Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue (9626 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister / APC Asks Buhari To Probe Supreme Court Judgment On Akwa Ibom Election / APC Asks 19 Ekiti Lawmakers To Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by awodman: 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2013
Worried by a resurgence of deadly attacks believed to be perpetrated by Boko Haram, the All Progressives Congress, APC, on Monday appealed to the sect to cease all attacks and embrace dialogue in the interest of national peace and security.

APC’s Interim National Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed, said, in a statement, that a ceasefire should be observed without further delay.

The party strongly condemned the September 29 attacks that left dozens of students of the College of Agriculture in Yobe dead and several others injured. It described the killings as dastardly, senseless and indefensible.

The statement called on traditional, religious, political and opinion leaders in the affected areas to intervene urgently to end the cycle of violence being perpetrated by the sect.

“It is clear that this Boko Haram menace cannot be resolved by the government alone, hence all stakeholders must urgently intervene to complement government’s efforts to end the insurgency and get those behind it to embrace dialogue.

“There can be no justification for the sect to continue to kill and maim innocent citizens, especially because the victims are not just fellow Nigerians like them, but most are actually their kith and kin,” APC said.

It described the continued violence by the sect as inexcusable, especially at a time that the government had offered an olive branch by setting up a committee to dialogue with the sect.

“We in the APC have been unrelenting in our advocacy for dialogue as a way of ending the insurgency. Fortunately, the government has also embraced dialogue, after initially resisting it as an option.

“Boko Haram should remember that they are not fighting an external war, and that their grievances, whatever they are, can never be resolved by continued killing, maiming and plundering.

“They must, therefore, put an immediate end to their cycle of violence and opt for dialogue. The longer this violence continues, the more difficult it becomes to resolve. Enough is enough!” it said.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/145795-apc-asks-boko-haram-embrace-dialogue.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=apc-asks-boko-haram-embrace-dialogue#/jobs

7 Likes

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by awodman: 2:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
This is how opposition statements on national issues should be like..no gaining of political capital out of serious national issues but acting like statesmen and working together with the government to find a solution..

APC impressed me by this statement..more of this should come from them not all those pull him down statements

26 Likes

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2013
Why not continue blaming GEJ? Born again liar mohamed. I doubt if this really came from you though.
Waiting for your refutal.

24 Likes

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by Joyfullyme: 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2013
Well nice one APC.... better laaaaaaaaaate that never.
I just hope it is not too little too late.
Maybe things would have been better if this stance was taken when it was at its infancy.

3 Likes

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2013
Since when did APC start to be objective on national issues?

I am suspecting a ploy to hoodwink Nigerians!

14 Likes

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by cashkid18(m): 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
dialoguing wit bh also meanS grantin them amnesty in other words justinfyin wat all their deeds..dialoguin wit bh will neva end terrorism in d north bt will create another sect more deadly than bh.d only solution is to divide nig

10 Likes

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by Ubarab(m): 5:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
Tell Buhari to speak sense into their damn brain. Boko Haram Sponsors rolls round APC!

7 Likes

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
Boko Haram and ASUU strike is equal to APC. Buhari and co should stop parading their different names.

1 Like

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by otijah(m): 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
GEJ has already pointed it out that they can't tear 9ja apart, if they wish they cease fire, if the like they should cont firing but I knw their end is near! END TIME TINZ FOR BH BOYZ.

5 Likes

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by Smartjeezy(m): 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
APC stop wasting your precious time.boko harram cant be stopped except GEJ resign.

3 Likes

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by Fhiminana: 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
Yeah, this is the spirit of statesmanship not just thinking of the next election but the next generation. If they wish to take over the governance, we want to see how they intend to help in making the climate conducive.

1 Like

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by nkpommpko(m): 5:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
Dialogue? Hope you are ready to give them what they want
Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by point5: 5:25pm On Oct 01, 2013
Did u c 'why' it is very important 2 think b4 tekin action..if des Boko Haram sponsorz hd reason dis issue 2 dis xtent,I don't think dey shud hv sponsord dis guyz 2 dis xtent..but al d same God plz hv mercy.

2 Likes

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by fuckyorubaibo: 5:25pm On Oct 01, 2013
Okay since the real leaders have agreed to seize fire

What more can i say..........................Buhari your 3 bed room flat for hell fire is already equipped

4 Likes

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 01, 2013
i thought they said PDP is boko haram, are they now asking PDP to accept dialogue?
lol!!! but their leader buhari said that JTF fighting boko haram is a war against the north?
anyway, make i no carry vex spoil my independence celebration. ............God bless Nigeria
#madam give me one more bottle.... wink

19 Likes

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by homesteady(m): 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
APC is now becoming matured! I hope they've completely outgrown all their childish politics!

