Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Fake Accident Scam Alert - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fake Accident Scam Alert (679 Views)

SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? / Canadian Immigration Scam Alert.(swiftravelsolution.com) / Breaking News Scam Alert Scam Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fake Accident Scam Alert by saintandsinnerz: 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
scam alert Hello, just want to share an experience my friend had with ''scammers'' today so that people will be aware of it! I was discussing with my friend this morning and suddenly his phone rang and following discussion ensued between my friend and the caller: caller: good morning sir, please I'm a senior road safety officer...There was an accident involving a commercial bus travelling to lagos and they are calling the victims' next of kins to inform them of the accident. He went on that the supposed victim (my friend's relative) had no airtime in her phone, hence they couldn't call with her number for verification of the number. They now demanded that my friend send them airtime of 200 or 400 naira so that they can load in the girl's phone and use it to call my friend for identification. My friend: ok sir, i will send the credit immediately! With so much tension and anxiety my friend wanted to run inside to get some money for the airtime. You can see the visibly tension in his face. I started laughing at him and asked him so had it been I'm not with him he will fall for this cheap but wicked scam? Then it dawned on him it was a scam! But again, when we reflected on the whole episode, we were amazed at the extent some people can go to dupe unsuspecting people! I asked rhetorically what if the victim happens to be hypertensive? Please if you are involved in this kind of scam or you know who does, i plead that you desist from it.
Re: Fake Accident Scam Alert by fittty(m): 4:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
undecided

(1) (Reply)

/ i need help from justwise and darkroll or any nigerian in the seychelles island. / Chad, Togo And Rwanda Listed Among Top 10 Most Unhappy Nations In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.