Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? (21387 Views)

Poll: Your preferred next generation console?

Sony Ps3: 50% (47 votes)
Nintendo Wii: 18% (17 votes)
Xbox 360?: 31% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Easy Way To Downgrade Sony PS3 / :: Brand New Sony PS3 Super Slim 250GB :: / Official Nintendo Wii Softmod Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Neoteny(m): 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2006
wallahi everything i say is harmless but if it offends u pleas tell me. cool?
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dondele(m): 8:10pm On Aug 05, 2006
no, not at all. u didnt. cool.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 9:06am On Aug 07, 2006
lol! so you admit that res4 was superior on Gamecube! tongue Go Nintendo!

Oooh, so you meant res1? from the ps1 days? Quite irrelevant to the discussion dontcha think? considdering the person you were responding to meant res4! cheesy

Aaaah, the ever present hardcore vs casual. In my mind, hardcore car enthusiasts are the guys who buy primera's and soup them up with sentra parts to build customized powerhouses, or who buy civic's and strip em to the bone for super drift power.

You obviously think the guy who buys a $100,000,000,000,000 bmw 15 series just because he read i a mag that it has 2 more horsepower than the 14.9999 series is 'hardcore'. I call him a 'great consumer' cheesy.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Neoteny(m): 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2006
@darkie
obviously you didnt pay your brain bills this month.

RE4 was supposed to be GC exclusive. capcom developed and published the game (not nintendo). yes the GC version is better than the ps2 version (but only visually) because the GC has more graphical capability than ps2. so whare's the problem? it only amped my point that powerful consoles do not necessarily make for stupid games, and weak consoles do not necessarily make for great games. its all down to the developers! even mgs twinsnakes on GC has bettervisuals than mgs 2 SOL. but that means-what? nothing, except both konami and capcom utilized the GC's power to enhance their games. i hav both versions of RE4 so i know the difference between the 2. actually the ps2 version has a few extras and i love it more visuals aside.

so get this drummed into your lead-lined skull: good games are the responsibility of the software developers!! so stop this childish sony bashing because thats precisely the reaason i don't hang around joystiq anymore.

now my reason for pointing out RE as first appearing on pc was just so other casual gamers would know, because left to u nintendo fanboys you'd rather the lamers believe everything cool is nintendo.

im done because all this stupid exchange serves no purpose other than to waste valuable post space. don't u hav something better to do than trailing after me and arguing about pointless things? 2 of these consoles are not out, i don't hav the full wii specs, sony may still cut price (we wish) and the 360 is still in  its diapers. so what the f**k are u doing?!! speculation does not deviate anything from the fact that someone's going to win and someones gone lose and we all may be surprised because initially i argued the original xbox was going to beat the ps2, and afterall a lot of people ARE going to end up buying all three consoles over time so what the fugg does it matter if the wii got there first with a stupid biceps-enhancing pad?
i'll rather speculate on how games will look and feel than knock myself out fretting and carrying on about who's gone hav more market share. so gloat in your arrogance, you prick, and by the time u got off your high horse i'll be playing a wii, a ps3 and an xbox360.

curse you, darkmanzero, curse all the nintendogs.

grin grin grin

ok. the smileys are to let you know this is simulated anger. just in case you didnt figure.

but don't count on me being dragged into another silly flame war again. got all the heat i need from those lusers (Lame Useres to you casual gamers/unweaned tech freaks)at gamespot and joystiq.

grin

theres the grin again. peace brah.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2006
Arguing about games/systems is great recreation!

No personal vendetta against u inparticular! u just seem to have views contrary to mine so often.

lol. Your genuine and simulated anger are easy to distinguish, no worries! leaded-lined skull? pleeeease!!!!

I would have said that it was *my* point of view that gfx is secondary to the dev quality, but since uve already been so convinced that u think its your own idea I should shut up before I undo my good work!!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Neoteny(m): 9:52pm On Aug 07, 2006
grrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! <pulling hair and cussing> a thousand deaths to you darkmanzero!! may that stupid wii pad give you arthritis!!!
angry angry

now thats me wen i really go thermal.

anyyywayyys. i dont really care much who wins or loses, how many suckers buy the wii instead of the ps3/xbox360. indeed, i find myself gravitating more towards the 360 than anything else. incidentally why cant u just be like a normal lagos chum by carrying on with that trademark look of vacuity?

ok, i called u a lead shielded blockhead (in jest, of course) but thats cos your arrogance was craving it. grin

ok, serious now.
so. which console are u going for? besides wii of course? no tell me say go still obtain ps3 later wen the thing pepper don come down else i'll spit on you.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by texazzpete(m): 12:22am On Aug 08, 2006
WTF?!
You ees loco senhor. maybe eet is the sun, no?

