Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,147 members, 7,829,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! (2371 Views)

[video]: Actress Kabira Kafidipe: My Acting Prowess Makes Me Unique / "Changing Faces" The Only Nigerian Film At The 2008 Pavillon Les Cinémas Du Sud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by BanevsJoker(m): 7:19am On Nov 12, 2013
cool
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by BanevsJoker(m): 7:20am On Nov 12, 2013
Young po413:

smart husband and wife
The wife is currently my favourite actress, Helena Bonham Carter. She played the Red Queen in Alice, and was in movies like Fight Club, Sleepy Hollow, and also as Bellatrix Lestrange in the Harry Potter series.
The husband on the other hand, Sacha Baron Cohen played roles like Borat Sagdiyev, General Aladeen in the Dictator, and as King Julien in the cartoon Madagascar.
My point is that, both of them are highly rated comedic actors, and it's no suprise at all that they delivered such a great performance.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Youngpo413: 7:43am On Nov 12, 2013
Csami: So person fit waste 2hrs of I'm life like dat? Ma roommate downloaded it and we decided to watch it, only to find out it wasn,t what we expected. The movie dey collect dust for ma system until now.

just relax and watch it,then thank me later.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Youngpo413: 7:44am On Nov 12, 2013
Bane vs Joker:
The wife is currently my favourite actress, Helena Bonham Carter. She played the Red Queen in Alice, and was in movies like Fight Club, Sleepy Hollow, and also as Bellatrix Lestrange in the Harry Potter series.
The husband on the other hand, Sacha Baron Cohen played roles like Borat Sagdiyev, General Aladeen in the Dictator, and as King Julien in the cartoon Madagascar.
My point is that, both of them are highly rated comedic actors, and it's no suprise at all that they delivered such a great performance.

I now understand
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Youngpo413: 7:48am On Nov 12, 2013
lynk106: haven't seen d movie but the book was great.
I will find some time to download n watch d movie by d end of this yr hopefully.

this year?come on, the movies is just 1.4GB on HD,just download and watch,then thank me later.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Youngpo413: 7:53am On Nov 12, 2013
Pls I need a link to stream or download "phantom of the opera",thanks.

1 Like

Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by chygoz3(m): 8:56am On Nov 12, 2013
Young po413: Pls I need a link to stream or download "phantom of the opera",thanks.
[url] http://files.fzmovies.net/movies/Hollywood/The_Phantom_Of_The_Opera_(2004)/The_Phantom_Of_The_Opera_(2004)_high_(fzmovies.net).mp4 [/url]
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Youngpo413: 8:56am On Nov 12, 2013
Les

Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Youngpo413: 8:58am On Nov 12, 2013

Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 12, 2013
That point above there is absolutely cool. I so love it just before the revolt. They were singing....

Red, the blood of angry men
Black, the dark of ages past,
Red, the blood of angry men......
.....etc

i wish i really could sing that song o.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by lynk106: 3:01am On Nov 13, 2013
Young po413:
this year?come on, the movies is just 1.4GB on HD,just download and watch,then thank me later.

I am not in a hurry or rush. I already read the book so, I know the whole story and more!
I will see the movie whenever I feel like it.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Csami(m): 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
Young po413:

just relax and watch it,then thank me later.

I don't watch indian movies because they sing too much and now u want me to spend hours watching les miserable? No thanks.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by BanevsJoker(m): 7:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
Csami:

I don't watch indian movies because they sing too much and now u want me to spend hours watching les miserable? No thanks.
Please don't watch.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Youngpo413: 7:15pm On Nov 14, 2013
lynk106:

I am not in a hurry or rush. I already read the book so, I know the whole story and more!
I will see the movie whenever I feel like it.

I see,but delay is dangerous.
Lol.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Csami(m): 11:42pm On Nov 14, 2013
Bane vs Joker:
Please don't watch.
ok
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by lynk106: 12:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
Young po413:
I see,but delay is dangerous.
Lol.

lol..
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Enoquin(f): 6:05pm On Nov 27, 2013
"At the end of the day, you are another colder; And that's all you can say about the lives of the poor. It's a struggle, it's a war..."

Les Miserable...classic! I loved it. My fav actress Anna Hathaway. My other favs were Jack Hughman,'Gavorche' and 'Epinoine'.

I enjoyed almost all the songs and the storyline.

I felt sad though after watching the movie. It was not just the songs 'I dreamed a dream', 'Do you hear the people sing', 'At the end of the day', 'Who am I?' and two other songs. It was the despair the movie projected and the similarity to Nigeria's situation in some ways. The repressed anger of the poor towards constituted authority, their helplessness and their lack of courage.

The young men at the barricade are similar to those here who feel a change is needed and the rest of the masses are the rest of us, who need people to bell the cat and die for us. And yet the blame doesn't go entirely to them, amongst the poor it's a dog eat dog world and fear has eroded most good qualities and morality.

The movie was one of deep reflection for me.

I thought Susan Boyle killed the song 'I dreamed a dream' in Britain Got Talent but Anna gave the song a whole new depth.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
Enoquin: "At the end of the day, you are another colder; And that's all you can say about the lives of the poor. It's a struggle, it's a war..."

Les Miserable...classic! I loved it. My fav actress Anna Hathaway. My other favs were Jack Hughman,'Gavorche' and 'Epinoine'.

I enjoyed almost all the songs and the storyline.

I felt sad though after watching the movie. It was not just the songs 'I dreamed a dream', 'Do you hear the people sing', 'At the end of the day', 'Who am I?' and two other songs. It was the despair the movie projected and the similarity to Nigeria's situation in some ways. The repressed anger of the poor towards constituted authority, their helplessness and their lack of courage.

The young men at the barricade are similar to those here who feel a change is needed and the rest of the masses are the rest of us, who need people to bell the cat and die for us. And yet the blame doesn't go entirely to them, amongst the poor it's a dog eat dog world and fear has eroded most good qualities and morality.

The movie was one of deep reflection for me.

I thought Susan Boyle killed the song 'I dreamed a dream' in Britain Got Talent but Anna gave the song a whole new depth.
Your explanation of how you feel about the movie is classic!The movie is really a reach -out,wonderful and very emotional.

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Room A Movie To Watch / Help Pls Guys, I Need A Romance/sex Filled Tv Series / Mnet Presents Glittering Tinsel! What Do You Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.