3 Likes

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by PECO4KING(m): 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
brownbest: Boko Haram and ASUU strike is equal to APC. Buhari and co should stop parading their different names.

Wetin concern ASUU strike with APC. Abi Jonathan don turn to Buhari ni lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by Proydata: 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
Nice move lai muhamed........... up APC
Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by Caleboha(m): 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
Its clear APC is also uncertain how best to handle boko haram. Initially they were die-hard advocates of dialogue and amnesty, then they later conceded the state of emergency/ confrontational approach wasn't out of place. Now they're back to insisting dialogue is the best option. Are we really sure APC will be any better? I hope they're not as confused as they claim PDP is on national issues? They need to really step up otherwise we'll stick to the incumbent; the devils we know. undecided

3 Likes

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by chimchim1(m): 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
991: .
Be reasonable 4 once
U have come wt mumusious head abi
Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by Ptoocool(m): 5:31pm On Oct 01, 2013
ï won't be surprise!!!!!

Less ï forget jawe,,,
HAPPY INDEPENDENT o je..
HAPPY NEW MONTH 2

And to all the BH boiz uploading Happy Independence Day, as their BBM status, and update dia FB wit stuffs like One Love, One 9ja, No shaking, Proudly Naija, Up Nigeria, Happy New Month..

Hmmmmmmmm, God is quietly watching U̶̲̥̅̊ σ..
Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by pole: 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
chimchim1:
Be reasonable 4 once
U have come wt mumusious head abi
don t mind apc dy know what dy re doing so dat dy gain accet to people mind and do dy evil work ..make boko haram knw stop na dy self dam dy do well na dy own side dat rubbish go dy happen
Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by Omexonomy: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
Ubarab: Tell Buhari to speak sense into their damn brain. Boko Haram Sponsors rolls round APC!
after buhari rochas fashola and tinubu went to the stronghold of BH and donated a whooping sum of $500million to them so as to strenghten the dieing BH.

4 Likes

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2013
Boko Haram Dont Want Democracy which is difficult to accept. Do you believe Nigeria can Run another System of Government Apart frm Dmcrazy?
Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by bobthebuilder99(m): 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2013
I am starting to think there is never an end to terrorism. Not just in Naija, but in the world.

We just have to learn to progress as a nation in spite of it. Just like we progress in spite of normal crime.

Terrorists love dying and they love killing. They never have any real demands. Until everyone on Earth is dead, they will continue. Just like a theif will keep stealing until there is nothing left to steal.

1 Like

Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by Adekar(m): 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2013
Dialogue is the best option i think so. It is high time opposition parties should stop destructive criticism and embrace contructive one. Good talk from you sir. But all opposition should support this govt to fight this menace of boko haram . i suggest a special day should be declare for fasting and prayer and to ask God for forgiveness for hundreds of innocent lifes this nation had wasted.God bless nigeria.
Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2013
PECO4KING:

Wetin concern ASUU strike with APC. Abi Jonathan don turn to Buhari ni lipsrsealed
Nasir gay was bought by Apc
Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by donphilopus: 5:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
I'm not surprised hearing this from my man, atleast we're a party for Peace.
We're not like those so called.............................
I reserve my comment
Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by meforyou1(m): 5:48pm On Oct 01, 2013
Sorry for de-threading. Not in my character. Just want ask why this UN General Assembly meeting is no where I can see. I really want to react to this Isreal PM's address
Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by emmabest2000(m): 5:54pm On Oct 01, 2013
Which way NIGERIA
Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by mariong(m): 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2013
This is a sensible one from Lai Mohammed. Totally different from his usual 'blame the gov't' so as to score cheap political points, hard to believe something like this can come out of him.
Re: APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue by johnsonsf: 5:59pm On Oct 01, 2013
Ok o mr shakau, your sponsors has advised you and your boko teams to ceasefire and embrace dialogue!!B
We hope you will listen and adhere strictly to the last order from your grand commanders spokesman.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shootings Mar Bayelsa Assembly Rescheduled Election / Two Arab President Storm Nnamdi Kanu House PICS / Bandits Kill One In Gurmana, Kidnap 10 People; Set Houses Ablaze, Rustle Cattle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.