Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

ASP.NET Programmers, Please I Need Urgent Help. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / ASP.NET Programmers, Please I Need Urgent Help. (667 Views)

Help: Vb.net Programmers / .net Programmers How About This? / Why Do .net Programmers Prefer C# To Vb In Developing Web Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ASP.NET Programmers, Please I Need Urgent Help. by VURN(m): 7:49pm On Oct 01, 2013
I am developing my first website using VB.NET and i can testify that web programming is slightly different from windows/desktop programming.
I am already running out of time and i need to create an image gallery for a catalogue. I have been working on this from researches i have been making but not much was found on this subject.
I want to use listview to retrieve data from mysql database in a grid format as in picture gallery with the picture and the pictureName. I have succeeded in binding data to the listview and retrieving the pictureName but i cant retrieve the picture itself.

This is the code i used to retrieve the name and the picture:

<b>Name: </b><%#Eval("pictureName"wink%>

<asp:ImageButton ID="itemImgButon" runat="server" ImageUrl=<%#Eval("picture"wink%> />

i know that the problem is the imageUrl and i dont know how to make it right with the picture column name in the database since the image is not saved as character but as byte. I need urgent assistance, if not in the correction alone but also suggestions on a different way to create image gallery.
Re: ASP.NET Programmers, Please I Need Urgent Help. by VURN(m): 11:53pm On Oct 01, 2013
At last, i've been able to solve my problem. I tried datalist control and even discovered that it was the right control for image gallery.

(1) (Reply)

Is Wasap Server Down ? / A Dice Program / Innovation Of Google To The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.