Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,830 members, 7,862,731 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:01 AM

India's Baby Factory- Women Paid £5,000 To Have Babies - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / India's Baby Factory- Women Paid £5,000 To Have Babies (579 Views)

Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo / Orji Demolishes 5-storey Ezuma Hospital… Says, No Room For Baby Factory In Abia / 5,000 Personality Traits Are Linked To Handwriting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

India's Baby Factory- Women Paid £5,000 To Have Babies by 9jaflave: 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2013
http://9jaflave..com/2013/10/indias-baby-factory-women-paid-5000-to-have-babies.html

Childlessness can be the worst nightmare and a woman would go to any extent just to have her own baby. Now the world’s first baby factory is being built in India to house hundreds of poor women paid to have children for Western couples unable to conceive.

Potential parents will be able to send sperm or embryos to the one-stop surrogacy shop, before visiting to pick up their new child. The multi-million-pound clinic will have self-catering apartments for visiting Western couples, a floor for surrogate mothers, offices, delivery rooms, an IVF department and even restaurants and a gift shop.

The doctor behind the state-of-the-art centre is Nayna Patel, who runs a back-street clinic that accommodates around 100 pregnant women in a single house. She pays each surrogate around £4,950 and receives £17,250 from hopeful parents.

Her programme in Anand, a small city in the state of Gujarat where the new clinic is under construction, has already produced almost 600 babies for rich couples. Dr Patel revealed in a BBC 4 documentary that she had received death threats and faced accusations of exploiting the poor for profit.

She said: ‘I have faced criticism and I will in the future. According to many, I am controversial. There have been allegations of baby selling, baby-making factory.’
She insisted she was on a feminist mission, saying ‘surrogacy is one woman helping another’.

She dismissed suggestions that she was exploiting the surrogates. ‘These woman are doing a job,’ she said. ‘It’s a physical job – they are paid for that job.
‘These women know there is no gain without pain.’

Surrogate mother Papiya, who is expecting twins for a couple in America, said she planned to spend her payment on a new house for her family.
‘Having twins means we get a bigger fee,’ she said. ‘Last time I was a surrogate, I bought white goods, a car and lent some to my sister-in-law.’

Another surrogate, Vasanti, said she had been able to send her daughter to a good English-speaking school with the cash she has earned. She is also using her fees to build a new house for her family.

http://9jaflave..com/2013/10/indias-baby-factory-women-paid-5000-to-have-babies.html

(1) (Reply)

Facts Zone / Beware Of New Extortion Trick By The Nigerian Police / Outstanding Qualities You Need As A Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.