anyways i plan on getting a PS3 at launch. It's been a personal fantsay of mine to grab one just when it comes out, and ive been planning it for years. Of course, didnt know it was gonna be so damn costly at $600,
I'm a nintendo fanboy, thru and thru. Doesn't mean i ain't a realist sha. I'd neva pick a DS over a psp and i'm as much a graphics LovePeddler as the next guy. That said, i wouldn't mind getting a Wii. Only reason i can't do that is because there prolly won't be Winning eleven on it. that, i think, will be the primary consideration for most naijan gamers.
Will be funny to see what happens when ps3 hits naija. ps2 came out at $230 and was sold in alaba for abt 100k then. wonder what price a $600 ps3 will debut at?
I see alaba traders doing brisk business, buying the cheaper version of ps3 and selling at the same price for the costly version.
I've seen comparison shots of the output on normal TVs and HDTVs and im kinda worried. seems u can only fully tap the power of the next-gen consoles by sing an HDTV.

Happily enuff, winning elevn for the x360 comes out january 2007. X360's being sold in alaba for like 35-40k, so naijans can get their next-gen winning elevn fix at an affordable price. That and the new wave in xbox 360 piracy will prolly make the xbox 360 the hotter product for the next couple of years,

whaddaya think? I say piracy and Winning eleven will decide the winner of the next-gen battle in naija

@dakmanzero

u seen the latest trailers for crysis? drool alert!
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by c0dec(m): 2:33am On Aug 09, 2006
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 10:41am On Aug 09, 2006
yep, neoteny's right about winning eleven. In any case, fifa is defn on the way, but naija is a world soccer loving country. I detest football games, anyway so i dont give a crap

like I said earlier, the wii is the only console im thinking of getting. I wont bother with ps3 or xbox360 until they are hacked to the extent that i can play pira games and dump iso's on the hard drives. Also, I dont plan on getting one of those ridiculously expensive hdtv's for another 5 years at least, so the extra graphical power of x360 and wii is wasted on me. I may borrow a console from friends, but buy? HAH!

@texas pete: alaba boys sold x360 for 150 grand. Do the math. your only hope for ps3 is yahooyahoo
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by texazzpete(m): 8:34pm On Aug 09, 2006
dakmanzero:

yes, neoteny's right about winning eleven. In any case, fifa is defn on the way, but naija is a world soccer loving country. I detest football games, anyway so i don't give a crap

like I said earlier, the wii is the only console im thinking of getting. I wont bother with ps3 or xbox360 until they are hacked to the extent that i can play pira games and dump iso's on the hard drives. Also, I don't plan on getting one of those ridiculously expensive hdtv's for another 5 years at least, so the extra graphical power of x360 and wii is wasted on me. I may borrow a console from friends, but buy? HAH!

@texas pete: alaba boys sold x360 for 150 grand. Do the math. your only hope for ps3 is yahooyahoo

Not quite! I could obtain a mastercard from my bank and then buy online, follow a convoluted shipping arrangement and finally get it into my eager paws. Oh Joy!!
the alaba boys will know their limits. how many ppl, even yahooyahoo will buy a console for 200K?

u know what's funny? there's a shop in benin that still has a solitary dreamcast on its shelf. it's been there for th epast 5 years. the price? 40k! I guess it'll be there till Jesus comes again,
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 8:48pm On Aug 09, 2006
lol! A few years back one guy at oshodi almost dumped a dreamcast on me for free. I went there to buy a gameboy colour for my little brother, and it was sold at close to the same price! However the lil tyke was sold on pokemon, so we had to overlook it. (Besides they had the special pikachu edition of pokemon yellow. Who can resist such an opportunity to make an impression on one so young?)

Well, tp, more power to you. When u get it, I shall take leave and fly down to double-U to experience tekken 6,final fantasy 13, and mgs4 first hand, if u have enuff to buy em by then, that is!
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Neoteny(m): 11:14am On Aug 10, 2006
@dakmanzero

actually texazzpete mentioned winning eleven. i dont do football. heard of the sony mylo? man the thing don dey gather serious dissing o! WTF is happening to sony? everybody is bashing psp, ps3 and now mylo.hmm.

its fuct up that we cant get xboxlive here in naija else thats the only console i'll swear fealty for. wish those NeoAvalon guys were still around to tell us how they did the trick with the ps2.

nextgen game cant wait to play? RE5.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2006
i noticed o

i love my psp but most of the issues raised by the bashers are true. *sigh*

i guess sony are the industry's whipping-boys for now!

