religious bigotry, nepotism and work towards a common goal. The goal of creating the Nigeria of our dreams, the Nigeria that Anthony Enahoro and other great Nationalist moved the motion of Independence for over 53 years ago.

God, save Nigeria!

(1) (Reply)

Hon. Happy Koroh Tribute To Agagu / 13 Facts About Nigeria You Should Know / Which Should Be Scrapped? Tokunbo Cars Or Tokunbo Aircrafts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.