Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,940 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Top 8 Windows 8 Hybirds (Tablet + laptop) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Top 8 Windows 8 Hybirds (Tablet + laptop) (2895 Views)

Step By Step Instructions To Make A Bootable USB Disk For Windows 8, Windows 7, / Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) / Hp Tx 2500 Tablet Laptop For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 8 Windows 8 Hybirds (Tablet + laptop) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sometimes we are caught up between if we should buy a laptop or tablet, ive see many people on nairaland ask this same question, well u can have the two at the same time buy purchacing a "Hybird" device. The first Hybird was introduced by ASUS. they are now of diffrent designs and concepts diffrent prizes by diffrent OEM all running Windows 8 and above. There are so many but i gonna be sharing just 8 top hybirds. Enjoy.

NB: If u need more info about a particular hybird, just google it!.
some are not on sale yet. But all exists

1. Dell XPS 12

Last year's Dell XPS 12 was already one of the most solid hybrids around, and the manufacturer made it even better for 2013. The new XPS 12 retains the same unique flip-display as its predecessor, and is bolstered by a fourth-generation Intel Core processor and a new battery with a stunning 9.5 hours of endurance. With a 12.5-inch Gorilla Glass touch screen and a 1920 x 1080 resolution, this morphing Ultrabook dazzles as both a laptop and tablet.

2. Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga Pro 2 (my favorite)

(Sorry im having problems posting this pic, ive tread all type of link, the pic did not show. I would upload it manually down)

Lenovo recently unveiled the IdeaPad Yoga 2 Pro, a hybrid ultrabook that's lighter and sharper than its predecessor. Living up to its "Yoga" namesake, this 3.4-pound PC can be used in Laptop, Tablet, Stand, and Tent modes depending on what's more comfortable for the user. This new device has a 13.3-inch, 3200 x 1800 IPS display, voice control, and a "Yoga Picks" function that suggests different apps based on how the hybrid laptop is being used. Those looking for a more flexible PC than ever (literally) can check out the IdeaPad Yoga 2 Pro when it releases in October.

3. ASUS Transformer Book T300

ASUS is no stranger to the Windows 8 hybrid market, and its newly-revealed ASUS Transformer Book T300 is shaping up to be its most impressive laptop/tablet combo yet. This hybrid has a 13.3-inch, 1920 x 1080 display that can be removed from the keyboard to become a fully-functioning standalone slate. With an Intel Core i7-4500 processor and 8GB of RAM, this ASUS hybrid seems strong enough to transform for any task.

4.Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T

What makes an 11.6-inch tablet running Windows 8 Pro perform like a top-tier ultraportable laptop? How about a Core i5 processor with Intel 4000 HD graphics and a keyboard dock with a spacious island-style layout and exemplary tactile feedback. For $1,199 the ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T offers both, not to mention a stylus that works with Samsung’s excellent S Note applications, a 128GB SSD, and a full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution screen in an 11-inch tablet-turned-laptop.

5. HP Split x2

HP entered the world of Windows 8 hybrids with the Envy x2, a laptop with a fully-removable 11.9-inch touchscreen. The manufacturer is looking to come back even stronger with the HP Split x2, which has a bigger 13-inch, 1366 x 768 display and a third-generation Intel Core i3-3229Y processor with 4GM of RAM in the entry-level model. Music fanatics will delight in the built-in Beats Audio technology, and its $749 price tag makes it one of the most affordable hybrids around.

6.Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

Another innovative addition to Lenovo's hybrid line, the newly-showcased ThinkPad Yoga features a 12.5-inch Gorilla Glass screen and digital pen support. The device can be used in Laptop, Tablet, Tent, and Stand mode just like the IdeaPad Yoga, and has a "Lift N' Lock" keyboard that flattens in Tablet mode so that no keys are pressed accidentally. The Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga packs a fourth-generation Intel Core i7 processor, 8 GM of RAM, NFC functionality, and is slated to ship with Windows 8.1 in November for $949.

7. Sony VAIO Flip 13

Sony's VAIO Flip 13 has a similar screen-flip functionality as the Dell XPS 12, but we think Sony's hybrid transforms a little more elegantly. While the XPS 12's screen rotates within an aluminum frame, the VAIO Flip 13 uses a hinge in the middle of the screen's back panel to effortlessly slide between laptop and tablet mode. This Haswell-powered hybrid packs 12 GB of RAM and a 1920 x 1080 tri-luminous IPS display. With a uniquely sleek design, the VAIO Flip 13 could become a serious contender in the Windows 8 hybrid market when it hits stores.

8. Acer Iconia W510

Acer's 10.1-inch, 1366 x 768-pixel Windows 8 slate works in three modes thanks to a keyboard dock that allows the screen to face away from the keyboard in a special presentation mode. With the dock, the W510 costs $749 and adds double the battery life. Without the dock, the Iconia W510 costs $499 and still includes a 2MP front cam capable of 1080p video, a back-facing 8-MP camera, a Gorilla Glass screen, microHDMI and a microSD card slot.

Refrence: Laptop mag

Re: Top 8 Windows 8 Hybirds (Tablet + laptop) by Swiftboy(m): 5:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
Thanks Op! Cool devices they are! I think hybrid rocks! But then its better if they're not too big to carry about!
Re: Top 8 Windows 8 Hybirds (Tablet + laptop) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
Swiftboy: Thanks Op! Cool devices they are! I think hybrid rocks! But then its better if they're not too big to carry about!
Yes they are
Re: Top 8 Windows 8 Hybirds (Tablet + laptop) by stephano100(m): 2:36am On Oct 03, 2013
Badt badt hybrids
12GB RAM shiiiiiiiiii

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Windows 8 Hybirds (Tablet + laptop) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
Reserved for FAQs

Q: Are they as light as normal tablets

A: yes! Some are just a little bit heavier but they are lighter than u think

Q: Thanks Op! Cool devices they are! I think hybrid rocks! But then its better if they're not too big to carry about!

A: they are of diffrent sizes, the are also 10" and 11" versions.

Q: price?
A: price differs according to specific product and region. The best ans u can get is from ur local store. Or check online stores like .
Re: Top 8 Windows 8 Hybirds (Tablet + laptop) by Lordwize(m): 9:50am On Oct 04, 2013
Prices

(1) (Reply)

200 Ebooks For Making Money Black Hat And White Hat Methods / Uk Used Hp 255 For Sale / SOLD Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5(2-1) 8gb, 256gb With Original Charger SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.