Maybe it will inspire them to make some positive changes. I just hope the ps3 doesnt have to be a dismal failure before they wise up.

Also hope nintendo's head doesnt swell too much. The bad rep they gathered in the past really humbled them and made them reorient themselves in a positive way
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by c0dec(m): 4:54am On Aug 11, 2006
nintendo is an evil corporation.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by diddy4(m): 5:36am On Aug 11, 2006
i got the 360, waiting for the other two. i buy am for decorations cuzz i rarely play them.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 8:52am On Aug 11, 2006
All corporations that make money are evil.

There is a reason why the reward for goodness is beyond the grave.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by spikyn: 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2006
So glad I missed the simulated flames. tongue

@Neo, hold unto your dreams and start saving, I for one don't believe in paying too much money for anything that will eventually break or fall in price.

Sony's problem as I see it is that they are coming into this round of a high and it's gotten to them. After they blasted the 360/Microsoft for their 2-ier pricing dem for just release one console and $550 and let everybody who can buy it buy. It'da even tempted me but I guess they are still developing a business model for incremental prices/payments. Microsoft will lose as much as it takes to take down Sony plain and simp. Now they're thinking handheld? Oh yeah! Bring it on! They are fighting a battle on 3 fronts. Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD, PSP vs DS/iPod and PS3 vs. 360/Wii/PC. To do that they shoulda taken them on sequentially and not as if the they were invulnerable; they should remember what happened to Nintendo an learn. Nintendo had to sacrifice it's home console to concentrate on it's handhelds just to fend of Sony's killer PSP push, even the DS was supposed to be a stop-gap/third pillar before the next gameboy but that's all over now.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Neoteny(m): 8:28pm On Aug 11, 2006
spikyn:

So glad I missed the simulated flames. tongue

@Neo, hold unto your dreams and start saving, I for one don't believe in paying too much money for anything that will eventually break or fall in price.

Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Neoteny(m): 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2006
spikyn:

So glad I missed the simulated flames.  tongue

how much was your phone when you bought it? how much is it now?

how much was your ps2 when you bought it? how much is it now?

the point is, you can wait forever if u so wish but all that'll happen is that prices will keep falling. you can wait until its 15k for a ps3, but using your logic i could tell you by then that you should have waited till its 5k, and someone may say wait till its 1k5, and so on. if i can afford it, i will buy it. because wats good for u is worth the price.

and when u say "hold on on to your dreams" u make it sound like buying a ps3 is impossible for me in the short run. well,brah, i was "dreaming" about the ps2 and i still bought it for 120k, and now its just a doorstop on steroids for all the use i make of it. so at the risk of sounding like a stupid preening A-hole i'll say just MAYBE i can squeeze out 180 to buy the shite. sounds dumb? opportunity cost. maybe i don't have much else to buy with the money. maybe im just plain fukking nuts.

@dakmanzero

"All corporations that make money are evil." sounds like the kind of thing michael moore would say.
apple makes money but i don't think its evil.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 2:25am On Aug 12, 2006
Apple is as evil as they come.

As said by byte columnist jerry pournelle, they defacate upon their users from a great height.

And the poor schmucks don't even know it.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by texazzpete(m): 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2006
Neoteny:

how much was your phone when you bought it? how much is it now?

how much was your ps2 when you bought it? how much is it now?

the point is, you can wait forever if u so wish but all that'll happen is that prices will keep falling. you can wait until its 15k for a ps3, but using your logic i could tell you by then that you should have waited till its 5k, and someone may say wait till its 1k5, and so on. if i can afford it, i will buy it. because wats good for u is worth the price.

and when u say "hold on on to your dreams" u make it sound like buying a ps3 is impossible for me in the short run. well,brah, i was "dreaming" about the ps2 and i still bought it for 120k, and now its just a doorstop on steroids for all the use i make of it. so at the risk of sounding like a stupid preening A-hole i'll say just MAYBE i can squeeze out 180 to buy the shite. sounds dumb? opportunity cost. maybe i don't have much else to buy with the money. maybe im just plain fukking nuts.

@dakmanzero

"All corporations that make money are evil." sounds like the kind of thing michael moore would say.
apple makes money but i don't think its evil.

180K?!
if uve got that much cas$h, try grab a mastercard from first bank or Uba and preorder at a fraction of the cost.
as for me, i think $600 is like 80k max. thats what i'm gonna spend, or die trying.
pity these yahoo boys have spoiled naija image for us, now it's murder getting any merchant to ship to nigeria, angry
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Neoteny(m): 8:51pm On Aug 12, 2006
well im not keen to get a launch cconsole,better wait a little for user reviews so i dont end up with an overhearting console. like the xbox360
launch series.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 8:00pm On Aug 13, 2006
hey tp + neoteny,

tp:

He had to pay that much because of launch scarcity. Dont be naive, you will probably not be able to find a system at launch for that price AND ship it to te country without racking it up something wicked.

