Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Which States Have Developed Since 1999 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which States Have Developed Since 1999 (868 Views)

These States Have The Highest Number Of Rich Individuals. / ADCs Of The President Of Nigeria Since 1999. / Oil Producing States Have Cornered The Nation's Wealth- Yobe Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by geeez: 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
Since the fourth republic began on May 29, 1999, states in Nigeria have witnessed democratic governance

To this end, there have been several administrations in respective states, charged with the responsibility of making their states better than they met it

In Lagos, for instance, the IGR, when Bola Tinubu became governor, was N600m per month. However, the concerted efforts and improvement of the socioeconomic landscape, the state has succeeded in attracting investments and today, the IGR stands at almost N30bn every month

Today, the state can stand on its own and even support a number of other states in the country

I've travelled around and seen changes in several states but the question remains:

Which Nigerian state has witnessed the greatest advancement in the fourth republic? From the GDP, to the IGR, to the employment rate, to its per capita? These figures are connected with other parameters such as health, infrastructure, education and security as these factors influence investment decisions.

So in a reality/actuality check, can we rank Nigerian states in order of advancement in the fourth republic from where they were when the military handed over in 1999 till date
Re: Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by Systeme101: 5:16pm On Oct 01, 2013
difficult qstn to answr...bt d right answr is wit ministry of information,
Ado ok!
Re: Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by cashkid18(m): 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
geeez:

Since the fourth republic began on May 29, 1999, states in Nigeria have witnessed democratic governance

To this end, there have been several administrations in respective states, charged with the responsibility of making their states better than they met it

In Lagos, for instance, the IGR, when Bola Tinubu became governor, was N600m per month. However, the concerted efforts and improvement of the socioeconomic landscape, the state has succeeded in attracting investments and today, the IGR stands at almost N30bn every month

Today, the state can stand on its own and even support a number of other states in the country

I've travelled around and seen changes in several states but the question remains:

Which Nigerian state has witnessed the greatest advancement in the fourth republic? From the GDP, to the IGR, to the employment rate, to its per capita? These figures are connected with other parameters such as health, infrastructure, education and security as these factors influence investment decisions.

So in a reality/actuality check, can we rank Nigerian states in order of advancement in the fourth republic from where they were when the military handed over in 1999 till date
another thread opened by an Yoruba bigot to engage in an ewar wic he wil neva win wen it wil start

3 Likes

Re: Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by geeez: 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
cashkid18: another thread opened by an Yoruba bigot to engage in an ewar wic he wil neva win wen it wil start

If you can't understand the topic, you can ask someone to read and explain it to you instead of this ibecilistic jactitation of yours

1 Like

Re: Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by bloggernaija: 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
Nigeria is a third world country.
When you are talk about development, you are talking about a whole set of indices /factors working together .
Most importantly, you are talking about a self sustaining economy.
Only Lagos(finance) and OGUN (manufacturing)and to an extent rivers state(operating base the oil) of can be regarded as viable states who have achieved a measure of decent growth.
Re: Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by cashkid18(m): 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2013
bloggernaija: Nigeria is a third world country.
When you are talk about development, you are talking about a whole set of indices /factors working together .
Most importantly, you are talking about a self sustaining economy.
Only Lagos(finance) and OGUN (manufacturing)and to an extent rivers state(operating base the oil) of can be regarded as viable states who have achieved a measure of decent growth.
plx cn u tel me wat ogun is manufacturin

4 Likes

Re: Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by cashkid18(m): 5:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
geeez:

If you can't understand the topic, you can ask someone to read and explain it to you instead of this ibecilistic jactitation of yours
d states ar oyo,ogun,ondo,ekiti,osun..ar u nw satisfied?ezi!!!

6 Likes

Re: Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by ITbomb(m): 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
Lagos n Ogun are for me the only all round developing states (infrastructure , human , capital , governance).
Rivers started well but dropped along the way.
Akwa Ibom has witness massive infrastructure development but no human resources development .
Re: Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by spade: 6:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
Lagos and Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
geeez:

grin iwor omoyi o gbadun fa...
Re: Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by solapex: 6:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
cashkid18: plx cn u tel me wat ogun is manufacturin
Let ♍ƺ advise you. Any goods that you buy as from now on, check where the goods is made. If that goods is made in nigeria, it is definately made in Ogun state. U̶̲̥̅̊ can cure Ūя̲̅ ignorance by doing that. 90 percent of every basic tins that is made in nigeria, if not made in lagos, it is made in ogun state.
Re: Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by cashkid18(m): 6:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
solapex: Let ♍ƺ advise you. Any goods that you buy as from now on, check where the goods is made. If that goods is made in nigeria, it is definately made in Ogun state. U̶̲̥̅̊ can cure Ūя̲̅ ignorance by doing that. 90 percent of every basic tins that is made in nigeria, if not made in lagos, it is made in ogun state.
do u mean d biscuits
Re: Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by solapex: 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2013
cashkid18: do u mean d biscuits
Just do as I told U̶̲̥̅̊. Then U̶̲̥̅̊ will be amazed. I was suprised too when I find out. Just do it then U̶̲̥̅̊ will knw that OGun state is becoming the most industrialised state not just in nigeria but west africa. Intead of U̶̲̥̅̊ dwelling in ignorance, U̶̲̥̅̊ can educate urself by doing a research on the subject mater
Re: Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by cashkid18(m): 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
solapex: Just do as I told U̶̲̥̅̊. Then U̶̲̥̅̊ will be amazed. I was suprised too when I find out. Just do it then U̶̲̥̅̊ will knw that OGun state is becoming the most industrialised state not just in nigeria but west africa. Intead of U̶̲̥̅̊ dwelling in ignorance, U̶̲̥̅̊ can educate urself by doing a research on the subject mater
dude,anambra n abia is more industrialised than ogun..d only tin dt i know dt is produced in ogun is likes of biscuits
Re: Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by solapex: 7:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
cashkid18: dude,anambra n abia is more industrialised than ogun..d only tin dt i know dt is produced in ogun is likes of biscuits
well, I don't have time for argument. I can see that U̶̲̥̅̊ don't want to knw. Don't be left in the dark bro. Go and do research.
Re: Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by Zonacom(m): 7:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
These are the states: lagos, ogun, osun, ekiti, ondo and oyo.

Shey i'm right geez? Oya lock up this thread and go celebrate!
Re: Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by jbaur24: 7:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
Illusions in the high places..
Re: Which States Have Developed Since 1999 by cashkid18(m): 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
solapex: well, I don't have time for argument. I can see that U̶̲̥̅̊ don't want to knw. Don't be left in the dark bro. Go and do research.
gud for u

(1) (Reply)

Does It Take British The Whole Months In 1914 To Amalgamated Nigeria / Now I Know How They Plotted Against Me – Bode George / Live Updates Of Yabatech SUG Election!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.