On the flipsde however, while yahooboys are the scum of the earth and should all be put in a human meat grinder, understand that their evil acts have actually opened a path for you to get your 600dollar price tag. They get those things free, you know.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by texazzpete(m): 10:30pm On Aug 13, 2006
dakmanzero:

hey tp + neoteny,

tp:

He had to pay that much because of launch scarcity. Dont be naive, you will probably not be able to find a system at launch for that price AND ship it to te country without racking it up something wicked.

On the flipsde however, while yahooboys are the scum of the earth and should all be put in a human meat grinder, understand that their evil acts have actually opened a path for you to get your 600dollar price tag. They get those things free, you know.

I know, i know, just hoping that the immense backlash againt the ps3 price wil lead to ps3 still on shelves dec 2006. As in, the holiday periods r usually when console launches hammer in terms of sales, btu i dont see middle class US families gettign their kids $600 consoles.
Would be a lot easier if u could preorder sha,
On the flipside, i remember the woes of most pof my guys who got ps2s at launch. Disc read Error, anyone?
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 8:37am On Aug 14, 2006
Personally, I don't buy electronics at launch.

I only just upgraded to a prescott when conroe was released. I will definitely get a conroe, but in one and a half years time, and I know which one I will get already (middle-range today)

I never bought a console at launch. I buy video cards 2 generations down the line. I got my PSP 2 yrs after launch (this year). These are all things I *knew* I would get, but I always waited. Not an arbitrary amount of time, like 'until the price comes down' or whatever, but a fixed length of time, then I assume whatever it costs at that time is what it is worth.

If I decide to get a ps3, I will be buying it in mid-2008. If it really is a flop, it will cost $50 then. If it is a hit like ps2, it will still be expensive (like ps2).

Now, to the point: Wii is the only thing I have EVER contemplated picking up at launch. And this is for one reason only,

I

am

excited

about

it!!!!!!

Yes, it has gotten me into an irrational state of anticipation. I just feel excited in a childish sort of way, and it is something I havent felt in a looooooooong time! And the price point just makes it more attractive.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Highbury(m): 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2006
ps3 is the best game console presently and its goin to stay lik that for a long time
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2006
How can it be the best when it hasnt even come out yet?!??!?!?!?!!!!!

Wait till November, my broda. We know nothing until then.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by texazzpete(m): 2:51pm On Aug 14, 2006
Highbury:

ps3 is the best game console presently and its goin to stay lik that for a long time

Dude. the Ps3 aint out yet, so how come it's the best 'presently'?
now we've dispensed with da english check, it's not really wise to judge console sales and acceptance by specs alone. the sega saturn was more powerful than the playstation, but it keeled over and died early on for a myriad of reasons. The ps2 was the weakest of the current gen systems, yet it won the console war by a loong margin.
I need not even go as far as mentioning all the other companies that have come after nintendo's game boy with superior hardware and graphics. many have tried, all have failed. Go Ninty!! (yeah, i'm a fanboy)
The Wii's got 27 launch titles already. I'm definitely picking one up at launch, then i'll wait awhile b4 getting the ps3.  if the recent strides in xbox 360 hacking become a reality, then i will forsake the ps3 (gladly!) and get a 360 for my next-gen needs.
so it's the Wii and one other for me. thats all!
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2006
he be like say we don flog this argument die finish.

As per xbox360 hacking, u know those guys can copy games already? unfortunately the flashing procedure requires a PC, downloaded software and some skills that the alaba boys may not warm to. Also, it requires a 360 with two specific brands of DVD drive, a hole microsoft will soon close.

however it means that if one buys a 360 NOW, we could probably be among the lucky few to enjoy pira 360 games. w00000t,
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by c0dec(m): 11:38pm On Aug 14, 2006
dakmanzero:

As per xbox360 hacking, u know those guys can copy games already? unfortunately the flashing procedure requires a PC, downloaded software and some skills that the alaba boys may not warm to.

alaba boys learn fast!

BTW, -> http://blogs.msdn.com/xna/
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by c0dec(m): 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2006
just over 2 weeks left for the release of the PS3. has any PS fanboy out there saved up enough cash yet?
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by shens2006(m): 6:29pm On Oct 22, 2006
i've not even started saving any cash. or u fit get am for me lol grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fly Microsoft Flight Stimulator (fsx) Online And Earn 100 Dollars Monthly / PlayStation 3 hacking and Game Installation Services / 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.